Meeting

Started by lizzie2106, May 29, 2006, 05:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lizzie2106

Who here has ever met a member of the royal family?

Go Zara!! :thumbsup: :woo:

Harry2me4ever

Nobody.   :shrug: Sad isn't it? :P

Wombat

I think Speckles said they met Prince William very briefly (20 secs) when he was on his tour of New Zealand :unsure: But don't quote me :shrug:

I've met Harry many times...in my head :angel:

heather

Quote from: lizzie2106 on May 29, 2006, 05:30:25 PM
Who here has ever met a member of the royal family?

I have met most of them over the years, but sadly did not meet Diana.
    Heather

lizzie2106

you are very lucky!

Go Zara!! :thumbsup: :woo:

heather

The Queen Mother was quite something, soft and steely at the same time.
Prince Philip is very amusing.
HM The Queen is very gracious.
Prince Andrew was quite dashing in those days.
Charles seemed so much older than his years, but had a good sense of humour.
Princess Anne is not shy in the least, but is inclined to be a bit toffee nosed.
Prince Edward was very charming.
Princess Alexandra is a lovely lady, as is the Duchess of Kent.

heather

I was not impressed by Princess Margaret at all, nor were most of my associates.
Dreadful waste of a life that had so much promise.

AHoch82

My younger sister will meet PW for me when she will be in London 2 weeks! :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:
Harryite #0040

T125eagle

i havent had the pleasure of meeting a Royal but i have seen the Queen, Prince Philip and Andrew, when I was in London. couldnt talk to them cause there were like 50 cops around! LOL. but i have written to the Queen and Prince Philip and gotten responses from their Private Secretaries.
Philipite #001 Duke of Windsor ite #001;Harryite # 0028

AHoch82

Quote from: T125eagle on June 14, 2006, 01:56:54 AM
i havent had the pleasure of meeting a Royal but i have seen the Queen, Prince Philip and Andrew, when I was in London. couldnt talk to them cause there were like 50 cops around! LOL. but i have written to the Queen and Prince Philip and gotten responses from their Private Secretaries.
Really?
Harryite #0040

T125eagle

yeah. it was really nice. i have the picture a friend of mine took of the event. the Queen was wearing a matching pink dress and hat. it was on Commonwealth Day last year. as for the letters, im sending one to Prince Philip again tomorrow.
Philipite #001 Duke of Windsor ite #001;Harryite # 0028

heather

Quote from: T125eagle on June 14, 2006, 11:15:32 PM
yeah. it was really nice. i have the picture a friend of mine took of the event. the Queen was wearing a matching pink dress and hat. it was on Commonwealth Day last year. as for the letters, im sending one to Prince Philip again tomorrow.

don't do it too often otherwise they will "red flag" you! :unsure:

AHoch82

Quote from: T125eagle on June 14, 2006, 11:15:32 PM
Cool!
Harryite #0040

polo_pony

whats a red flag?
we're from the city

AHoch82

Quote from: AHoch82 on June 08, 2006, 07:42:19 PM
My younger sister will meet PW for me when she will be in London 2 weeks! :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:
How sad for me that she not see PW around there but im disappointed, she told me on email. :(
Harryite #0040

heather

Quote from: polo_pony on June 28, 2006, 06:38:54 PM
whats a red flag?

Palace Staff take note of who and how often members of the public contact members of the Royal Family.
Those who are obsessive or odd in their correspondence are "red flagged" and their info is passed on to royal protection officers and the police.
   Similarly photos are taken of those who come out to meet and greet members of the royal family,
protection officers keep track of people who pop up in these photos on a regular basis.
   Areas that surround royal residences are kept under watch too, and families living on the royal estates are kept up to speed on who to watch out for.
         Heather

polo_pony

I have met the king and queen (not persoanlly, but..)

okay, norway came and hid in our town in WW2, so they came back to say thanks. So I had to go, it was cool, a ton of police, and yes, I being an idiot ran up, and got in trouble by the police..

I'll scan the pics of me holding the norway flag..
we're from the city

Michele

I was very fortunate to meet the queen in 1982.
At that time my family and I were living in Brisbane and the queen and Prince Phillip were visiting for the Commonwealth Games.
Although I was only 9, I can remember being very excited at the prospect of meeting the queen.
I was in my gymnastics group gathered to the side of a walkway when this intense excitement ran through the gathered throngs.
The queen was coming.
Finally, this beautiful, lovely lady got out of a very shiny car.
I recall thinking how much she reminded me of the lady with 3 dogs who lived in our street.
She was extremely pale and looked very crisp.
She approached our side of the walkway and started talking to those waiting behind the rope.
I cannot described just how excited I was to finally speak to her.
I can remember her saying to the man standing behind me "It's a lovely day isn't it?"
Then she looked down at me and said "Hello there" and took my flowers.
I said "Hello queen", forgetting that my mother had insisted I call her your majesty.
That was the extent of my meeting with the queen.
I know it was very brief but I can honestly say that I will remember it for the rest of my days.
I'll remember how incredibly beautiful, graceful and kind she was.
I remember other wonderful, quirky things from that day as well.
I remember how she wore an awful lot of makeup and how she smelled very nice.
I also remember how that one encounter made me very happy, as it did for many others that day.

The highlight of my summer in 1988 was meeting Princess Diana in Sydney.
Again, it was a brief encounter such as the one I had with the queen but also one I'll remember for the rest of my life.
Diana was simply enchanting and very, very beautiful.
I am yet to see any picture that does her justice.
She was very softly spoken and to this day I still don't know what she said to me as the crowds were incredibly loud and I could barely hear myself think.

Both encounters have made me realise that these two women were far more alike than we may think.
Both change/changed people's lives just from a simple encounter.
Both give/gave people such happiness from just one word spoken.
Both are/were incredibly beautiful and breathtalkingly elegant women.
Both make/made many, many people incredibly happy.
Both when gone have left/will leave a hole in many lives.

Jenee

Thanks for such a detailed recount of your meetings Michele! I really enjoyed reading it!
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

agentblueberry

yes, in my dreams every night i see wills and we do stuff together like take walks and go to starbucks! :teehee:
Chelsyite # 0022  Harryite # 0084  Dianaite #007  Stunningite # 002 Cheese-ite # 0013 Willite # 0076 Daniel-ite #002