Royal Family and The Government

Started by JordanCookDerby, August 01, 2006, 06:02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polo_pony

I think this would cause a bit of controversy. However, it would be nice for them to see what the Queen's opinion on running her Domain.

Oh ya, the welcome place, is for new people introducing themselves. but thats okay.  :D
we're from the city

cookie_monster

Topics like these go in the Royalty Today board!  ;)  Someone will move it for you.   ;)  :)

I it'll cause too much controversy and some people might not like if the royal family was in charge of the government. (IMO)democracy is the best thing.
~Willite, Harryite, Peterite, Elizabeth II-ite, Maryite~

Jenee

I voted: well it probably would be a better run country then

HM does have influence over the government, although it is mainly behind the scenes.
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

heather

Most members of the royal family, including HM The Queen and her son, Charles are too far removed from "real life", they cannot be expected to govern the country.........that would be quite ridiculous.
     Our Queen is a superb diplomat, but her son doesn't have the same trait.
             We should keep things as they are.
                    My answer was NO NO NO !

hippie_cyndi

i picked...No...no...& no

why we want some heredity royal family ruling the UK...look how well it worked for the brits...&...others...with civil war...beheading kings/queens...not 2 forget current nepal & middle east monarchY...so damn corrupt...the best system is what we have right now in cerimonial monarchy

i prefer this qoute by king gustaf of Sweden:

"Democracy and monarchy support each other, there is a close collaboration. The monarchy is a stabile and apolitical institution that stands through all the political turns. It stands for history and tradition"  :Royal:
Thanx Crystalrayn :flowery:

guysguy

cannot one be apolitical yet still have strong opinions on policy?

hippie_cyndi

of course, you can be a-political...&...still have strong opinions...'apolitical' means...be smart....&...diplomatik...about those views...don't express it in public forums...if you are a future king/queen.
Thanx Crystalrayn :flowery: