The Ascension of King Charles III and Queen Camilla

Started by Macrobug67, September 08, 2022, 07:01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannable

With a broken toe (I think I read that last night)!!!

sara8150

Quote from: wannable on September 16, 2022, 03:35:41 PM

Yes articles says it?s private medical matters on Queen Camilla and can?t details on her toes I respect that Buckingham Palace says

wannable

Brave, all the walking about.

I suffered a broken toe, walked but not as much as she's doing of late. It did mend quickly (1 week with good care)

Princess Cassandra

Count me as one of t hose who thought that if Andrew got to wear his uniform than Harry should be able to do the same.  I also think it's impressive that the King reversed the decision of having just Andrew wear his uniform.  To me that shows he is strong enough to realize that a second look is needed, whatever I may think of Andrew's and Harry's behavior.  I certainly hope that HM doesn't back off WHENEVER either of them pushes hard enough or has a temper tantrum (and they are both capable of that), but in this case he did the right thing and I commend him for it.  Meanwhile, ask anyone who served and was in a position where he or she knew they may have to sacrifice their lives and you will find out just how important recognition of that via symbols like uniforms are.   

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: wannable on September 16, 2022, 03:35:41 PM
Perhaps that is why she looks so upset (appearing to be more than grieving) - what a strain to walk in pain and force herself not to limp under such circumstances.

wannable

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on September 17, 2022, 02:06:13 PM
Count me as one of t hose who thought that if Andrew got to wear his uniform than Harry should be able to do the same.  I also think it's impressive that the King reversed the decision of having just Andrew wear his uniform.  To me that shows he is strong enough to realize that a second look is needed, whatever I may think of Andrew's and Harry's behavior.  I certainly hope that HM doesn't back off WHENEVER either of them pushes hard enough or has a temper tantrum (and they are both capable of that), but in this case he did the right thing and I commend him for it.  Meanwhile, ask anyone who served and was in a position where he or she knew they may have to sacrifice their lives and you will find out just how important recognition of that via symbols like uniforms are.   

I disagree, they both disgraced themselves.  If they weren't Princes, they'd probably receive a court marshalled for association to a pedo and the other one for trashing the chief commander Queen and family (Read the OATH). I've seen reports of court marshal for LESS, just in case.

Curryong

Retired and ex-officers cannot be court-marshalled. Harry was long out of the army when he spoke to Oprah in the US about the RF, and even then he said nothing about the Queen?s behaviour. She was the Commander in Chief, not William, not Kate, not Charles. Criticism of various members of the royal family, except perhaps in wartime, is not an offence for which any RETIRED officer can be prosecuted.

wannable

The Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) has defined and punished military crimes since its inception in 1950. It?s usually reserved for charging active-duty service members, but the code also allows certain retirees to be court-martialed. Now, certain legal cases are challenging the longstanding rules, which could have significant ramifications for military veterans.

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on September 17, 2022, 02:26:13 PM
The Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) has defined and punished military crimes since its inception in 1950. It?s usually reserved for charging active-duty service members, but the code also allows certain retirees to be court-martialed. Now, certain legal cases are challenging the longstanding rules, which could have significant ramifications for military veterans.

That Code refers to persons who have served or who are serving in the US military. Neither applies to Andrew or to Harry.

wannable

The 2006 UK Military act changed to be able to CM retired personnel.

A retired Major in the British Army has been sentenced today (13 August 2021)

Princess Cassandra

I agree that both princes are guilty of bad behavior, and in Harry's case I feel he is almost treasonous.  However, neither has been charged with any crime. I was never in the military, but my husband was and has made me understand that you can never under-rate putting one's life on the line for his or her country.  Certainly Andrew did, and it appears that Harry did as well.  And I fervently hope that the King doesn't make a practice of caving in. I guess I opened up a can of worms - sorry, my friends!

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on September 17, 2022, 03:16:35 PM
The 2006 UK Military act changed to be able to CM retired personnel.

A retired Major in the British Army has been sentenced today (13 August 2021)

And what was he courtmarshalled for exatly? A serious offence. Not for criticising a couple of members of the RF in another country though not the Commander in Chief?

wannable

He was a military vehicle collector , for purchasing military vehicles of other countries. It is their law 2006 and can be changed whenever they want add on.

I had a military vehicle purchased. If in the 🇬🇧 I would very likely be jailed (A boyfriend (ex) gave me a USA military jeep for birthday present, restored and glorious, I still have it but stored, warehouse, can't take it with the new country where I live at the moment)

Changes to legislation:Armed Forces Act 2006 is up to date with all changes known to be in force on or before 17 September 2022. There are changes that may be brought into force at a future date. Help about Changes to Legislation

Armed Forces Act 2006

Basically the strongest NATO countries are twinning.

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on September 17, 2022, 03:33:07 PM
He was a military vehicle collector , for purchasing military vehicles of other countries. It is their law 2006 and can be changed whenever they want add on.

I had a military vehicle purchased. If in the 🇬🇧 I would very likely be jailed

I would suggest that there was a whole lot more behind that offence than what you are suggesting.
And it has nothing whatsoever to do with what Harry did re Oprah, so let?s not go there!

Curryong

And that wasn?t a court-martial anyway, it was in a (civilian) Crown court.

Retired Army Major guilty of dishonestly acquiring historic military vehicles from foreign governments | The Crown Prosecution Service

Retired Army Major guilty of dishonestly acquiring historic military vehicles from foreign governments

13 August 2021|News, Fraud and economic crime
A retired Major in the British Army has been sentenced today (13 August 2021) for acquiring tanks and other military vehicles of historic value from foreign governments and museums in an audacious deception.

Major Michael Whatley (Rtd), aged 65 and from Berkshire, pleaded guilty to three counts of misconduct in a public office at Salisbury Crown Court on 9 July 2021. He has now been sentenced to a two year suspended sentence.

Over a period of many years, dating back to 2001, Whatley falsely claimed that he was acting on behalf of the Household Cavalry Regiment and managed to obtain more than 20 historic military vehicles from Belgium, Germany and Sweden, some of which he kept in storage facilities at Ludgershall.

Whatley brokered the sale of a Cromwell Tank for ?65,000, a Sherman Firefly for ?105,000 and an M41 Walker Bulldog, worth an estimated ?100,000.

He made some deals on the basis of an exchange agreement, where he promised to provide items in exchange for military vehicles instead of monetary payment. However, the promised items often would never arrive, meaning that the agreements made by Whatley were fictitious.

wannable

The Oath of Allegiance (Judicial or Official Oath) is a promise to be loyal to the British monarch, and his or her heirs and successors, sworn by certain public servants in the United Kingdom, and also by newly naturalised subjects in citizenship ceremonies.

That's All