Duchess of Cambridge - Malta Visit

Started by cinrit, July 06, 2014, 01:12:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eri

Willy going instead of his wife would make more sense than Harry ...

TLLK

Makes sense for William but if his training begins I could see his brother, uncles, or aunt being a great replacement.

angieuk

Round about 5th August 2014, Robert Jobson of the Evening Standard said that he did not believe the pregnancy rumours, as the Duchess was going to Malta in September, and he did not believe the trip would happen if she was pregnant.  No mention was made of the HG condition.  He just said that a pregnant Kate would not be able to go, thereby dismissing the pregnancy rumours, as she was going to go.

Now a pregnancy has been announced, it appears Robert Jobson may still be right.  I doubt an announcement tomorrow morning, Wednesday, 17 September, will confirm she is going to Malta.   

Again, I think its going to be Prince Andrew!

Canuck

I do think it's likely that Kate will not be able to go.  Very unfortunate to have to miss this trip, but even if she's started to feel better I don't think they'll want to risk her getting ill again while there or having to skip some of the events.  Better for everyone I think if a replacement is sent. 

Lady Adams

We should know on Wednesday if Kate is well enough to go to Malta. If she is not, who do you think the British Family will send? Leave your vote!

Does it differ from who you would like to see sent? Leave a comment!
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

Lady Adams

[mod] For a little fun: we should know on Wednesday if Kate is well enough to go to Malta. If she is not, who do you think the British Family will send? Leave your vote in this new poll. :computer: [/mod]
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

Limabeany

It should be William but since William and Kate/BRF seems to think they should be scarce to seem more valuable, they could send Harry.
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

duchesschicana

I know the replacement won't be Princess Beatrice if kate indeed decides not to go, but I think Princess Beatrice will be a good replacement/representative of the British Monarchy for the Malta Tour.. She did a great job during the Germany and Isle of Wight tours. She’s respective and empathic towards others from what I heard people say about her during her charity events. The Malta tour seems like simple events to accomplish nothing too hard. Princess Beatrice can easily accomplish the Malta tour. .  Only a suggestion on my part, for all I know kate could accomplish the Malta tour. I know most likely they’d send someone else of higher ranking like Prince William etc. Just thought it’d be a nice chance for Bea.
Bea for Malta Pic: https://hrhprincessbeatriceblog.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/freevector-badge.jpg

Lady Adams

^^ I think you should make the "Bea for Malta" your profile pic!

Sandor

Maybe they'll send the last-resort royals, Edward and Sophie.   :wellduh:

Canuck

Edward and Sophie are in Canada and I don't think they will be back in time.

robynrose

Think it will be William . He has been hunting in Scotland ( went last Thursday ) Don't know how long he was there . Will can go and say how much Kate wanted to go . 10 engagements but close together  Just Hello to 3 different people is 3 . I think she would want to go on one hand and if she does not can not do anything for even longer

TLLK

Went with the safe choice and voted for William.

Lady Adams

^ Wasn't William supposed to be training? That was originally what described why he couldn't go with Kate.

Jenee

Yeah I think it would make sense for William to go in per place although i would like to see Bea get the job.
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

Curryong

Quote from: Lady Adams on September 16, 2014, 11:56:23 PM
^ Wasn't William supposed to be training? That was originally what described why he couldn't go with Kate.

He is training at Balmoral, training himself (as he does every year) to blow game birds out of the sky!

sandy

Isn't William supposed to be doing ambulance copter flying? And with all the articles about how sick Kate is, it would not look very nice for him to leave her while he travels to Malta.

Canuck

One if the Royal reporters said he is currently doing the theory training for his helicopter course.  I assume that can be adjusted to his schedule somewhat and certainly wouldn't interfere with weekends.

In All I Do

To be fair, "William isn't going because he's expected to have started his new job" was press speculation and doesn't appear (so far as I can tell) to have come from the palace itself.

Lady Adams

^It's also logical. The palace said William was starting training in September. Kate was going to Malta alone in Sept.
Logic says it is due to William's training schedule.  :shrug:

Limabeany

He arrived for his training a few weeks late last time, so...  :shrug:
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Lothwen

I think it should be William.  In fact, this tour should have been William and Kate, and William should have been told that he wasn't going to be allowed to put off being a more productive member of the Firm. 

However, I'd rather see Harry go instead, just because we've seen that he takes his duties as a royal seriously, while at the same time, not taking himself seriously, if that makes any sense
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

Limabeany

angieuk

Were there any other engagements for Kate, after the Malta trip?

Double post auto-merged: September 17, 2014, 10:22:45 AM

I assume whoever is going will have to be ready to fly out on Friday.

No news from Clarence House, as yet!  Is Kate in Bucklebury now?

Double post auto-merged: September 17, 2014, 01:18:26 PM

I'm sure I am probably in the minority, but I think Malta are being treated rather shabbily by Clarence House at still having to wait with still no decision at this late stage.