Sophie Wessex: The Queen's Favourite

Started by serene grace, December 20, 2007, 08:30:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heather

HM was very fond of Sarah, Duchess of York, and still is, according to some people. :snob:

Countessa

She's not the Queen's favorite, apparently. Sophie is.

Nighthawk

sarah is an ex daughter in law so that means she's not a part of the other 2 daughter inlaws that the queen can choose from.....lol

Countessa

I think the article means that people close to the Queen believe that of all of the women who have married her sons, Sophie is the one she likes best, obviously relates to and actually enjoys her company. She may think that finally a woman came along who didn't cheat on her son and humiliate him and the RF (Fergie), or fall apart under the strain of her broken down marriage by using her children as weapons and airing the family's dirty laundry in public (Diana). That's all. Whatever faults Sophie may have, HM seems to be a great defender of her daughter-in-law. Again, I think much of the reason HM adores Sophie is because she has made Edward very happy.

heather

She has made Edward manly, no wonder her mother in law is happy !  :Royal:

One can only wonder what HM thought about her oldest son chasing after a married woman, whose husband was godson of HM The Queen Mother.
  One can only wonder what HM thought of her son when he was recorded on the tampax tape, and then told the world on television that he never loved his wife, and that his parents were horrid to him, and yes, airing the family's dirty laundry in public, a full year before Diana did the Panorama interview :rolleyes:

leogirl

Well, this comes as no surprise, seeing as the choices are either Sophie or Cams...

heather

HM would sooner chew off her own left foot than choose Camz ! :laugh:

Diedera

..............so, Cam lost that poll too.  She really is having a difficult week. :rudolf:
:snowflake:

heather

They need to re brand Camilla, or re package her, or whatever it is that they haven't tried before. :laugh:

Or they could just give up and give us all a bit of peace! :teehee:

Varya

Quote from: heather on December 29, 2007, 04:28:14 AM
  She has made Edward manly, no wonder her mother in law is happy !  :Royal:

One can only wonder what HM thought about her oldest son chasing after a married woman, whose husband was godson of HM The Queen Mother.
  One can only wonder what HM thought of her son when he was recorded on the tampax tape, and then told the world on television that he never loved his wife, and that his parents were horrid to him, and yes, airing the family's dirty laundry in public, a full year before Diana did the Panorama interview :rolleyes:

exactly :thumbsup:

Quote from: Diedera on December 29, 2007, 04:38:39 AM
..............so, Cam lost that poll too.  She really is having a difficult week. :rudolf:

:lmao:

SO I DID HAVE SIGNATURE UP HERE... but evidently it would probably have been removed so I removed it first. But bummer about the possible censorship!
Almost everything is speculation mixed with opinions... get over it!
Diana-ite #3 Chelsy-ite #8
NON[/colo

Countessa

I'm not sure the Queen even considers Camz a daughter-in-law. I really think she despises the woman for what she thinks she did to her family. At best the British monarchy has 66% approval where as Dutch and Danish monarchies have 80% to 90% approval. C&C are just not popular and could very well end the monarchy. 66% could become 40% and then the republicans would have their way.

sandy

Quote from: Countessa on December 29, 2007, 03:32:23 AM
I think the article means that people close to the Queen believe that of all of the women who have married her sons, Sophie is the one she likes best, obviously relates to and actually enjoys her company. She may think that finally a woman came along who didn't cheat on her son and humiliate him and the RF (Fergie), or fall apart under the strain of her broken down marriage by using her children as weapons and airing the family's dirty laundry in public (Diana). That's all. Whatever faults Sophie may have, HM seems to be a great defender of her daughter-in-law. Again, I think much of the reason HM adores Sophie is because she has made Edward very happy.

What about Charles using his own sons to promote Camilla and as a result erode his own sons' popularity? What about CHarles confessing that he committed adultery and never loved the mother of his sons and his parents "forcing" him to marry Diana and other whinging airing dirty linen in public. And who caused the strain of the broken down marriage: Charles and his mistress of course.

Considering that her choices are Sophie and Camilla it's a no brainer for the Queen

Diedera

Of course she prefers Sophie.  I rather imagine it is difficult to warm up to the other one's Reptilian personality. :rolleyes:
:snowflake:

heather

Quote from: Countessa on December 29, 2007, 05:45:43 PM
I'm not sure the Queen even considers Camz a daughter-in-law. I really think she despises the woman for what she thinks she did to her family. At best the British monarchy has 66% approval where as Dutch and Danish monarchies have 80% to 90% approval. C&C are just not popular and could very well end the monarchy. 66% could become 40% and then the republicans would have their way.

I am in total agreement Countessa. :thumbsup:

fawbert

I couldn't disagree more. Nonsense, utter nonsense. :shrug:
Fawbert

heather

Would you call it "Daft" Fawbs?   :teehee:

Countessa

Quote from: sandy on December 29, 2007, 06:35:49 PM
What about Charles using his own sons to promote Camilla and as a result erode his own sons' popularity? What about CHarles confessing that he committed adultery and never loved the mother of his sons and his parents "forcing" him to marry Diana and other whinging airing dirty linen in public. And who caused the strain of the broken down marriage: Charles and his mistress of course.

Considering that her choices are Sophie and Camilla it's a no brainer for the Queen
I'm not a fan of Charles and Camilla but his wrongs apparently didn't make HM warm and fuzzy toward her late daughter-in-law for her own behavior. What's the big deal? If the Queen favors Sophie then she favors Sophie. What's the offense? Diana wasn't loved by everyone. She wasn't admired by everyone. That's life.

sandy

Charles and Camilla and their circle didn't admire Diana that's for sure. Camilla was counting on Diana not to rock the boat and be a new Princess Alexandra looking the other way. HM kept her head in the sand when it came to her son-she was warned years earlier that Charles was bedding Camilla. I think the Queen Mum's Edwardian upbringing influenced the Queen that while Charles keeping a mistress was wrong the wife shouldn't put up a fuss. In their eyes that was Diana's "crime." 

I do think Diana had more admirers than Camilla. And Sophie is more admired also.

fawbert

Quote from: Countessa on December 29, 2007, 05:45:43 PM
I'm not sure the Queen even considers Camz a daughter-in-law. I really think she despises the woman

The Queen doesn't despise anybody. It isn't in her make-up. It was clear in the words she used in Apr 2005 after the wedding of Charles and Camilla that HM was delighted that the thorny situation had been resolved and Charles had finally got the bride of his choice without revolt on the streets.

Fawbert

heather

HM The Queen is a long suffering woman.

Revolt is a very appropriate choice of word there Fawbs. :thumbsup:

Many of us felt revolted, but we stayed home and didn't watch our televisions.

The crowds stayed away in droves. :teehee:  and have continued to do so. :D

sandy

Charles actually could have married the "bride of his choice" when she was Camilla Shand. He saw her as mistress material and didn't marry her. He didn't even vet her as a bride of choice back then.

Diana was Charles' bride of choice. Despite Charles' whinging NOBODY forced him to marry Diana. He wanted heirs from a Suitable Girl from an aristocratic family and Diana was his choice. Camilla even helped pick her out.

heather

Charles could have married Camilla, she could have divorced her husband, and Charles could have stepped back from the throne to be with the woman he loved.

But NO, he had to have an heir and a spare, and keep his place in line to the throne.

A young naive girl suited his purpose well, Camilla vetted her, Charles wed her, and the rest is very sad history.

"When someone shows you who he is the first time....believe him".

Maya Angelou