The Coronation

Started by LouisFerdinand, September 17, 2022, 10:29:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

Quote from: sara8150 on December 16, 2022, 08:41:19 PM
We have wait and see till crisis meeting have to say if King Charles and Prince William have in his mind for Harry attend his father?s coronation and kept Harry shut up up to Buckingham Palace and Kensington Palace decision its hand tied to King Charles and Prince William as moderator for Sussex

What crisis meeting? The only person to suggest at all that there would be any crisis meeting was one journalist in a tabloid story, and that was in the run up to the documentary series about Harry and Meghan. A series btw in which the tabloid media suggested, without any evidence at all, that Harry would be ranting about his stepmother throughout, causing a row with Charles in which Charles would immediately strip Harry of his titles and ban him from the Coronation, the British media?s fervent wish. Camilla was in fact named only once in all the episodes, without a criticism of her, and if you blinked you would have missed it.

wannable

Hard to tell if the duo will show up.

PrincessOfPeace

I can see the palace's strategy here. It's pretty shrewd.

wannable

^ I like it, passing the baton or the buck, responsibility to the Sussexes to decide to go or not, hence my previous comment ''hard to tell if the duo will show up''.  I read the rumour of a confirmed invitation from the ''final list'', boom printed for last night's front page news.

Tied to seating and most importantly the oath, which is the most important job of the children of a King who will be crowned: I suppose William who is part of the Coronation organization team will have to do a add on with a possible no show of H (like the Jubilee activities as I undertstand, wherever they were to be seated with a * to who x2 would cover empty seats, they skipped all the other events minus Westminster)

Coronation Oath

The King is enthroned (process of being purified and hallowed in the anointing), and the bishops (usually Bath, Wells and Durham) and prince (s) present kneel before him in homage. The Prince (s) swear this oath of lifelong loyalty:

''I do become your liege man of life and limb, and of earthly worship: and faith and truth I will bear unto you to live and die against all manner of folks. So help me God''. (loud and clear in unison)

Source: today's Time Magazine

PrincessOfPeace

*If* Andrew or Harry show up, they'll have no official role. If there's an homage, it'll be Camilla, the Prince of Wales, and the Archbishop of Canterbury.

Blue Clover

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on November 18, 2022, 12:14:56 AM
He understands the value of pomp and circumstance, and how it helps create an aura of majesty and pride in the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth.

Yes, absolutely. Something Monarchs have relied on for centuries.

PrincessOfPeace

Macrobug67

Church of England is based on a king seeking a divorce.  And the number of Monarchs totally faithful to their spouses is likely counted on one hand. 

Curryong

Quote from: Macrobug67 on January 02, 2023, 12:57:28 AM
Church of England is based on a king seeking a divorce.  And the number of Monarchs totally faithful to their spouses is likely counted on one hand.

Right! Even if it is extremely unusual for two known adulterers to be crowned at the same ceremony, I think Anthony Holden is obsessed with this episode in King Charles?s life quite frankly, and like it says in the article it?s time he moved on. What?s more he?s mistaken in Church law on the subject. C+C confessed their sins of adultery at the Church blessing following their civil wedding. The idea that a Coronation would be invalid because of infidelity over 30 years ago is truly bizarre.

Macrobug67

If there was to be an issue with the CoE, it would have been brought up WAY before now.  The RF works on long term plans.  They would have dealt with this decades ago.   And the CoE wouldn?t not have married them if there was an issue.  Not to mention this is not 1850s with Victorian ideal.  It?s 2023.  The mind set has changed. 

LouisFerdinand

Here is a King Edward VII and Queen Alexandra 1902 Coronation mug.   
King Edward VII & Queen Alexandra 1902 Coronation mug. | Fam?lia real   

Will there be Coronation mugs for the Coronation of King Charles III?

Nightowl

This is my opinion and feelings about this issue, of all the people involved in it, the royal family as a whole the one I really hurt for and in my heart I know just how Charles is feeling about his son...it is Charles.  He is the parent of this child who is an adult now and there is absolutely nothing he can do about it in the way of helping Harry, absolutely nothing.  Harry is a grown man, laws says he can make his own life, make his own decisions, live his life the way he wants and even though Harry is on a vengeful warpath against him and the family, nothing can be done for Harry, Harry has to hit bottom on his own, Charles has to be damn tough and honest and straightforward with Harry and just let Harry rage and be as mean and nasty as he wants till he hits that damn bottom and you pray he survives it.  Some do and lots don't.  I know for a fact Charles is suffering deeply and wondering and feeling guilty about all the mistakes he made as a parent, NO parent is perfect ever....not even Harry is a perfect father for if he was he would not be doing this to his family now.

I spent 35 years of my life in the same situation as Charles, my child was hell bent on living her own life on her terms when she was a teenager.......it almost destroyed me as a human being, there is NOTHING out there that I won't do for her, I followed all the rules of the law, the doctors, the mental health professionals, the family church, the teachers, if someone told me to do that or this to help her I did it....and she pulled some of the same tricks I see Harry doing with his family.  Lots of family have a child who will never listen to anyone, everyone in my family, my beloved sister who was the kindest sweetest lady on this earth finally got to me heart and I let go....her rage and anger was at me......not her dad, he had the checkbook and tons of money so she never attacked him, yet it was me, her mother that got the brunt of her rage and anger at the world, she was spoiled and had the best of everything in life, you name it she had it, jewels, clothes, cars, vacations and nothing pleased her.....just like Harry now, what will make him happy, content, at peace ...right now not even his wife whom he says he loves deeply, his children whom he is hurting as they can feel his rage without him showing it to them.....I can only imagine his household, tension and walking on egg shells and jumping at every sound....so my daughter lost her life due to a blood clot in the brain.....yelling one minute and gone the next....died being angry at her mom for not getting her own way again.....I would not wish this hell on any parent....as Deb would tell me so many times,  she is  adult and it is her  choice to live as she  pleases even when she are hurting and won't talk about her pain....just let go and let God.....that I did so I could survive for me finally. 

I wonder what is going on inside of Harry....doing certain things I see and read makes me question his mental health at this time....someone needs to get to him and help him as this is so unhealthy for his family now.

Mods..if this is in the wrong place, please remove elsewhere....I put this here as it is the thread for Charles.

LouisFerdinand

Will there be tea towels for the Coronation of King Charles III?   

The Palace of Westminster Tea Towel Linen     
The Palace of Westminster Tea Towel Linen - Etsy | Tea towels, Linen tea towel, Linen

TLLK

KCIII is reportedly making a significant change to the Coronation ceremony and therefore his male relatives who are royal dukes/earl (Sussex, York, Wessex, Gloucester/Kent)  will not be required to kneel and pay homage to him. The Prince of Wales will be the only one to participate in that role.

King Charles removes the requirement for royal dukes to kneel before him and pay homage at his Coronation ? Royal Central

QuoteAccording to The Sunday Times, The King has decided against having his male relatives kneel before him.

This is in contrast to times gone by where dukes were expected to pay homage to the monarch and pledge their allegiance to the sovereign.

At Queen Elizabeth II?s Coronation in 1953, the Duke of Edinburgh paid homage, followed by the Duke of Kent and the Duke of Gloucester.

Due to the change, Duke of York, the Duke of Sussex, the Duke of Kent and the Duke of Gloucester will play no formal role in the ceremony.

The Prince of Wales, however, will still be required to pay homage to The King, kneeling before his feet.

Nightowl

A very smart move on King Charles's part, the homage should have always been heir to heir, William to his dad King Charles and George to his dad King William someday far off into the future.  Very well done indeed!

LouisFerdinand