Why won't press watchdog bite over royal rehab con

Started by e-ccentriceventer, November 02, 2003, 04:29:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

e-ccentriceventer

Editing.  The link's posted a few posts below but I'll put it in here also.

here's the article
Polo. Everything else is just a sport!

Let other people play other things... the king of sports is still the sport of kings!

A polo handicap is a man's ticket to the world. ~Wintson Churchill

Sapphire,That Touch of Mink

And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
Or the moment of truth in your lies
When everything feels like the movies
Yeah, you bleed just to know you're alive
-Iris

e-ccentriceventer

Let other people play other things... the king of sports is still the sport of kings!

PrincessPreppy

You can not post the text of any article here Dont worry we are not mad but someone is going to edit ur post
Harryite #0035

Sapphire,That Touch of Mink

Quoteshould i always post links? sorry if i should have :)

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/business/st...1075718,00.html
Yeah, we're not allowed to post articles or pics, just the links. I'm going to edit your first post.
And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
Or the moment of truth in your lies
When everything feels like the movies
Yeah, you bleed just to know you're alive
-Iris

princesscharmingolas

hey welcome to the forum, e-ccentriceventer! (is there something shorter we can call you? It's a bit long to type...I'm just a lazy bum.)
Charmee.[/font]

e-ccentriceventer

e-ccentriceventer

when this first happened, along with the statements from the queen and PM, eton realesed one that said "we would expect parents to deal with it, as was done in this case, when incidents took place away from teh school at the beginning of the summer holidays....."

makes me wonder......

pixie

If it happened over the school year, than that's big news.  Supposedly they already bent the rules a little by letting someone with his grades specialize, but if people found out that the school knew he did pot over the year and did nothing, while they routinely kick other kids out, it could definitely turn into a scandal.

Although, to be fair, him smoking up in and of itself, even during the term, isn't a big deal.  Many Eton boys do, and only a very small percentage (if any) get caught each year.  I'd guess, especially because he was decently popular there, that him doing pot there wouldn't be so abnormal.  It wouldn't even move into gossip territory unless he got caught by the school and they chose not to kick him out.
We always take a great deal of interest in American initiatives that are implicitly religious; we view them as an exotic quirk, like French presidents and their mistresses, or Austrians and their fascists.
-Zoe Williams

e-ccentriceventer

what i really wonder is, who knew what, like what parts got spun. he "supposedly" had his weekend passes limited and the statement said people are "counselled" and "warned" but of course dont comment on indivual people.....but like i said in the beginning, i wonder if the people who realised statements knew what really happened or not. and as someone also said, i would think it would be bigger if buckhouse helped them to realese a lie, or if SJP lied to buckingham, because if it got a lot of press, people would speculate on everything they realesed lol

ps..... if some things show up twice, its because the whole thing dissapared and i re-typed it differently lol

willwindsor62182

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Agent Smith: Why, Mr. Anderson? Why do you do it? Why get up? Why keep fighting? Do you believe you're fighting for something? For more that your survival? Can you tell me what it is? Do you even know? Is it freedom?