Lord Frederick Windsor engaged

Started by Alexandra123, February 15, 2009, 03:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

porsche

Quote from: lilibet80 on March 16, 2009, 06:50:30 PM
Quote from: princessoctavia on March 16, 2009, 04:22:25 PM
I am surprised hes marrying a jewish girl considering his maternal grandfather was a nazis.

I was surprised too, although not because his maternal grandfather was a Nazi.  I was just surprised.  As I understand it, Princess Michael's parents were divorced and she was brought up in Australia.  I believe she found out about her father's position within the Third Reich when she was an adult.  As far as Jewish people in the Royal Family, Princess Anne's husband, Tim Lawrence is a direct descendent of Zaccariah Levi, a Jew from Venice.  Antony Armstrong Jones' mother's family was of the Messels, a prominent German Jewish family.  If what is being said about Prince Albert is true, then the whole family in the male line is half Jewish.  What is the difference, as long as the couple are right for each other and are happy, I certainly wish them well.

Prince Albert family was German, cos his playboy father had more brothers and one was the youngest and the most ambit. and financ.intelligent - Leopold.He and his son Leopold II were the smartest financ.in Europe and very rich, from Africa, trade, factories, investments.Prince Albert was industrialist as well.Something,what Marie Christine missed with her interior design company, but she suits into artie background of RF as well as young actress with her publisher father etc.Look on Tony...artie, Lawrence - army.

lilibet80

Quote from: porsche on March 16, 2009, 11:56:19 PM
Quote from: lilibet80 on March 16, 2009, 06:50:30 PM
Quote from: princessoctavia on March 16, 2009, 04:22:25 PM
I am surprised hes marrying a jewish girl considering his maternal grandfather was a nazis.

I was surprised too, although not because his maternal grandfather was a Nazi.  I was just surprised.  As I understand it, Princess Michael's parents were divorced and she was brought up in Australia.  I believe she found out about her father's position within the Third Reich when she was an adult.  As far as Jewish people in the Royal Family, Princess Anne's husband, Tim Lawrence is a direct descendent of Zaccariah Levi, a Jew from Venice.  Antony Armstrong Jones' mother's family was of the Messels, a prominent German Jewish family.  If what is being said about Prince Albert is true, then the whole family in the male line is half Jewish.  What is the difference, as long as the couple are right for each other and are happy, I certainly wish them well.

Prince Albert family was German, cos his playboy father had more brothers and one was the youngest and the most ambit. and financ.intelligent - Leopold.He and his son Leopold II were the smartest financ.in Europe and very rich, from Africa, trade, factories, investments.Prince Albert was industrialist as well.Something,what Marie Christine missed with her interior design company, but she suits into artie background of RF as well as young actress with her publisher father etc.Look on Tony...artie, Lawrence - army.

I am sorry, but I do not understand your point.

killerqueen

Hm? IsnĀ“t the whole British royal family German? A mix of the German Houses Gotha zu Sachsen Coburg and Battenberg (now Mountbatten)?

fawbert

The direct male line of Elizabeth II is of course Saxe-Coburg. In the next reign the direct male line of King Charles will be Danish, viz - - - -> Charles - - - >Philip - - ->Andrew - - ->George--->  Kings of Denmark, &c.

The Royal House has its share of German blood but let's not forget that Queen Elizabeth II has the blood of Plantagenet, Tudor & Stuart too.

Fawbert

angieuk

Do we have a date for this wedding yet I understand to be in September 2009.  Princess Michael has been interviewed in Hello magazine.

porsche

Well, Lilibeth, what I said, was about similar things what can attracked together Frederick and his fiancee,who comes OK, from Jewish family, but her father is publisher.I may agree, House of Windsor is mainly German and Queen's kids twice more, called it not Saxe Coburg Gotha or Battenberg but Windsor and Mountbatten.I think, you marry or you date people, who are your equals or people who have similarities with your parents, family patterns and hobbies and interests as well.Prince and Princess Michael of Kent are people loving arts, books.I wanted to tell, it doesn't matter, what nationality today, past clashes German - Jewish or I don't know, Native American and white American from some European stock, but that Federick found probably some relax, love, passion, understanding, similar point of views on their life, in the right time, he feels secure and relaxed with her and they share artictic interests.How it was in one article - she captured him not only with her beauty, but also with her intelect.Sorry, I don't know, where I read it, but I think, it was Hello.

angieuk

Princess Michael of Kent confirmed in this week's Hello Magazine that the wedding is to be in September this year and the date and venue will be announced shortly.

Jenee

Telegraph- A revealing tale of two faiths

QuoteSophie Winkleman is best known for playing a princess in the ITV drama The Palace and for appearing topless in Love Live Long, but Lord Frederick Windsor, whom she is due to marry in September, is attracted by her other qualities.
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

kahleigh

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23670857-details/Lord+Freddie%27s+fianc+e+to+rule+American+TV+before+royal+wedding/article.do
She's landed a role in an american tv series touted '100 Questions for Charlotte Payne'  as 'a cross between Sex and the city and Friends'

Jenee

Credit crunch wedding for Lord Freddie as Princess Pushy tries to cut costs

While the stuff in the article still seems a bit lavish, asking friends for favors in planning a wedding is good thinking.
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

heather

Since Camilla was accepted into the RF , the bar has been lowered, so much so, a stripper can get in.

This young lady is just an actress, don't see what the fuss is about, she is hardly likely to be Queen Consort is she?