King Charles III and the Queen Consort's offical overseas travel Part 2

Started by TLLK, October 01, 2021, 05:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

TM are arriving in Berlin today for their visit to Germany to begin the State Visit. RAF Voyageur has the new monogram of KCIII painted on its side. 

Arrival video. King Charles arrives in Germany - YouTube

Live: King Charles and Camilla arrive in Berlin at start of Germany state visit - YouTube

https://www.gettyimages.de/search/2/image?events=775958497&family=editorial

sara8150

TLLK

King Charles III  and Queen Camilla attend the State Banquet held by German President Frank-Walter Steinmeier and Elke Buedenbender at Bellevue palace.

Charles gave a bilingual speech in German and English. His German cousins were invited to the dinner as well.

Watch in Full: King Charles III attends State Banquet in Germany - YouTube

TLLK

TLLK

https://twitter.com/Gertsroyals/status/1641143520613236751?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

QuoteBoth King Charles & Queen Camilla were given the German Honor the Grand Cross Special Class of the Order of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany today.

This honor is given out to Heads of State (& occasionally their spouses).

Day 2 of the State Visit to Germany sees the couple at an open air market in Berlin.

PPE Agency

Also a visit to the Bundestag (German Parliament) where KCIII gave another speech in German and English.

King Charles makes history with Germany speech - YouTube

Princess Cassandra

I'm duper glad the visit to Germany went so well. I think they needed a happy moment, as the looming Coronation, significant and important as it is, seems a bit of a drain at the moment. 

Nightowl

^So am I as it is nice to read some good news about royals these days, something positive and nice.

TLLK

Wow! KCIII is certainly going to have a busy first year with his travels. While the Republic of Ireland is a short trip away, it's the UK's closest neighbor.

Amabel2

Quote from: TLLK on April 19, 2023, 01:49:16 PM
Wow! KCIII is certainly going to have a busy first year with his travels. While the Republic of Ireland is a short trip away, it's the UK's closest neighbor.

Charles has made a lot of private visits to Irealnd

PrincessOfPeace

Royal watchers in Canada may not have to wait long for a visit from King Charles III.

The newly crowned sovereign could soon be making his first official trip to the country as King, a Canadian diplomat suggested.

Ralph Goodale, Canada's high commissioner to the UK, said Canadian and UK officials are already looking at possible dates for a forthcoming visit, noting it could occur "within the course of the next several months."

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2023/05/09/canadian-diplomat-says-king-charles-could-visit-canada-within-several-months.html

wannable

I wonder how many tours post coronation they will do?

Other than ^ Canada, the Daily Mail claims he will also visit Kenya and then the postponed France.

sara8150

Quote from: wannable on May 14, 2023, 01:45:13 PM

Other than ^ Canada, the Daily Mail claims he will also visit Kenya and then the postponed France.

We have wait and see till confirmed from Buckingham Palace for trips like late Queen Elizabeth when Queen Elizabeth tours after she become Queen in 1953 when young King Charles didn?t accompanied with his parents tours and stay with nanny respectively

Amabel2

Quote from: wannable on May 14, 2023, 01:45:13 PM

He will do what the govt requires him to do, as King unless he is beginning to find long haul tours tiring and will do less of them.