Team Sussex: The Sussex Family General Chat Part 1

Started by Blue Clover, May 24, 2023, 11:11:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Meghan went to another one of Beyonce's shows recently. This time Prince Harry didn't accompany her.

Is Meghan's Hollywood comeback complete? Duchess poses up a storm with Kerry Washington and Kelly Rowland at Beyonc? concert in photos snapped by

QuoteMeghan Markle was photographed at a Beyonc? concert in Los Angeles last night with actress Kerry Washington and singer Kelly Rowland as her relaunch continues.

The Duchess of Sussex was pictured by Kevin Mazur, one of the world's top celebrity photographers who has worked with Kim Kardashian, David Bowie and Madonna.

Meghan was present at SoFi Stadium for the third of three dates by Beyonc? on her  Renaissance world tour. She was also at the first gig last Friday with Prince Harry.

changemhysoul

Yep! She's already met both Kerry and Kelly so it was a re-meeting of sorts. It was also for the #BDAY concert, celebrating Beyonce's birthday and Meghan has been a huge fan. She was in a closer section with Tyler Perry...so she probs went ten times harder having fun

Curryong

There are reports that Eugenie and Beatrice accompanied Harry when he visited St George?s Chapel to pay his respects to the late Queen while he was in Britain.

Prince Harry Reportedly Mourned the Late Queen Elizabeth Alongside Two Other Members of the Royal Family | Marie Claire

wannable

Quote from: TLLK on September 05, 2023, 01:02:59 PM
Meghan went to another one of Beyonce's shows recently. This time Prince Harry didn't accompany her.

Is Meghan's Hollywood comeback complete? Duchess poses up a storm with Kerry Washington and Kelly Rowland at Beyonc? concert in photos snapped by

Friendship or work - it's Hollywood, meaning the IT thing to do is take pictures with other famous celebrities.  Meghan is a 'go getter', which IMO means she will try and do her best with all the opportunities WME or herself find. Thumbs up to that for real.

^ I say this because new cellphone short videos and pictures have surfaced, from her second outing, the celeb front box/right infront of the Beyonce stage there is a waiting line to take pictures with Kerry and Kelly and another line to take pictures with the Kardashians.  Meghan was making the line to take a picture with Kerry and Kelly, after the picture she moved on.

TLLK

TLLK

The Sussexes along with many of their Santa Barbara Co. residents attended Kevin Costner's One805 fundraising event for local first responders.

Meghan Markle, Prince Harry, Oprah Attend Kevin Costner's California Fundraiser

QuoteMeghan Markle and Prince Harry were among the big names who joined Kevin Costner at a One805 charity fundraiser in Santa Barbara, California, on Friday.

The actor hosted the One805LIVE! Fall 2023 fundraiser ? which was held in support of the first responder community and headlined by band Maroon 5 ? at his 1.4-acre beachfront estate, days after he and estranged wife Christine reached a settlement in their divorce.

Christine, 49, was not seen in attendance at the event, though her name is listed alongside Kevin's as hosts of the fundraiser on the charity's website, which detailed that the event would "take place on the oceanside estate of Kevin and Christine Costner."

One805 provides financial aid and mental health support to first responders, and in a video posted by the charity on Instagram, Kevin, who is also an ambassador of One805, appeared onstage with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex as they presented him with an award at the fundraiser.

Nightowl

Yes, in looking at the pictures of Meghan standing on one side of KC with Harry at her side, she was beaming with joy because she is finally in the right place she wants to be in her life and that  is  for sure not with any royals of the BRF either......best of luck to her and hope she stays right there with Hollywood and forgets the BRF for good. She got her title and tons of money........so she has fulfilled her dreams, well most of them anyway...yes you can guess it, I do not like Meghan as I saw right through her on her engagement day.

Curryong

And, an interesting moment on the US Andy Cohen Show over in the US when one of the most well known and beloved British TV stars, Graham Norton, was over in the States recently.

He was asked about the feeling in the local UK population about Harry and Meghan. Just take note of what he says, which actually echoes what I have heard constantly from my large extended family and many old friends over there in Britain.

Harry, Meghan?s bad press has been a ?gift? to ?deified? William, Kate: Graham Norton - YouTube

Nightowl

I don't think for one second that Meghan cares about bad press (good or bad press, either way she is in the news as that keeps her out there for all to see), she got what she wanted in life growing up in TV land with her dad, seeing how the rich and famous lived in Ca and she has achieved that by marrying a weak prince with some money and a title.  Take a long good look at her smile at the KC event in Ca, with all those Hollywood stars.....absolutely NOTHING is going to stand in her way of being accepted and living there....that was and still is her goal in life and boy she got it. She will always be the Duchess of Essex's and use that title till the end of time...this is one woman who does absolutely nothing by chance.....Charles was right about her, she is tough as steel. Warm Hearted .........when pink pigs fly by..LOL.

wannable

Any fundraiser for emergency services is good in my books - even when the host throws shade and does some gaslighting.  Some of the USD 12K per person are undesirable, but saying it out loud  :lol:

Hollyweird for them and the poor firefighters that have to take this/depend on these people for their own wellbeing and livelihood. Meanwhile Oprah is being roasted for Maui.

TLLK

Quote from: Nightowl on September 25, 2023, 07:02:18 AM
I don't think for one second that Meghan cares about bad press (good or bad press, either way she is in the news as that keeps her out there for all to see), she got what she wanted in life growing up in TV land with her dad, seeing how the rich and famous lived in Ca and she has achieved that by marrying a weak prince with some money and a title.  Take a long good look at her smile at the KC event in Ca, with all those Hollywood stars.....absolutely NOTHING is going to stand in her way of being accepted and living there....that was and still is her goal in life and boy she got it. She will always be the Duchess of Essex's and use that title till the end of time...this is one woman who does absolutely nothing by chance.....Charles was right about her, she is tough as steel. Warm Hearted .........when pink pigs fly by..LOL.

I understand that most of the celebrities who were present are  clients of WME- William Morris Endeavor PR firm. The PR firm played a role in organizing and of course would be there to promote the event.
BTW it's name ONE805LIVE comes from the Central Coast telephone area code that covers Oxnard, Ventura, Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo raising money for its first responders.

TLLK

The Sussexes were spotted on vacation recently, their children did not accompany them.

EXCLUSIVE: Harry and Meghan are seen strolling hand-in-hand on a romantic holiday on uber posh Canouan Island in the Grenadines | Daily Mail Online

QuoteStrolling hand-in-hand along the paved promenade next to a sun-splashed marina, they could be any young couple enjoying a Caribbean vacation.

But this romantic pair is the Duke and Duchess of Sussex who, DailyMail.com can exclusively reveal, have jetted to the tiny island of Canouan in St Vincent and the Grenadines following a week spent promoting mental health projects in New York.

sara8150

Curryong

Doria is there to look after the two grandchildren and there may be a temporary nanny for Lili as well. Archie would be in kindergarten by now as he is nearly five, the age when most children in the US start. Here in Australia it?s a prep level to get children used to school routines. ?Preppies? usually enjoy the process. Harry and Meghan are probably back home by now, having had a few days alone together as a couple.

TLLK

Quote from: sara8150 on October 15, 2023, 09:46:21 PM
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's secret luxury Carribbean getaway | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Prince Harry and Meghan 'affectionate' with each other on lavish holiday without kids - Mirror Online
I can?t believe Harry and Meghan going alone two of them without kids who watch the kids but Harry and Meghan have no excuse for that

As @Curryong pointed out, the children will have trusted caregivers to watch them. Their parents were in Europe a few weeks ago, so it's not like this is the first time that Archie and Lilibet have been taken care of by caregivers.

wannable

It's good that parents take a me holiday from children once or twice a year.

I read the criticism - comments about this second me holiday (Portugal after Invictus, Canouan after NYC), most are bite back comments using both Meghan and Harry's own comments about their respective parents and what not to do, which they are doing.

TLLK

The couple returned to the U.S. via private jet to Atlanta, GA.

EXCLUSIVE: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle seen arriving in Atlanta on private flight after spending weekend on the island of Canouan in the Grenadines

QuotePrince Harry and Meghan Markle were spotted after touching down in Atlanta days after jetting off for a romantic weekend getaway in the Caribbean, DailyMail.com can reveal. 

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex were seen flying into the city on a private flight on Monday as they returned from their brief holiday to the tiny island of Canouan in St Vincent and the Grenadines.

Exclusive DailyMail.com photos show the royal couple disembarking the plane and leaving the tarmac where they were greeted by staff and U.S. Customs and Border Patrol agents.

TLLK

Prince Harry was in Austin, Texas over the weekend to enjoy some Formula One racing.

The Standard

QuotePrince Harry was spotted enjoying the drama and a bit of time behind the scenes at the US Grand Prix.

The 39-year-old was in Austin, Texas, as a guest of the Mercedes and Red Bull teams at the major sporting event over the weekend.

At Mercedes, Prince Harry cut a pensive figure as he gnawed at his fingernails amid the building tension.

The Duke of Sussex has been something of a lucky charm for star driver Lewis Hamilton. He was a guest of Mercedes when Hamilton secured his second title in the 2014 season decider in Abu Dhabi, leading the congratulations to his fellow Briton on the radio.

Seven-time world champion Hamilton, who originally came second, was later disqualified after his car failed a post-race inspection. Not one to show favouritism, Prince Harry was also seen speaking with Red Bull team boss Christian Horner during the competition.

The Duke?s wife Meghan Markle, 42, was not in attendance. The pair have just returned from a romantic trip to Caribbean haven Canouan where they appeared to enjoy some child-free time away.

changemhysoul

I wouldn?t say Harry and Meghan are doing what they spoke of, of their parents.

Harry isn?t carting his kids around on tours for good press or sending him out to get his wife good press. Or exchanging stories for them in the media for good press a la Charles.

And Meghan isn?t handing over her kids letters, drawings and etc to papers that were outwardly racist and bullying them like her father.

And they?ve never spoken, as far as I can remember saying that trips away and etc is wrong. Or that parents shouldn?t do it, so I?m unsure about what the bite back might or if those people commenting live in reality.

But Harry and Meghan have never said you can?t spend some time away from kids. Meghan, rightfully was hurt that her dad didn?t just speak to the media but worked with tabloids that couldn?t wait to the tell the UK about how she was almost out of Compton or mentioning gangster royalty. 

And Harry doesn?t have a personal aid like Mark Bolland who admitted that instead of Charles standing by his sons side and standing up to News of The World instead allowed timelines to be fudged about Harry, stories lied about so Charles could get some good press. I would say though, if something were to even happen to Meghan while the kids are young, around their birthday and Harry sent them off to boarding school and then said they were going on a trip for it only be a tour?.then yeah, he?d be very much like Charles and people could bite back at him for doing what he said his father did.

Hmm, rather stark differences.

There was a Hello! podcast that was fine that I?m going to recap later.

Also, Byline Times released a report about The Monarchy, The Press and etc. So I?m going to come back and give my thoughts on that once I?m home from work but reading?.with family like that. And it confirmed a few things, one, Harry is way to nice and forgiving for those people for my taste. So is Meghan.

Two, I?m also glad it?s confirmed again that Harry, Meghan and Archie mattered less that Williams aid. So hopefully, that ?family? stick people keep trying to hit the Sussex?s with, will be put down because their family, was ready to through them under the buss at a moments notice.

Yeah, Meghan is way too nice as well because if we?re me, I wouldn?t be holding anything back after everything that happened.

TLLK

Please note that any future discussion related to any  journalist or British Royal Family staff members needs to take place in the threads linked below.

Royal Commentators, reporters and authors

Current and Former British Royal Staff members Part 2

wannable

I'm certain all the articles worldwide about Harry's F1 appearance missed the most important reason he was there, but alas gossip has more clicks.

Harry is not a working royal - he was commercially working for BetterUp, he managed to convince George Russell, the second driver of Team Mercedes Petronas to use BU. Lewis Hamilton, the principal driver of Team Mercedes Petronas has his own personal team from coach, physio, stylist, therapist - you name it.

He went with his BU boss, they both were trying very hard to get other drivers or full teams to join.  A full team is about 1500 employees on-site and combined with the factory. i.e. in UK two teams operate there - Red Bull Racing and Mercedes Petronas. i.e. in Italy Ferrari.   The first example - some articles got it right that Harry and his boss visited both teams.

In reference to the children - Harry does not have to train and ease his children to be public figures.  The comment section bite back had to do with the latest couple of holidays; Portugal and  Canouan Island without their children.  Anyway, IMO people are free to comment, Harry did the same in his book about W's children and their methodology of bringing them up, so each team have their defenders.

I'm a passionate F1 fan, I do not miss any race, practice, qualification...  :D  (this weekend F1 Mexico)

TLLK

@wannable-I had no idea that there would be that many employees on a full team. Wow 1, 500 is an incredible number. "Talledega Nights" (Yes I know that is NASCAR) is obviously not a good reference for information on racing.  :teehee:

As for Archie and Lilibet, no they currently do not need to be proficient in protocol or the expectations of appearing in public. Unlike Harry's cousins and their children/step-children, they reside in the U.S.A and there do not appear to be any plans in the near future for them to join in at public appearances ie Sandringham Christmas service or Trooping the Color.

wannable

By 2021, post pandemic Mercedes Petronas had 1200 employees, Red Bull Racing 1,000.

It all depends what each team does manufacture in their factory, RB is already developing their 'own' motor, hence increasing personnel. They are still using to date Honda, they also signed up with Ford. Each component of an F1 car is home-made or by 'partnering'. One would be amazed just the word 'developing' to date to goal of finish date could easily take from 2 to 3 years then keep on making it better and better, hence the competition, rules and regulations of weight, what can and can't be used.  F1 is also doing their best every year to make it 'environmentally friendly'. I say this because someone VIP public made a mistake stating it's not friendly referring Harry to environment - and said it angrily too. I think more research before opening the mouth is very important. As I said I do not miss not one practice, qualification, race. I read the best sources and resources so yeah.

Smaller teams have about 300 (2021 data) to 500 employees.

i.e. Alpine Team is based in France, they have as of the data 2021 like Red Bull then 1,000.

I follow 'more detailed inside news from the drivers to factory what is and what not' 1. Red Bull Racing as a Max Verstappen super fan and 2. Mercedes Petronas as a admirer of Lewis Hamilton and at large curiosity of George Russell - who pushes and challenges big bro Lewis.

TLLK