Kitty Spencer thread: all articles, pictures and chat

Started by Mariana Pazza, November 27, 2008, 12:11:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kahleigh

Thanks Allie!  :kiss2: Did you enjoy your holiday?

Georgiana

cherryite # 009
GIFSoup

Orchid

I do wonder, if these weren't the daughters of an Earl, would they still be considered as beautiful or would they be seen in more of a trashy, "playboy" style? Artistocratic connections seems to do wonders for glossing over the unseemly imo.
"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things."
-Winston Churchil

Allie

Quote from: kahleigh on August 10, 2009, 04:51:24 AM
Thanks Allie!  :kiss2: Did you enjoy your holiday?
You're welcome! And yes I did - thanks for asking!

Quote from: Orchid on August 10, 2009, 02:34:30 PM
I do wonder, if these weren't the daughters of an Earl, would they still be considered as beautiful or would they be seen in more of a trashy, "playboy" style?

I still totally think they are trashy despite who their relatives are. I still like them though.

drezzle

Haha, as they say, what is one person's trash is an others' treasure.   :blush:
If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us.

Hale

Quote from: Orchid on August 10, 2009, 02:34:30 PM
I do wonder, if these weren't the daughters of an Earl, would they still be considered as beautiful or would they be seen in more of a trashy, "playboy" style? Artistocratic connections seems to do wonders for glossing over the unseemly imo.

:thumbsup:  Good post.

Mariana Pazza

Quote from: jmax on August 10, 2009, 03:41:53 AM
Quote from: kahleigh on August 09, 2009, 08:33:37 PM
This article talks about how Kitty saying her ex-stepmother was "an awful woman... I'm glad he's divorcing her" was a very Spencer comment:
http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/a-flighty-earl-and-his-women-1855301.html

Hasn't this point been made numerous times before about the Earl?  :sigh: Why write this article? Same old, same old... :sowhat:

Why is it surprising that a daughter would support her dad over a step-mom?  Even if she's wrong, he's her dad.  I know she should support her younger sister and brother, but if she's only in England four weeks of the year, she may not really know them.  Right or wrong, they may seem more like rivals for her dad' love than siblings she has deep feelings for. 

Her statements seem natural if unkind.
Well, the apple never falls too distant from the tree, Diana said once she pushed her stepmother down the stairs... I think Kitty's personality has much in common with Diana, they were/are very jelous of those they love... Maybe in a sick way... Well, maybe her stepmother had been mistreated her (very commom), and as she's not hypocrital, she told what she was feeling, usually teenagers are very outspoken, but the age become then more "civilized", eh.
Sadly, I´m affraid that these similarities shared by Kitty and Diana can bring disaster on Kitty as happened to her aunt, I hope the Earl know how to handle this "Diana Jr", I've been reading Charles S. doesn't want Kitty living in London for the excess of attention media has given to her (for protecting her ?)
ALLIE, KAHLEIGH, you're awesome, you've making this thread very interesting with the articles, pics, and all, THANK YOU SOOO MUCH !!! :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:
Well, I think some people have been shocked with the dressing and the atitudes of the Spencer girls because of cultural differences. In fact, very different worlds shock themseves here, americans and brits are far more stricts (even puritans) in dressing and behavior than countries as Brazil (where I live) and South Africa (where Kitty Spencer lives). The Spencer girls seems to live an eternal summer, wearing tiny clothes which permit one see practically all their bodies. I'ts common in beach cities as Cape Town or Rio de Janeiro where people go regularly to beach and where it's terribly hot. Believe me, tropical heat is not easy to stand!!!

Orchid

^ You have a good point, Mariana, about the effects of cultural differences and the way in which people dress according to their environment.
We Brits, for example, only show the skin on our faces. Short of wearing a burka, our skins barely see the light of day through all the woolly layers to protect from the wind and rain. I suppose we're just a jealous bunch when we see people enjoying the fine weather and relaxed cultural dress codes like the Spencer girls.
"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things."
-Winston Churchil

Mariana Pazza

Well, Orchid, in other side we that live in tropical countries admire the discreet and charming way of being of brits and americans, I think every culture has its enchants and bad things, I personally think that all brits are someway aristocrats. Of course exageration on way of dressing is vulgar, but teenagers as the Spencer girls like to shocking...

Hale

Fair point about the cultural differences.  I have noticed that there is a similarity between Chelsy and the Spencer girls.  So I gues this is a South African thing.  Orchid is right, it is the British climate which makes us conservative.

maddie

Young girls here in the states leave little to the imagination as well.Unfortunately, my 17 year old nieces facebook pics and myspace look very similar to the spencer girls. I think they behave like most young teenage girls today.

brittanylala

^ Thats what I've said. As long as the Spencer's are in their teens we can't really complain as trashiness is a universal thing for their age.

I also can't knock them as I would be a hypocrite. When I was 18 years old I wasn't exactly the classiest young woman! :laugh:

Georgiana

Good for her wanting to make a proper career for herself in journalism
cherryite # 009
GIFSoup

Satrine

It's nice to see that the Spencer girls hang out with people from different ethnic backgrounds, not prejudice.  :doublewave:
"OUR LIVES BEGIN TO END THE DAY WE BECOME SILENT ABOUT THINGS THAT MATTER"

-MARTIN LUTHER KING

kahleigh

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/123853/The-It-girl-making-the-Spencers-glamorous
This is quite an interesting article about Kitty, here is some of the most interesting parts:
QuoteWITH her striking blonde tresses, demure smile and heavy eyeliner, Lady Kitty Spencer bears more than a passing resemblance to Princess Diana and, just like her late aunt, she is a girl who knows how to get noticed.

The 18-year-old's recent explosion on to the London social scene has been anything but subtle. First came the Tatler cover story: "Princess Diana's niece speaks out for the first time". Then a plunge-neck dress guaranteed maximum exposure at last month's Serpentine Summer Party. f that wasn't enough , accompanying her father Earl Spencer, 44, to the most eagerly awaited divorce hearing in recent memory certainly had the flashbulbs on overdrive.
If last month's appearance at the High Court was intended to shock, it was nothing compared to what Kitty is reported to have then said about her stepmother Caroline, 41, Spencer's second wife: "She's an awful woman; I'm glad he's divorcing her."
Not terribly becoming but you hardly need to look far to see where such an uncompromising streak comes from. After all, who could forget Charles's vitriolic anti-press, anti-monarchy eulogy at his sister's funeral?

Friends say such hurtful remarks are completely out of character for Kitty, who always got on well with her stepmother and was said to be devastated in 2007 when her father walked out on Caroline leaving Kitty's half-siblings Ned, five, and Lara, three, behind.

Such is the calibre of the students who go to Reddam that Kitty's one indiscretion, which resulted in her being suspended for several days in her final year, was for drinking champagne. According to another friend, one of the reasons for Kitty's move to London was to escape the storm surrounding her mother's divorce from second husband Jonathan Aitken which, like her first, has turned nasty. But is Kitty's father proving to be a bad influence?

"People were very surprised to see Kitty at the High Court with Charles," said the friend. "They've never had a particularly good relationship. In fact, not that long ago she was refusing to speak to him because he threatened to take her boyfriend Jasper to court after he wrote off her car.

"I wouldn't put it past Charles to have dragged Kitty along as a strategic move. He wants to show the court that he's a responsible father; Caroline has a very strong case because he walked out on her four months after she'd given birth, for another woman."

brittanylala

I wonder if it's true about Kitty wanting to study at UCL? The new academic year starts in a couple of a weeks...I wonder if it was just tabloid gossip.

jmax

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/123853/The-It-girl-making-the-Spencers-glamorous

A lot of this article is inaccurate on basic facts (the Earl owns 14,000 acres according to his own website, it was Katya that got lost, Kitty went to high court in June, etc.) so I kinda wonder whether anything else is true.

Besides, Victoria Lockwood's been quoted as saying she feels no bitterness towards the Earl (probably why her kids are so grounded).

Quote"I have no horrible feelings left for anyone at all and I don't feel any bitterness," she tells Hello! magazine. "I have no regrets. I feel my journey has been the journey I was meant to have." Her relationship with Charles, who recently married Caroline, the former wife of PR guru Matthew Freud, now revolves entirely around their children.

http://www.vogue.co.uk/news/daily/2002-07/020724-countess-of-calm.aspx

That makes the idea of staying in SA to "punish Charles" seem unlikely. It's seems more likely that she decided to stay because she had privacy.

I'm taking this with a few grains of salt.

Mariana Pazza

Right, jmax!
I think Kitty can atract media attention easily, as her aunt (but she needs to take care about it, or this kind of "playing with fire" can turn against her, as many times happened to her aunt)... If a taxi takes her to a wrong place, or she dresses a daring dress in a London top party, or if she declares she doesn't want to be a geek, or she wants to be a kind of "Carrie Bradshaw" (??!! eh, eh..), or if she declares her former stepmother is an awful witch (all these things are sooo childish, but adorable!), all these silly childish things (proper to a quite spoilt 18 yrs girl) turn into headlines in the gossipy british tabloids, and the girl who has been lived most of her life in the wild beaches of Africa turns in the talk of the city in the probably most elitist, sophisticated and pretentious cities of the world: London... Well, I'm not surprised her father doesn't want her in London, and I'm almost sure he'll prevent her of living there, as so much pressure of media attention can harm someone so young and quite imature as Kitty...

jmax

Mariana,

Yeah, reading stuff like this makes me understand why he'd want her to keep a low profile.  What's she supposed to do?  Reject her own flesh and blood or face ridicule in the British press?  Has either the Earl or Kitty really ever done anything bad enough to warrant that?  He divorced his wives.  So what...men do.  So do women for that matter.   :whoopdeedoo:  He's hardly got the worst marriage record in the UK.  You wonder why the British public doesn't get tired of reading the same stuff over and over. :sowhat:  

British tabloid reporters are jerks.  Poor kid! :(

Mariana Pazza

jmax, I think british stabilishment (don't know exactly how to write this word...) will always throw stones in Spencer family because Diana and Charles Spencer (each one in their way) threw stones in the "venerable" :whoopdeedoo: Windsor family !!! Brother and sister exposed RF to ridiculous many times, so Spencer family is the unforgiven.
  In other side, I think if Kitty would live in London, she could get a man in her standars, not a ridiculous surfer who destroyed her car...

jmax

Mariana,
I don't think it's the Royal family the writer is defending.  The British press doesn't really seem to be that much kinder to royals, although I suppose there's a limit to just how much criticism of them the public will accept.

I think this quote really sums up what's behind the attack on him at least...

QuoteNot terribly becoming but you hardly need to look far to see where such an uncompromising streak comes from. After all, who could forget Charles's vitriolic anti-press, anti-monarchy eulogy at his sister's funeral?

It has that faint air of "do not cross us, we never forgive".  :epunch:  Like I say, I can certainly understand if he wants her to stay away.

Mariana Pazza

http://diana-remembered.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!2244878A8C9B75DA!6421.entry
Kitty Spencer will be at a ball in Paris which is one of the highlights of Europe's high society callendar ! I've read about this ball, girls like Charlotte Casiraghi and the Bush girls, as the daughters of european aristocracy use to attend this event. So snobbish! No doubt Kitty has entered in a world very sophisticated, hope she can handle this  :paparazzi:!!!
http://tonight.co.za/index.php?fArticleId=5211516&fSectionId=354&fSetId=251

WOW