Archewell Foundation, Invictus and other charities, news and activities Part 4

Started by Macrobug67, January 23, 2023, 02:15:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

changemhysoul

Update for Team UK:

JJ Charmers (2014 Invictus Competitor was also a host for the The Hauge games) was the host of a brunch put on for the competitors!

https://twitter.com/PoppyLegion/status/1636762443757109254?cxt=HHwWjIC-namx-bYtAAAA

Also: 56 members of Team UK will be going to rep the UK in the IG23 Germany games

I chose this one because the little girl was a cute supporter! they were happy to have family and friends support them. The entire thread is linked, including some videos with those selected, some small interviews and etc. the minister of defense also put out a supporting tweet.

https://twitter.com/PoppyLegion/status/1636654001780301824

Curryong

The photo of the little girl and IG Brit competitors is cute! Good luck to them all, so long as it?s not against Aus! And excellent that the Ministry of Defence is supportive.

TLLK

Quote from: changemhysoul on March 17, 2023, 11:18:30 PM
Update for Team UK:

JJ Charmers (2014 Invictus Competitor was also a host for the The Hauge games) was the host of a brunch put on for the competitors!

https://twitter.com/PoppyLegion/status/1636762443757109254?cxt=HHwWjIC-namx-bYtAAAA

Also: 56 members of Team UK will be going to rep the UK in the IG23 Germany games

I chose this one because the little girl was a cute supporter! they were happy to have family and friends support them. The entire thread is linked, including some videos with those selected, some small interviews and etc. the minister of defense also put out a supporting tweet.

https://twitter.com/PoppyLegion/status/1636654001780301824

Great to see a former competitor like JJ there to host the team brunch and promote the Invictus Games.

Oh she's adorable! I wonder if she has a family member who is part of the IG team this year?

changemhysoul

I believe she is! They said she was their youngest supporter there at the time and that they loved having family and friends there to support them. So I'm guessing she's someone's little girl...maybe younger sister? But family.

And this is the photo I wanted to post, I couldn't find it before but it was on the IG Foundation Twitter.

It was just cute to me. If she is a family member, I hope she has a chance to enjoy the games at IG23

changemhysoul

Support video from the ministry of defense

https://twitter.com/DefenceHQ/status/1636794532841783304

Also,

Revealed: Team UK taking on this year's Invictus Games

This is a whole list of Team UK competitors, which sports they'll be as well as the reserves. I'll try to track for all teams but Team UK are the most active on their social media so they're easier finds! I'll be keeping an eye out for all though!

changemhysoul

https://twitter.com/WeAreInvictus/status/1637596072536166404

+

Today, Team Romania have finished selecting their competitors for Invictus.

https://twitter.com/WeAreInvictus/status/1637873990877192206

Less than 6 months to go.

TLLK

Excellent news! Good to see the teams are being formed in the participating nations.

changemhysoul

Invictus Roundup

Some fun 'trash' talk between IG23 & IG25

https://twitter.com/InvictusGames25/status/1638192067150053376

Invictus Volunteering Team Updates:

Introducing the volunteering team / Invictus Games

A post from the royal airforce about team uk

https://twitter.com/RoyalAirForce/status/1637076389202649088

IG23 twitter, quote tweeted fan, they have the trains decked out in invictus promo in germany #Aomeforrespect

https://twitter.com/InvictusGamesDE/status/1638912046904344580

An interview with a veteran: it's in german

https://twitter.com/bundeswehrInfo/status/1638877001510518787

Invictus Nigeria: Two team members were headed to the Colorado for the first time to get a taste of winter sports, skiing and snowboarding for the first time

https://twitter.com/invictusgamesNG/status/1638840968689643521

https://twitter.com/invictusgamesNG/status/1638848687194423296

https://twitter.com/invictusgamesNG/status/1638850872686915586

TLLK

Thank you for the update @changemhysoul. I'd forgotten that this IG would have winter sports too, so I'm glad that the Nigerian team is getting some experience on the slopes.

changemhysoul

Quote from: TLLK on March 23, 2023, 06:54:23 PM
Thank you for the update @changemhysoul. I'd forgotten that this IG would have winter sports too, so I'm glad that the Nigerian team is getting some experience on the slopes.

No problem but the winter sports IG will be IG25, I don't think IG23 (Germany) will have any winter sports officially.

Tbh, I don't know what the snow looks like in Germany, if they get a lot or not or how much in Sept. but I could see some events and etc being set up if they get a fair bit of snow.

TLLK

Quote from: changemhysoul on March 23, 2023, 07:17:01 PM
No problem but the winter sports IG will be IG25, I don't think IG23 (Germany) will have any winter sports officially.

Tbh, I don't know what the snow looks like in Germany, if they get a lot or not or how much in Sept. but I could see some events and etc being set up if they get a fair bit of snow.

Good because while I'm glad that Nigerian IG athletes are receiving some training in the snow, no way would they have been ready to compete in September for these games!

TLLK

Prince Harry makes surprise a appearance on Car SOS | Daily Mail Online

QuoteThe Duke of Sussex last night congratulated a disabled veteran saying he is 'the definition of inspiration' during a surprise appearance on a car renovation show.

Former Lance Corporal Stephan van Niekerk, 36, had his Jeep Grand Cherokee taken in for persistent mechanical problems on the National Geographic's Car SOS.

The former serviceman, from Taunton in Devon, joined 3rd Battalion, the Rifles, at the age of 21 before he was hit seven years later by an improvised explosive device.

After the vehicle restoration was shown to Mr Van Niekerk, Harry said in a video message: 'Stephan, congratulations. I hope at this point you're sitting in your brand new, or certainly what looks like a brand new Jeep.

'Good on you mate, well done, fully, fully, fully deserved. I can't think of anyone that deserves this more than you.'

wannable

Reduced to a small video message for a car show.

I suppose the good thing is the real Harry is this rather than the smoke and mirrors senior working royal he was in the past.

changemhysoul

Ah yes, sending a message of support to someone means you're being reduced.

That is very, wishful thinking.

A message of support to someone struggling, is a message of support someone struggling, try as you might to put it down.

The entire royal family is reduced to because they've also made support video messages. Unless you're implying that because the man is receiving his video support on a car show, he's also of low value. It's rather better that he isn't putting on airs and is showing that all people are valid and can use an up-lifting message, no matter in what form it came in.

He's a man who still program for vets -as the man he was speaking into the video- was that has grown, added at least three to four new nations, is expanding to his organization to include winter sports and said place is already looking for the next games host....planned past IG25.

Him being reduced is wishful thinking.

Also, please don't reduce Car S.O.S and the people who appear on it as 'just some show', as when taking a look at it and how they help people, they make a impact they make for people.

Good on Harry for touching Lance with his message and being willing to send a message of support, even if it's just a 'car show'

changemhysoul

wannable

Quote from: changemhysoul on March 24, 2023, 03:15:41 PM
Ah yes, sending a message of support to someone means you're being reduced.

That is very, wishful thinking.

A message of support to someone struggling, is a message of support someone struggling, try as you might to put it down.

The entire royal family is reduced to because they've also made support video messages. Unless you're implying that because the man is receiving his video support on a car show, he's also of low value. It's rather better that he isn't putting on airs and is showing that all people are valid and can use an up-lifting message, no matter in what form it came in.

He's a man who still program for vets -as the man he was speaking into the video- was that has grown, added at least three to four new nations, is expanding to his organization to include winter sports and said place is already looking for the next games host....planned past IG25.

Him being reduced is wishful thinking.

Also, please don't reduce Car S.O.S and the people who appear on it as 'just some show', as when taking a look at it and how they help people, they make a impact they make for people.

Good on Harry for touching Lance with his message and being willing to send a message of support, even if it's just a 'car show'

Maybe, something tells me he misses his old life, let's see if his mixed messages of hating to work (his words about working for the BRF which included charity visits, foreign travel with the FO which included visiting the poor and the liked) holds in the next few years.

TLLK

Quote from: wannable on March 24, 2023, 02:44:29 PM
Reduced to a small video message for a car show.

I suppose the good thing is the real Harry is this rather than the smoke and mirrors senior working royal he was in the past.

I don't see this as a reduction in his role. Even when he was a working royal, Harry participated in these types of video messages.

This is probably the most famous one.

Invictus Games 2016 fighting talk - YouTube

wannable

IF I were a member of Harry's team, I'd be doing the rounds with the best of the best 9 veteran charities in the USA to get Harry on board with at least 2 of them as a patron or ambassador. When one reads the ambassador  work of each of these charities, it keeps the person humble and 1 week trips up and down the country every 3 months to encourage, inaugurate, listen to vet stories, it's very similar to the BRF work he used to do.

Government recommendation, Independent recommendation, IRS recommendation, it's perfect for a public person like him.

Disabled American Veterans
Paralyzed Veterans of America
Homes For Our Troops
Operation First Response
Disabled Veterans National Foundation
Soldier's Angels
Military Warriors Support Foundation
Gary Sinise Foundation
Puppies Behind Bars

Quote from: wannable on March 24, 2023, 05:07:19 PM
It's a TV Car show....

100% of the benefactors receive their FIXED used car. 100% analysis is the FIXED car will last from 1-2 years, the benefactors didn't have the money then nor now. 100% of the viewers are mechanics college, mechanical engineers university, car lovers, 95% men.

At least the benefactor can drive it for the life expectancy of the fixed car (with old parts) so that is good. IF one can't maintain a car, it breaks down, get's fixed by a TV Car Show with old part donations, gives it to the benefactor, same situation....

IMO the OLD Harry had the charisma for i.e. when he visited the USA warrior games, he actually received a lot of knowledge and used it for the IG. The warrior games is associated with Miiltary Warriors Support Org in the list.

Amabel2

Quote from: TLLK on March 24, 2023, 04:54:45 PM
I don't see this as a reduction in his role. Even when he was a working royal, Harry participated in these types of video messages.

This is probably the most famous one.

Invictus Games 2016 fighting talk - YouTube
well at least its not a hollywood wedding

wannable

Allegedly their Montecito and ''what has come with it'' is what they wanted.

A BLM leader tweeted yesterday a 3 part tweet stating He and his BLM chapter community do not believe the couple traded this actual swear word life for the 'life of luxury' with the BRF in the UK with a bunch of servants dressing them, feeding them, preparing their schedules of zoom calls, domestic and international travel, a press pen, etc.  He ranted on swearing words, hence unpostable here using the words reduced to: purchased or fake awards, tv crew visiting killed children, tv crew Harry helping veterans for 10 minutes 2020 without realizing he was also being cellphone filmed by a random, hence the 10 minutes, the Netflix was swearing words enough to realize that the couple film every instance of their lives making it lool unatural.  Reduced to using Omid, People and Hello Magazine.

Losing the BLM other than Gen Z is not good, this BLM leader last night in less than 12 hours had more than 1Million likes.

He basically ranted about the couple tied to their new life tied to their BRAND, Archewell.  He then blames the BRF forcing the couple to Megxit and ruin their brand with the reduced rather than top notch 'activities'.  To get 1M likes in twitter is ''a thing''. Not everybody, you'd have to be a super super duper star with a gazillion followers, which that BLM leader does not have not even 10K.

ETA: He later wrote a thank you to the thousands of comment/replies noting that a huge majority was not in agreement with the part of blaming the BRF. The BLM man then said he disagreed only because Meghan is mixed race and will give her the benefit of the doubt of running away from the white family that 'publicly' accepted her, gave her prestige, a worldwide arena, etc basically a Chris Rock  monologue in a lighter way hoping their activities, especially her is prestigious rather than reduced. 

I thought this to be interesting to share, I read his original tweet, the thousands of replies, the quotes too, his secondary replies to interesting comments made to him, especially under receipts. 

I take his rant more of a worried person that the couple used to do more charity stuff under the BRF umbrella and their Sussex Royal brand was 5stars compared to their now Archewell brand.

wannable

Too late to modify, He says that Archewell is proud to do a Spotify/Netflix trashing Harry's family, subsequently her family too, then gets swearing words angry that they want to go to a Coronation after using the Archewell Brand (all the branches; archewell production, archewell whatever, etc) more famous for trashing than doing good prestigious activities.

There, my previous comment has a ''reason''. A BLM leader who tweeted yesterday, intended only to his chapter/community followers and ended up in my timeline, like to a million other people.

TLLK

Quote from: wannable on March 24, 2023, 05:07:19 PM
It's a TV Car show....

Yes it is and the team was able to modify a vehicle for a disabled veteran. Win Win for all involved IMHO.   :high5:

changemhysoul

I see the tweet from this BLM person, so whatever he said didn't make much of an impact in my sphere, which means people didn't care.

If he wanted to look into it, he could, they've done plenty of work since leaving, all detailed on Archewell or in if he cared to view the impact report.

He's free to feel how he feels, it's whatever but they're doing work. People choosing not to pay attention to that is up to them but the people they've impacted - such as the man in the video from today- care about that.

Harvest Home, responded to email and said that since Meghan has appeared / promoted their charity, said they have a store-room filled of extra items, it's overflowing, in response, fans on twitter have brought even more and are posting their order receipts / confirmations.

So, even it's something like a simple car tv show that fixed a car for a disabled vet, who was moved to tears from the message and couldn't believe the inspirational words were said for him.

And they haven't lost Gen Z, I promise.

I wouldn't note Chris Rock either as in his joke, he said the RF were racist.

So, Harry and Meghan are for some people, not all people. As long as the people working with them, are happy with them that's what matters.

There are 7.888 billion in the world and 331.9 million as of 2021, in the USA.

They could have less than half of the support and still be fine. It just seems like some people are unhappy, that H&M aren't sinking as they want them to and companies / charities are still happy work with them, much to peoples ire who want to see them destitute and begging for money.

They'll be fine,
That BLM person will be fine.

And men like Stephan Van Niekerk will be continued to be touched, just as he was in the video, when it seemed that himself, couldn't believe the positive praise he was getting and I'm sure that short message impacted him.