All memorials to Diana including the fountain, playground, and statue discussio

Started by Curryong, January 28, 2017, 10:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Quote from: Curryong on June 22, 2021, 12:41:12 AM
I don?t know what the tabloids mean by ?two self-contained cottages?. It was reported at the time of the FC renovations, before the Sussexes moved in, that there was going to be a self-contained annexe in the cottage for Doria (or any other guest) which probably has a bedroom with ensuite and own sitting room and kitchenette.) The nanny may have used it as well. So the splitting the cottages thing is nonsense. Plus I?ll bet Eugenie and Jack are sending a plate of food around for breakfast and dinner. I would bet they?re all vaccinated anyway.

This just proves that FC is still Harry and Meghan?s property and the Brooksbanks are renting from them. What?s more, the couple and Harry are absolutely fine about the sharing.

Sounds like the annex is ideal for the visit and this way Prince Harry can safely isolate away from the Brooksbanks.

Amabel2

Why is Harry keeping the house when he is not likely to ever come back ot the UK again to live? 

Curryong

Because after Covid is over Harry will no doubt be making regular visits to the UK, to see family, friends and charities that he has links with. His wife and children may well accompany him in the future. There?s his grandmother?s  Platinum Jubliee next year for example.

Amabel2

Im sure relatives could   put him up.  it seems odd for him to pay a commercial rent for a property he only uses now and again when there is a  couple who presumably are happy to make use of it.

Curryong

Quote from: Amabel2 on June 22, 2021, 01:48:57 PM
Im sure relatives could   put him up.  it seems odd for him to pay a commercial rent for a property he only uses now and again when there is a  couple who presumably are happy to make use of it.

The Brooksbanks presumably pay Harry a monthly rent for the use of FC, that was what was reported when they moved in.

Amabel2

As I recall, for some reason they also left the house after a few weeks and returned to London..  so I wonder why that was.  Did the queen object to them taking it over and they had to talk things out? I could imagine that the queen was hoping that perhaps H might come back and didn't like the idea of sub letting the house.   So presumably if H is not likely to come back to the UK on a permanent basis, why not give up the lease and let the Brookbanks have it?

Curryong

Perhaps the Brooksbanks don?t want FC on a permanent basis. They may be looking around for a London apartment or house, if they can get some serious money together. That?s my surmise. Windsor is a bit out of the way for a couple with jobs in central London. And maybe Harry and Meghan have plans for the house of their own. They paid back the SG money they owed and shouldn?t feel compelled to give FC to somebody else, even a cousin.

As far as where the Brooksbanks went after the tabloids reported that they had come to the Cottage and then gone, who knows where they went. AFAIR it was towards the end of Eugenie?s pregnancy. Maybe she wanted to be in Ivy Cott, nearer the London hospital, perhaps she wanted the reassurance of being at Royal Lodge with her parents. She may have gone to Ivy Cottage so she could attend medical appointments. We just don?t know.

wannable

Izabella

TLLK

wannable

Oh wow, according to Richard Kay there were meant to be approx. 100 plus guests at the unveiling and ceremony. So that has been postponed until September.  Next week only 5 people will be present.

Princes slash Diana ceremony guest list: William and Harry drastically scale back unveiling of the statue of Princess of Wales as Covid forces them to reduce invites to ceremony
Brothers were due to put aside bitter rift to host an elaborate ceremony on July 1
They will preside over a significantly reduced gathering with a handful of guests
Pair had planned for more than 100 of Diana?s friends, ex-staff and supporters
Guests told large ceremony scrapped and a new date will be fixed for September
Princes William and Harry drastically scale back unveiling of statue of Princess Diana due to Covid | Daily Mail Online

TLLK

Interesting according to this article (yes I realize it's the DM) the statue was actually completed in 2018, but the unveiling was delayed due to the Sussexes' wedding, their departure from the BRF and of course COVID. I do see though that choosing to time the unveiling to Diana's 60 birthday was a good time to mark the occasion.

Princes William and Harry drastically scale back unveiling of statue of Princess Diana due to Covid | Daily Mail Online

It is a shame that the participation will be very limited, but at least there will be a second event scheduled for Sept. 2021.

PrincessOfPeace

Princes William and Harry will be joined next Thursday at the unveiling of a statue commemorating Diana, Princess of Wales at Kensington Palace, by Diana's close family, the sculptor @RankBroadley and members of the statue committee.

https://twitter.com/RoyaNikkhah/status/1408400902776578048?s=20

wannable

Richard Palmer

Prince Harry has arrived at Frogmore Cottage in Windsor after landing at Heathrow earlier.

TLLK

Thank you for sharing the details. Looking forward to seeing the completed statue and KP's beautiful Sunken Garden this upcoming week. Hope that the weather is glorious that day.

Here's a link to the sculptor's Facebook page. You can view some of his previous work there.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008492018989

sara8150

Kate Middleton will not be at unveiling of the Diana statue | Daily Mail Online

Prince Harry arrives at Frogmore Cottage for self-isolation before Diana statue unveiling | Daily Mail Online

Princess Diana Statue Unveiling: Who Will Attend? | PEOPLE.com

Prince Harry Arrives in U.K. for Princess Diana Statue Unveiling | PEOPLE.com

The Queen pictured driving to Frogmore Cottage for possible reunion with grandson Prince Harry | HELLO!

Princess Diana's family confirmed to join Princes William and Harry next week - details | HELLO!
Include Spencer family

Prince Harry heads to Frogmore Cottage after arriving in London for reunion with Prince William | HELLO!

Guest list at Princess Diana's statue unveiling scaled down last minute ? details | HELLO!

Prince William and Prince Harry to mark unveiling of Princess Diana statue | UK News | Sky News
Two Duchesses Cambridge and Sussex at home but spencer family will attend

William and Harry to reunite for Diana state unveiling - all the details in new statement | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Harry arrives in UK ahead of unveiling of Diana statue; ITV News

Queen drives to Frogmore Cottage as Prince Harry lands in UK to unveil Diana statue - Mirror Online

Prince Harry lands in UK after flying home from US amid security scare - Mirror Online

Meghan Markle news LATEST - Prince Harry lands in UK ahead of Diana statue unveiling as Archie stays in US with Duchess

Royal Family latest news ? Queen heading to Frogmore as Prince Harry lands in UK to squash feud and unveil Diana statue

Kensington Palace officially announce details of Prince William and Prince Harry?s upcoming joint engagement ? Royal Central

Prince Harry arrives at Frogmore Cottage ahead of statue unveiling next week ? Royal Central

Izabella

Good. The scrabble board is tucked away for another family reunion.  :lol:

Diana statue probably sitting there like ?the thinker? with an expression of ?what the h3ll man?? A look of pure annoyance and utter disgust.  No. I?m sure it?ll be lovely and looking very much like her. Nothing too ornate. Natural. Showcasing her smile. Reflecting. Hopefully. Not ghastly like ?monkey Jesus? or a toy knock off brand. Gah!  :lol:

PrincessOfPeace

The Duke of Cambridge will pay a private visit to his mother's statue with his wife and three children ahead of its unveiling on Thursday.

The statue is now thought to be in place in Kensington Palace ahead of Thursday's official ceremony.

The Telegraph: https://archive.ph/QOsQy

TLLK

https://archive.ph/BFTmz An op-ed piece from The Times Royah Nikkah on the upcoming statue unveiling and the Wales brother's current relationship status.

wannable

Harry and Meghan are doomed with the BRF since doing that Oprah interview.  No matter the excuses, explanations, it's never ever going to be the same.

TLLK

Prince Harry has made a surprise visit in a short video referencing the statue unveiling for the 2021 Diana Awards.

Prince Harry reappears during self-isolation at Frogmore Cottage - watch video | HELLO!

QuoteHe continued: "Later this week, my brother and I are recognising what would have been our mum's 60th birthday, and she would be so proud of you all for living authentic life with purpose and with compassion for others.

"Our mum believed that young people have the power to change the world. She believed in your strength because she saw it day in and day out and in the faces of young people exactly like you, she witnessed a boundless enthusiasm and passion.

"And I too see those same values shine through as it has done for 21 years now, The Diana Award carries her legacy forward by putting young people at the centre of our future. And this has never been more important."