Books about and written by the Sussexes Part 2

Started by TLLK, November 12, 2021, 12:34:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on October 29, 2022, 03:58:17 AM
I don't take anything I read in the media for gospel, but as of today we are told the book is full of complaints and criticisms. If he airs more dirty linen in the public eye he might as well plan on saying goodbye to his family. Then he can really play the victim.

?We are told? by whom? People in the Royal Households venting to journalists and following their own agenda but who haven?t read the book, tabloid journalists following the same negative route who are just guessing, people at the publishing House who may not necessarily have read the whole book? Who? Let?s not forget, nothing is out there yet, though the carping has certainly already begun.

wannable

After 3 years of Harry (and wife too) trashing his family, it's human nature to think the book will be the same stuff.

^ I like your window of hope though.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: Curryong on October 29, 2022, 06:06:03 AM
?We are told? by whom? People in the Royal Households venting to journalists and following their own agenda but who haven?t read the book, tabloid journalists following the same negative route who are just guessing, people at the publishing House who may not necessarily have read the whole book? Who? Let?s not forget, nothing is out there yet, though the carping has certainly already begun.
Are you kidding? It's everywhere. I don't believe much of what I read and hear but when he was asked about it last year he responded that it is his story and he has the right to tell it. Sorry I can't find the exact quote. If this book does not air more dirty linen and victimhood I will be very pleasantly pleased.

TLLK

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on October 29, 2022, 01:52:41 PM
Are you kidding? It's everywhere. I don't believe much of what I read and hear but when he was asked about it last year he responded that it is his story and he has the right to tell it. Sorry I can't find the exact quote. If this book does not air more dirty linen and victimhood I will be very pleasantly pleased.

I personally basing my own opinion of what is likely to be shared in the book after listening to and reading Prince Harry's statements regarding his life,  family, the British monarchy and people since he chose to step back from senior royal duties in January 2020. I am also considering the actions that he's taken after making statements as well ie: stating how much love and respect he held for his paternal grandparents but then going ahead with the Oprah interview in March 2021 and later choosing not to accept invitations to spend time with the Queen after the COVID restrictions were lifted.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: TLLK on October 29, 2022, 02:07:20 PM
I personally basing my own opinion of what is likely to be shared in the book after listening to and reading Prince Harry's statements regarding his life,  family, the British monarchy and people since he chose to step back from senior royal duties in January 2020. I am also considering the actions that he's taken after making statements as well ie: stating how much love and respect he held for his paternal grandparents but then going ahead with the Oprah interview in March 2021 and later choosing not to accept invitations to spend time with the Queen after the COVID restrictions were lifted.
Yes, you are right. It is best to listen to what is said and see what a person does, and then judge for yourself.

Curryong

So what else is new? William has reportedly hardly spoken to Harry since the Foundation was split in 2019. In spite of media going on and on about ?olive branches? being extended? etc.

Nightowl

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on October 29, 2022, 08:40:12 PM
Yes, you are right. It is best to listen to what is said and see what a person does, and then judge for yourself.

Totally agree with you, as my sister used to say to me.........we all speak words yet our *actions* speak louder then words.   All the wonderful things done by Harry and Meghan in the  past will in time become unknown  and be deleted from their lives all because of the actions/choices/decisions they have made since leaving the royal family because we humans read what is *up front in the news now* not something that happened years or decades ago.  If more humans read their history and learned from it, then the world would be a better place for all of us.

sara8150

Prince Harry wrote memoir because he couldn't 'keep trying to make his family happy,' source claims | Daily Mail Online

Prince Harry asked his friends and ex-girlfriends to feature in his upcoming autobiography Spare | Daily Mail Online

Prince Harry 'will return to Britain to promote memoir Spare' as Charles could strip him of titles | Daily Mail Online

Prince Harry told to 'take a risk' as he has been tipped for UK return to promote memoir | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Prince Harry feared he 'had to sex up' memoir after 'touchy-feely' first draft rejected | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Harry pleaded with pals and ex-girlfriends to open up on him for memoir?but 'most said no' | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Prince Harry to return to UK to promote book after he 'turned down' King invite - claim | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Royal Family: Palace 'on tenterhooks' as Harry poised to blindside Firm with new book | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Prince Harry 'asked friends and ex-girlfriends to contribute to book' but most said no - Mirror Online

Prince Harry's memoir feared 'sexed up' after publisher rejected first draft - Mirror Online

Harry wrote book for himself as he couldn't 'keep trying to make Royal Family happy? - Mirror Online

How Sweden's Prince Harry copes with being the 'spare' after King's bold move - Mirror Online

Harry 'may return to UK to promote his memoir Spare' in royal New Year nightmare - Mirror Online

How Prince Harry's pals and ex-girlfriends were left stunned over his memoir request | The Sun

Fears Prince Harry's book was 'sexed up' with revelations about the royals after publisher rejected first draft | The Sun

King Charles could strip Prince Harry & Meghan Markle of titles over fears they'll go 'fully rogue' in explosive memoir | The Sun

Real reason Prince Harry wrote his 'truth bomb' memoir revealed - as it already hits top of Amazon charts before release | The Sun

Nightowl

Harry has been in therapy before right, didn't he learn anything that it is not his responsibility to make his family happy, that the only person he should make that concern about is himself.  Each member of any family is responsible for their own happiness, not the entire family nor friends nor the world for that matter. He can not live his life looking at himself through other people's eyes, he must face himself to be content and happy and that I believe he is afraid to do......facing our own mistakes in life is a very hard thing for must of us to do and that is why he is always acting out by bashing his family. 

TLLK

Prince Harry?s old friends asked to break vow of silence for memoir

QuoteA source told the Sun on Sunday unnamed friends had been contacted over the summer.

?Harry did reach out,? they said. ?Friends and girlfriends were polite and said they would think about it but ultimately most said ?no?.

?It was felt to be kind of ironic that Harry would hit the roof if he ever had an inkling they spoke to the media, but now he wants them to when he needs their help.?

It is common practice for ghostwriters to use multiple sources in completing an autobiography, cross-referencing the claims the subject has made and filling in gaps in their own memory.

wannable

Quote from: Nightowl on October 31, 2022, 07:13:06 AM
Harry has been in therapy before right, didn't he learn anything that it is not his responsibility to make his family happy, that the only person he should make that concern about is himself.  Each member of any family is responsible for their own happiness, not the entire family nor friends nor the world for that matter. He can not live his life looking at himself through other people's eyes, he must face himself to be content and happy and that I believe he is afraid to do......facing our own mistakes in life is a very hard thing for must of us to do and that is why he is always acting out by bashing his family. 

That article about keep trying to make his family happy seems the reverse. He used to be so cheerful, 3 years to date he most of the time looks angry.

Unhappy

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on October 31, 2022, 01:03:19 PM
That article about keep trying to make his family happy seems the reverse. He used to be so cheerful, 3 years to date he most of the time looks angry.

Unhappy

I don?t believe Harry is unhappy. We don?t see him when he?s out with his family, and in England there?s always hostile media around. He didn?t look unhappy at all at the polo this summer or at the BetterUp event, or in the WellChild video.

Nightowl

Quote from: wannable on October 31, 2022, 01:03:19 PM

Unhappy

Just looking at the pictures and way he acts in public just tells me that Harry is a miserable human being when out in public.  If his behavior is different at home, we don't know that. He scowls, his so called smile does not reach his eyes and his looks are mean like leave me alone.   I have seen pictures of Harry long before Meghan and they were the same, that tells me that Harry is a troubled youth grown into a raging troubled man.   

Nightowl

Quote from: sara8150 on October 31, 2022, 09:36:31 PM
Prince Harry WILL acknowledge the death of Queen Elizabeth in his memoir Spare, PEOPLE confirms | Daily Mail Online

Prince Harry 'to return to UK to promote Spare' and could lose titles | Daily Mail Online

If Harry wants to return to the UK and face whomever, let him.  If he thinks he is going to make millions off people that are struggling to put food on the table and heat their homes, then he is in for a rude awakening.  He should sent out announcements to all the millionaire friends he has around the world and tell them to buy his book for they have money. It seems to me that for him and Meghan that money is all they care about, isn't that why they left the royal family...*financial freedom*, after all money became their God since they left the royal family that apparently didn't give them enough money. Everything they have done since leaving has been about making money....gee 30 million in a trust fund and they want more money.........greed as set in with them.  Maybe Trump could buy  a dozen books as gifts for his kids and friends.....

I don't spend money on books to make an author have a fat bank account, I was taught how to get books on the cheap side.

Curryong

On another forum someone in the book trade stated that pre-orders in the UK and US are going along very nicely thanks. Certainly Amazon are happy. And Harry will be giving a chunk of the profits to his charities including Sentebale and Invictus. He?s already announced that at the time of the book deal.

wannable

The book is in discount in order to sell and make it a best seller, fair play.

Curryong

Quote from: Nightowl on October 31, 2022, 09:41:18 PM
Just looking at the pictures and way he acts in public just tells me that Harry is a miserable human being when out in public.  If his behavior is different at home, we don't know that. He scowls, his so called smile does not reach his eyes and his looks are mean like leave me alone.   I have seen pictures of Harry long before Meghan and they were the same, that tells me that Harry is a troubled youth grown into a raging troubled man.

I have seen countless photographs and videos of all members of the royal family in my 75 years of life. None of them go around grinning like loons 24/7. Prss Anne has a rather nasty expression at times, so did Prince Philip. Prss Margaret did the same. The Queen looked miserable and uncomfortable on occasions, as has Charles and William. Kate has looked uncomfortable and serious sometimes. In fact I do not know of any member of the BRF who has appeared in public looking wonderfully happy on all occasions and at every moment of royal engagements. The QM maybe excepted but she smiled through everything. Harry was noted for his happy demeanour and if ever he was seen unsmiling the tabloids would make up stories about break ups with girlfriends.

The point is that a camera only catches one snap moment in history when people are out in public and in the eye of journalists and photographers. The narrative of the British media since 2019  is that Harry is dreadfully unhappy away from the UK and his old life, so naturally commentators say he is constantly walking about looking miserable. When he laughs and jokes (as when at the Netherlands IG) they don?t discuss it.

Royals are humans, like everyone else. They feel misery and heartache sometimes, and anger and joy and happiness at other times. Sometimes they lose their tempers. Philip did, Georges V and VI did, Charles does, William does and yes Harry does.

However, we see less than one per cent of the private lives of members of the BRF, and the last thing I?d be doing is drawing conclusions about anyone?s temper, unhappiness, state of marriage or mind or anything else from journalists? photos and clips. 

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on October 31, 2022, 11:24:24 PM
The book is in discount in order to sell and make it a best seller, fair play.

Again, people in the book trade pointed out in various forums including the big royal forum that it is quite usual to have booksellers discounts of hardcovers that are expected to be big sellers.

Nightowl

Quote from: Curryong on October 31, 2022, 11:38:43 PM
I have seen countless photographs and videos of all members of the royal family in my 75 years of life. None of them go around grinning like loons 24/7. Prss Anne has a rather nasty expression at times, so did Prince Philip. Prss Margaret did the same. The Queen looked miserable and uncomfortable on occasions, as has Charles and William. Kate has looked uncomfortable and serious sometimes. In fact I do not know of any member of the BRF who has appeared in public looking wonderfully happy on all occasions and at every moment of royal engagements. The QM maybe excepted but she smiled through everything. Harry was noted for his happy demeanour and if ever he was seen unsmiling the tabloids would make up stories about break ups with girlfriends.

The point is that a camera only catches one snap moment in history when people are out in public and in the eye of journalists and photographers. The narrative of the British media since 2019  is that Harry is dreadfully unhappy away from the UK and his old life, so naturally commentators say he is constantly walking about looking miserable. When he laughs and jokes (as when at the Netherlands IG) they don?t discuss it.

Royals are humans, like everyone else. They feel misery and heartache sometimes, and anger and joy and happiness at other times. Sometimes they lose their tempers. Philip did, Georges V and VI did, Charles does, William does and yes Harry does.

However, we see less than one per cent of the private lives of members of the BRF, and the last thing I?d be doing is drawing conclusions about anyone?s temper, unhappiness, state of marriage or mind or anything else from journalists? photos and clips.

Yes, we are all humans and show the other side of us at times YET, not one of the above that you mentioned has gone on attack to other members of their family like Harry and Meghan have done have they?   I don't know of any member of any royal family that has attacked their family the way he has done in public along with his wife telling lies after lies......if there is please point them out to me as like you I have been a royal fan since a young girl reading about them in life magazines a very long time ago.    What Harry and his wife have done is just DESPICABLE to HM and the family and to think HM and Prince Philip were in the last years of their lives no less which is even more heart breaking to see what he and Meghan have done......and NOBODY can say that is okay for it is NOT.  When I had issues with a member of my family, I took it to that member and settled it, I did not go on social media and bitch about it...that is called *maturity* which neither one of them have at this time in their lives.  Their lives do nothing but revolve around making MONEY given they are filthy rich with millions from trust funds, and Netflix, and Spoof and books and heaven knows who else. To me they are despicable and selfish and just mean.  They are  not role model to be looked up to by anyone at this point and someday it will come crashing down on them when they least expect it...Karma does work in her own time and that I firmly believe in.

wannable

As I said fair play. Although there are best sellers that did not initiate sales by discount.

Curryong

Actually Charles complained about his parents to Jonathon Dimbleby in his bio and a TV interview for the bio, particularly in reference to the way he was brought up, squashed and ignored, and how he was bullied by Philip. Jonathon Dimbleby?s bio of Charles reported his conversations quote for quote, leaving his parents shocked. Philip stated that they they did their best. Anne came out in disagreement with her brother. Charles?s parents were not young.

And the present Duke of Gloucester?s father openly called his father George V  ?dreadful? (with regard to bullying) to biographers of Queen Mary. I have the book. And Edward VIII (Duke of Windsor) said ?ice ran in his mother?s (Queen Mary?s) veins? in letters he must have known would be published. Queen Mary was an old lady at the time, and a widow.

Nightowl

Quote from: Curryong on November 01, 2022, 02:30:52 AM
Actually Charles complained about his parents to Jonathon Dimbleby in his bio and a TV interview for the bio, particularly in reference to the way he was brought up, squashed and ignored, and how he was bullied by Philip. Jonathon Dimbleby?s bio of Charles reported his conversations quote for quote, leaving his parents shocked. Philip stated that they they did their best. Anne came out in disagreement with her brother. Charles?s parents were not young.

And the present Duke of Gloucester?s father openly called his father George V  ?dreadful? (with regard to bullying) to biographers of Queen Mary. I have the book. And Edward VIII (Duke of Windsor) said ?ice ran in his mother?s (Queen Mary?s) veins? in letters he must have known would be published. Queen Mary was an old lady at the time, and a widow.

I will admit that I did not know any of that, I don't have any books written by Charles at all and am not surprised at his complaint of being ignored as his parents in pictures shown were not very warm or loving when returning from some foreign trip that I saw.    HM promised the country she would serve them till the very end and she did just that, so maybe in-between all that time, the children were ignored at times.  I can see from pictures that the early royal family were very stiff and formal and not warm and comfortable within themselves either.  The only impressions I get are from pictures of HM's grandparents and they lived in a time period when royals thought they were above reproach in all things and the same with HM's parents, in early years of HM's reign, I think it was the same thought yet things changed when Diana died and slowly royals became more approachable to the public......in the world today, none of that would survive with the way things are, Charles and William are I like to think in tune with the people for if they are not, then there would be no more monarchy. I also think that idea of marrying someone just because of their position in life like all of Victoria's children did is long gone now which is a very good thing as a position in life does not guarantee a happy marriage filled with love as history has shown us.  So Harry can follow in the footsteps of his family writing books complaining about their poor lives and since 1 is at the printers there is 2 more to go........just how much more complaining can he do about his family.......OH< and Harry is the last person on earth to champion mental health.....because if anybody needs a darn great professional psychologist it is him loud and clear as he starts talking about his mother again and again and again!  Thanks for all the info, it was a good learning experience!