Re: British Royal Family joint and group events Part 2

Started by TLLK, May 24, 2022, 06:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

Quote from: sara8150 on July 18, 2023, 08:31:17 PM
Shakespeare-fan King Charles celebrates 400 years since the first Folio at star-studded Windsor Castle reception alongside Queen Camilla and the

400 years is extraordinary for a playwright, isn?t it. I suppose all the Baconite and De Vereites are gnashing their teeth about this reception, though. I once met a person who believed that it was Queen Elizabeth I who wrote everything. No good arguing with them, though!

wannable

I made a mistake, Balmoral tourist ends tomorrow Wednesday 16th. Accordingly, the royals will be arriving Thursday 17th onward. 

Apparently KCIII  and QC have changed their minds and will be staying at Balmoral castle rather than Birkhall. OR they never changed their minds, always intended to stay at Balmoral.  Source: multiple RR's

wannable

Chris Ship
@chrisshipitv

The King's wider family gathering at Balmoral now he's officially started his stay at the Castle.

Princess Eugenie arrived with her children today.

Princess Beatrice, her husband Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi and their family also seen today.

Prince and Princess of Wales due this week.

TLLK

^^^I expect that most of the late QEII and the DoE's grandchildren and great-grandchildren who come to Balmoral before the start of the school year will have a private memorial gathering for her during their stay. The Tindalls and Phillips families will probably be there at some point as well.

wannable

King Charles, Queen Camilla, the Prince and Princess of Wales, the Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh, Prince Andrew and Lady Susan Hussey attended a church service this morning.

wannable

Princess Anne and Tim shared a car with the DOE's

TLLK

Great to see the senior royals in the BRF gathered together at Balmoral. The school year begins soon so the Wales and Edinburgh's children will have one last holiday before the start of term. If the Phillips and Tindall's children are present, then they'll have the opportunity to catch up with their cousins.

Earl of Wessex-Eagle House School begins Sept. 2nd.   Wales children- Lambrook starts on Sept. 6. Lady Louise Windsor-St. Andrews University-Week 1 is Sept. 11.

Nightowl

Yes, it is nice to see and hopefully some work/good news will be forthcoming.  They are very lucky to be able to go there and enjoy the castle as that looks like what I call *heaven on earth* to me.  So peaceful and calm looking with all the wild nature around. 

TLLK

Yes it seems that the family truly loves being in the Scottish Highlands and enjoying the peace and quiet that the Balmoral Estate can provide to them.

wannable

Vice Admiral Timothy Laurence (left), Britain's King Charles III (centre), Britain's Queen Camilla (right) and Britain's Princess Anne, Princess Royal (third left) attend the annual Braemar Gathering in Braemar

Saturday, 2nd September 2023

TLLK

Good to see the four of them at the annual Braemar Games. I expect that the younger generation has returned home to prepare for the start of the school year.

wannable

The Royal Family
@royalfamily

At the Braemar Gathering, His Majesty has stepped out for the first time in the new King Charles III tartan.

The green, blue and red tartan has been designed in recognition of The King?s strong support in preserving the tradition of Highland Dress and Scottish Tartans.

Regularly attended by the Sovereign and members of the Royal Family, the annual Braemar Gathering has been run in its present form since 1832.

Similar Gatherings at Braemar have taken place for even longer - since the days of King Malcolm Canmore, 900 years ago.

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on September 02, 2023, 03:23:01 PM
Good to see the four of them at the annual Braemar Games. I expect that the younger generation has returned home to prepare for the start of the school year.

Yes, and all that utter rubbish that the tabloids went on about for weeks before the Balmoral holidays about Charles having summits with the Waleses about the future of the Commonwealth, about the entire RF gathering to consult about Harry and Meghan, was just the result of journalistic imagination. As usual.

wannable

I honestly thought you didn't know a thing because of the example you gave of ''what about him, he was a scandal''.  I don't think it was a scandal, the powers behind the power ''forced'' him. Only because of this is why I thought, she doesn't know a thing. 

Anyway back to the family gathering, I am actually happy to see some pictures of his (King) brothers and sister.

TLLK

Quote from: wannable on September 02, 2023, 03:30:07 PM
The Royal Family
@royalfamily

At the Braemar Gathering, His Majesty has stepped out for the first time in the new King Charles III tartan.

The green, blue and red tartan has been designed in recognition of The King?s strong support in preserving the tradition of Highland Dress and Scottish Tartans.

Regularly attended by the Sovereign and members of the Royal Family, the annual Braemar Gathering has been run in its present form since 1832.

Similar Gatherings at Braemar have taken place for even longer - since the days of King Malcolm Canmore, 900 years ago.

It's a handsome tartan IMO and I expect that KCIII enjoys wearing it today. 

TLLK

Quote from: Curryong on September 02, 2023, 09:02:48 PM
Yes, and all that utter rubbish that the tabloids went on about for weeks before the Balmoral holidays about Charles having summits with the Waleses about the future of the Commonwealth, about the entire RF gathering to consult about Harry and Meghan, was just the result of journalistic imagination. As usual.

I  do believe that the Wales and the King/Queen  did  manage to spend some time discussing the future of the monarchy during the past week.
It seems logical to me that they would take advantage of the  time together to do so.

TLLK

Posts related to the Duke of York can be found in his forum in the thread linked below. Posts related to the marriage of KCIII and the late Diana, Princess of Wales can be found in her forum in the thread linked below. Please keep the discussion on topic. Further off topic replies will be removed.

Prince Andrew-A New Chapter

Engagement, Marriage, Divorce of Diana and Charles (Thread from 2020 onward)

wannable

Rishi Sunak, King Charles and Queen Camilla, Princess Anne and Sir Tim Laurence attend Balmoral church service

TLLK

Here are the photos of the group at Crathie Kirk. Traditionally the monarch hosts the sitting PM and spouse at Balmoral at the end of August.

Bilder und Fotos - Getty Images

Here are some of the activities that the PM and spouse were expected to participate as guests of QEII. There might be some changes coming during KCIII's reign.

?Stiff walks and parlour games?: Sunak becomes latest PM to visit Balmoral | Monarchy | The Guardian

QuoteMargaret Thatcher reportedly described it as ?purgatory?, while Tony Blair needed a stiff drink to survive it.

Now Rishi Sunak is expected to meet the king during a weekend trip to Balmoral Castle, continuing a long-held tradition of the monarch hosting the prime minister at the Scottish royal retreat.

The visit to the royal estate comes ahead of parliament returning from recess on Monday.

For past prime ministers, it was not always the most relaxing of weekends.

During Queen Elizabeth II?s time, such invitations would inevitably mean bracing walks, an oft-soggy picnic in the Highland mist, a spot of fishing if desired, and one of the late Duke of Edinburgh?s famous barbecues.

wannable

Majesty Magazine & Joe Little
@MajestyMagazine

The President of the Republic of Korea, His Excellency Yoon Suk Yeol, accompanied by Mrs Kim Keon Hee, will pay a state visit to the United Kingdom in November.

Nightowl

Nice to see state visits again.....and of all Korea!

TLLK

I am very happy to see that State Visits are happening around the globe again. Hoping that there might be a chance that the long postponed incoming visit from Japan to the UK might happen in the Spring of 2024.

Nightowl

I so agree with you and on Japan as I really like the Imperial couple, mostly the Empress as she has had a very difficult time since she married into the family.  I would like to think since she became an Empress that she has more freedom and has used the word *NO* to all the rules and regulations by IHA.  Korea just surprised me when I read it is all. I also would love to see both Beatrice and Eugenie with their husbands attending and in tiaras.  Even Sarah would be nice to see there also with Andrew as he would just be getting a free meal is all.

TLLK

Yes it was a difficult transition for Empress Masako as well as her mother-in-law Empress Michiko. One would hope that IHA will finally wake up and ease the transition for their new members!

I would say that most of the State Visits involve republics these days. The BRF ladies in attendance will likely wear their tiaras and orders. Hopefully KCIII's family order will be ready by then so we can finally see it! I am expecting that it will be Camilla, Catherine, Anne, Sophie for certain and possibly Brigitta.