Harry and Meghan welcome Baby Lili

Started by PrincessOfPeace, June 06, 2021, 04:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannable

It's official, Royal family official website (logo and drop down icon) results:

Curryong

The media sniffed around the discussion about it on SM and once it got into tabloids the Palace men in grey who are hand in hand with the RRs who work for these rags decided the addition couldn?t be put off any longer. I?d imagine they?re peeved. They were probably hoping to postpone it for another month.

wannable

I believe the previous piece was a pressure to Sussex with the rules of acts and bills to be added to the list of succession, they sent the whatever they were missing (the list is 13 what to do list to ✔ ), today or last night the couple produced it, the Monarchy then added it.

Yes I do agree the media has power to pressure good bad or ugly an organization a public individual and such.

Curryong

So Harry and Meghan woke up yesterday morning and thought ?My goodness, the lovely Sun and Daily Mailnewspaper is making a fuss on our behalf because Lili apparently isn?t on the Royal Family website. We must send a copy of Lili?s birth certificate through to the Palace immediately.? The BC incidentally that so many on SM believed to be wrongly filled out.  :lol: A very likely scenario!!

There are literally hundreds of people in the line of succession to the British Throne. Every single Protestant and RC descendant of the Electress Sophia of Hanover is in the line, including many foreign royals. You think they all have to send birth and marriage certificates to BP before the list is adjusted every time a child or grandchild is born?

Quite obviously the Lili ommision was an act of peevishness by Palace apparatchiks.

The West Country travel agent's wife 612th in line for the throne and the other unlikely Britons in our list of royal succession | Daily Mail Online

wannable

I'm just stating there are 13 items between bills and acts to include someone in the line of succession. 

The delays are too random, from days, to weeks, to months, to a year....random citizens legalize their documentation in the same manner, some take days, weeks, months to a year. Priorities are different.

TLLK

Glad to see that the website has been updated to reflect the current line of succession.

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on July 26, 2021, 02:03:27 PM
I'm just stating there are 13 items between bills and acts to include someone in the line of succession. 

The delays are too random, from days, to weeks, to months, to a year....random citizens legalize their documentation in the same manner, some take days, weeks, months to a year. Priorities are different.

I don?t know what you mean by bills and acts. If you mean Parliamentary procedure why not say so. And I?m very sure Parliament didn?t rush to debate a bill to include August Brooksbanks or Lucas Tindall in the line of succession since February when Lucas was born. And I?m damn sure that the West Country woman who is 612th in line didn?t rush her details to her MP so she could be included in an Act!

wannable

Surprised no one knew or discussed about the 13 items in the what to do list with every single person to be added in the line of succession, that's all.

Twitter is so wierd, today the same people who have stated in past tweets the Sussexes don't need the royals, and a endless list of reasons the couple are happy without the royal title, etc. are mad today because the ''royals'' took long in adding Miss Lilibet.

Macrobug67

Honestly, she is 8th in line whether she is on a list on the internet or not.  Such a silly thing for people to get worked up about.  The RF website has been disorganized for years.  This isn?t something new, not some disrespect towards Harry.

Amabel2

Exactly.  I think the palace staff are a small body, and they are slow even at their best wiht updating the site... and these circs haven't been normal for a long time..  Lily is not likely even to come to England for a year or 2, she is still in the same position in the line of succession unless Kate has another baby.. so what is the fuss about?

Nightowl

Oh NO big deal on Harry's daughter ever getting close to the throne......just being on the list is just so that Harry and Meghan can shout to the world their daughter and son are close to the throne....sorry Harry and Meghan, William comes first and that is a *fact*. 

Curryong

Quote from: Nightowl on July 26, 2021, 10:52:34 PM
Oh NO big deal on Harry's daughter ever getting close to the throne......just being on the list is just so that Harry and Meghan can shout to the world their daughter and son are close to the throne....sorry Harry and Meghan, William comes first and that is a *fact*.

When have Harry and/or Meghan ever boasted that their son or daughter are ?close to the Throne?? Nor are they ?on the list so they can shout to the world? about anything.

The line of succession to the British Throne is an official list that just shows where individual members of the BRF sit in order of birth. There is nothing that such members can do about the order of succession, and no-one is on there so they can boast about it or place themselves or their children on there themselves. Nor for that matter can they take themselves off the list.

wannable

Perhaps if Meghan hadn't placed in the spine of her book The Duchess of Sussex rather than The Bench, people wouldn't mock what may be expected from the couple. Cashing in on royal titles, and probably on the line of succession.

Curryong

Meghan isn?t on the line of succession, and where her title by marriage went on the cover/spine of her children?s book was probably a decision by the publisher.

wannable

Princess Cassandra

I have the feeling that Meghan has a lot to say about anything she is involved in.

Yale

Quote from: Nightowl on July 26, 2021, 10:52:34 PM

Lilibet Diana is much closer to the throne than Princess Anne, two of her bothers and their children and a few others. That is the point.

wannable

When will the Sussexes release a picture of Lilibet? Thanksgiving? Christmas? 1 year old birthday?

Basically, since she has been added to the LOS (line of Succession), media in the UK, USA and Australia are using the picture method.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: wannable on August 03, 2021, 02:10:49 PM
When will the Sussexes release a picture of Lilibet? Thanksgiving? Christmas? 1 year old birthday?

Basically, since she has been added to the LOS (line of Succession), media in the UK, USA and Australia are using the picture method.

I like this graphic; just wish we had a picture of her. It is amazing that we have not seem even one. They are only hurting themselves.

wannable

If I concede that the BRF website takes long to ''update''.....The Sussexes are the same.  :laugh:

A famous and very funny British youtube vlogger says to his very much american subrscribers in his very British accent ''Do you think the BRF hang out all day like us mere mortals around the internet'' ....he goes on stating what they usually do.  The background of his vlog is very rich Victorian styled, he claims to be friends of some of them and is in several circles of the aristocratic society.  I think he is lovely and I watch him because he just says really funny stuff.

:sarcastic:

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on August 03, 2021, 04:51:18 PM
If I concede that the BRF website takes long to ''update''.....The Sussexes are the same.  :laugh:

A famous and very funny British youtube vlogger says to his very much american subrscribers in his very British accent ''Do you think the BRF hang out all day like us mere mortals around the internet'' ....he goes on stating what they usually do.  The background of his vlog is very rich Victorian styled, he claims to be friends of some of them and is in several circles of the aristocratic society.  I think he is lovely and I watch him because he just says really funny stuff.

:sarcastic:

He also says a great deal of anti-Sussex ?stuff?. And if he is a friend of members of the BRF then Lady CC, who claims the same, is one (she isn?t) and as for being in aristo society, there are no doubt gay and other circles in that sub group who revel in b.tchiness. He went to public school, that?s obvious. That doesn?t mean that he is connected to the BRF in any way. In fact I?ve noticed that he has made several factual errors about them and his ?news? is usually based in what has already appeared in sectors of the British Press or the Internet.

wannable

The worldwide media that usually have royal space made an article that the Monarchy hadn't up-dated the line of succession, then the BRF website was up-dated, then the same media that had replicated the lack of up-date all decided to use picture method. Say what you want but the media was very smart, it's like passing the ball now to the Sussexes.

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on August 04, 2021, 12:25:47 PM
The worldwide media that usually have royal space made an article that the Monarchy hadn't up-dated the line of succession, then the BRF website was up-dated, then the same media that had replicated the lack of up-date all decided to use picture method. Say what you want but the media was very smart, it's like passing the ball now to the Sussexes.

Harry and Meghan don?t care about the line of succession on the Monarchy site nor whether the media use pictures or not. If they did they would have put a photo up on the Archewell site featuring two year old Archie and the new baby. Apparently the British media can?t get it through their thick skulls that the couple aren?t bothered as to whether they (the UK media) get a photo or don?t get one.

They may put one out for Meghan?s birthday, Harry?s birthday, or Thanksgiving or Xmas. It?s entirely up to the couple and they?ll choose when and where they?ll release a photo. They don?t have to jump through hoops that the British tabloids demand any more and they obviously aren?t going to.

wannable

The US media are constantly making (fake or true about their Sussex sources) that they do care for their royal status.