Re: William and Catherine-Sports Patronages: AELTC, Football, Rugby etc..Part 2

Started by TLLK, May 28, 2022, 02:00:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sara8150

Curryong

Here is a scientific public opinion survey of Great Britain adults taken on August 18, 2023:

England are playing in the Women?s World Cup final in Australia this Sunday. Do you think Prince William, who is the president of the Football

England are playing in the Women?s World Cup final in Australia this Sunday. Do you think Prince William, who is the president of the Football Association (FA), should or should not be expected to attend the match?

52% Should be expected to attend
25% Should not be expected to attend
24% Don't know

The responses are consistent across region, gender, politics, and social grade. There is some variation by age, with older adults being more closely divided, but in all age groups, those who say he should be expected to attend outnumber those who say he should not be expected to attend. (Adults 65+ think he should be expected to attend by 44% to 33%, while adults 18-24 agree by 60% to 20%.)

wannable

IF it were 70% or more, landslide, go, the other 2 minorities of no and don't know would be proportioned in other ways. He'd probably have to stay a few days and add on events in Australia to make it up.

50ish is yes above half, but not enough to treat the rest of the minorities, which aren't so minority with no care or badly ''proportioned''.

None is above 60%.

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on August 19, 2023, 10:32:12 PM
IF it were 70% or more, landslide, go, the other 2 minorities of no and don't know would be proportioned in other ways. He'd probably have to stay a few days and add on events in Australia to make it up.

50ish is yes above half, but not enough to treat the rest of the minorities, which aren't so minority with no care or badly ''proportioned''.

None is above 60%.

You stated in an earlier newspaper poll  you yourself linked, that you were ?surprised? at the 17% difference in the people who said he should go to Sydney with those who didn?t want him to. You said it was ?huge?.  Now it?s a properly weighted poll from a reputable agency like YouGov the 25% difference somehow isn?t good enough! What! And the 25% ?don?t knows? don't consist solely of people who don?t want him to go. It would probably be more like an even split or near to, if they were asked the question again.

wannable

I did state the 17 point difference is huge 57/40. That's it, I didn't add what I just added lately. You could have asked then, but your asking now, this is my reply.

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on August 20, 2023, 12:06:24 AM
I did state the 17 point difference is huge 57/40. That's it, I didn't add what I just added lately. You could have asked then, but your asking now, this is my reply.

The truth is that most people in the UK in both these polls believe that William should go to Sydney. And he?s received considerable backlash for not doing so in several UK newspapers and news outlets.

It?s equally true iMO that he and his advisers badly misread the room on that issue. He thought that being holier than thou about carbon footprints would allow him to enjoy his Norfolk holidays in peace, without a long trip to Sydney and back.

Well he?s been proven wrong, and he?s been shown up by Queen Leti and Infanta Sofia representing their country with an appearance at the Cup final. Not just sending feel good messages most of which which are done online by assistants, but actually putting themselves out by being there, and good on them!

wannable

Not really

Social Media: William and Charlotte 4.1 Million views 30.6 Thousand likes and trending worldwide

Sadly

The Lionesses do not have those numbers and not trending. Read carefully, sadly.

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on August 20, 2023, 12:21:13 AM
Not really

Social Media: William and Charlotte 4.1 Million views 30.6 Thousand likes and trending worldwide

Sadly

The Lionesses do not have those numbers and not trending. Read carefully, sadly.

Oh well then, he shouldn?t have gone to Sydney to support his nation?s female soccer team (even though he is President of the FA) because the Lionesses aren?t trending on social media! Really! Lol. His critics in the British media in the last few days  obviously don?t agree!

wannable

Social media is a reality, its technology will only get better and better. Matter of fact there is ''new'' tech already in X (twitter) that started yesterday.

Each to it's own beliefs. Pre pandemic, I personally would want him to go. Now, No, only if he stays a week and adds about 40 other events with AU government and his personal charity interests.

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on August 20, 2023, 12:40:18 AM
Social media is a reality, its technology will only get better and better. Matter of fact there is ''new'' tech already in X (twitter) that started yesterday.

Each to it's own beliefs. Pre pandemic, I personally would want him to go. Now, No, only if he stays a week and adds about 40 other events with AU government and his personal charity interests.

With the Matildas out the last thing Aussies and the Aus Govt would be interested in is William turning up and having to find him worthy PR stuff to do to be put in English newspapers, to occupy his time and supposedly justify being there.

William hasn?t performed a public engagement for about a month. How long do his holidays last? And why couldn?t  Kate go and take Charlotte with her if William can?t be bothered. And as President of the FA it?s William?s duty to be bothered about this Cup final. It?s all about duty with these two isn?t it?

wannable

Right and his carbon footprint for 2 hours IMO is not worth going either. He can make the team, their families, their loved one a party at Windsor Castle.

wannable

Although it?s the result none of us wanted, @Lionesses you have done yourselves and this nation proud. Your spirit & drive have inspired so many people and paved the way for generations to come. Thank you for the footballing memories.

Congratulations to Spain. W
The Prince and Princess of Wales

TLLK

The Princess of Wales, Patron of the @RFU, will attend the #RugbyWorldCup 2023 Group Stage match between England and Argentina at the Stade de Marseille on Saturday 9th September, 2023.

The Prince of Wales, Patron of the Welsh Rugby Union, will attend the Rugby World Cup 2023 Group Stage match between Wales and Fiji at the Stade de Bordeaux on Sunday 10th September, 2023.

wannable

There are plenty direct commercial flights from London to Marseille (1H45M) and Bordeaux (1H15m), by train it's too long for a day trip.  My favorite travel website sent me a Rugby World Cup travel alert of many cheap choices.

Less carbon footprint is British Airways followed by Jet Blue.

Emmanuel Macron wasn't booed tonight but was whistled.  He had to stop his inaugural rugby speech, until the whistling died down.

wannable

The Good, The Bad & The Rugby
@GoodBadRugby
Mike Tindall and the crew

With the Rugby World Cup underway the boys were invited to Windsor Castle for a very special podcast with The Prince & Princess of Wales and The Princess Royal.

Watch/Listen now. Search Good Bad Rugby 🔎

The Prince of Wales, The Princess of Wales & The Princess Royal at Windsor Castle - YouTube

TLLK

TLLK

^^^The podcast is very entertaining. I am not surprised to hear that all those present are competitive, but Mike shared that Catherine can be quite fierce even when it comes to beer pong.  :hehe:
I've only seen Anne interviewed a few times, but she was so relaxed and enjoyable to listen to during the podcast. Someone deserves credit for bringing the 3 royal patrons together for this event.

Here's the entire podcast if you're interested in watching it.

The Prince of Wales, The Princess of Wales & The Princess Royal at Windsor Castle - YouTube

Nightowl

Wow......what a great time they all had together and we could see them not trying to outdo each other, Oh I so love Anne, always admired her yet this showed me a new Anne, very strong intelligent lady. Thanks for this TLLK, I really enjoyed it.

TLLK

You're welcome @Nightowl, I have to say that Anne was the one that caught my attention this time too. She was so relaxed and engaging during the conversation. I appreciated that while it was humorous and fun, there were some crucial life lessons being shared during this podcast ie: that team sports can teach children to be gracious winners and losers and that the nature of the activity requires teamwork.

wannable

The Prince and Princess of Wales
@KensingtonRoyal

Well done @EnglandRugby! A great start to the tournament and so looking forward to following your progress in #RWC2023 🌹

England 27 - 10 Argentina

Princess of Wales at the England locker room

wannable

Reports that the Princess of Wales arrived safely back home last night

The Mayor of Marseille tweeted
Benoit Payan
@BenoitPayan
Honored to have welcomed Her Royal Highness Princess Kate Middleton to Marseille on the occasion of the first Rugby World Cup match in our city.

And congratulations to the XV de la Rose 🌹

#RWC2023 #ENG

wannable

The Wales vs. Fiji match has a 9:00 p.m. local start (like England vs Argentina), so the timing is perfect with the one and last midnight flight back home.

Good luck to Wales.

Nightowl

Quote from: TLLK on September 10, 2023, 12:21:20 PM
You're welcome @Nightowl, I have to say that Anne was the one that caught my attention this time too. She was so relaxed and engaging during the conversation. I appreciated that while it was humorous and fun, there were some crucial life lessons being shared during this podcast ie: that team sports can teach children to be gracious winners and losers and that the nature of the activity requires teamwork.

Yes, it was an enjoyable experience for them as a family, 4 members of the same family all working, enjoying each other's company, being who they are regardless of titles or money, and the country I hope views this as a family together, no bickering, no backstabbing, just friendly loving members of the same family.  I wonder if they all got together when this was over and really laughed at comments and views of what and where things happened.......Yes, Anne was so comfortable there, laughing and giggling and smiling the whole time with all of them. That showed me she was close to not just Mike her so/in/law but William and Catherine.  That says a lot to me and so good to see.  I saved the link somehow...lol....my  tech skills are not good,  I lose things, if Deb was around she would of loved this podcast...I think of her daily!

wannable

Belle
@RoyallyBelle_
The Prince of Wales sings the Welsh anthem at the #WalvFij Rugby World Cup match in Bordeaux 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏉

https://twitter.com/i/status/1700947204221829529

Wales 32 - 26 Fiji

A few more minutes for Wales to win their first match