The Sussexes and Family General chat

Started by sara8150, May 06, 2020, 02:01:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Archie and Lilibet have birthdays coming up soon, so we might see a pair of photos released.

TLLK

James Corden reveals he and Prince Harry's children have play dates | Daily Mail Online

QuoteJames Corden has praised Prince Harry as a devoted husband and father and revealed their children have play dates together.

The chat show host, 43, has become pals with Harry and his wife Meghan Markle and lives just an hour and a half away from the couple's sprawling mansion in Montecito, California.

Speaking to The Sun, James revealed he and wife Julia Carey have been for dinner with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex and their kids also spend time together. sked if he had been to the couple's ?11million home, James said: 'I have. It was more a sort of play date scenario [with the kids]. Then we went out for dinner after, it was lovely.'

James and Julia are parents to children Max, 11, Carey, seven, and Charlotte, four, while Prince Harry and Meghan share Archie, three, and Lilibet, 11 months.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: TLLK on April 24, 2022, 05:42:01 PM
Archie and Lilibet have birthdays coming up soon, so we might see a pair of photos released.
That would be nice, but they seem intent on not showing the children's faces. We shouldn't expect to see a photo that would show what they look like. 

PrincessOfPeace

wannable

Was spotted? In real time during the outing, aggressive publicists at Archewell were shopping and circulating copy and photos to media, getting instant pickup by Yahoo News, People, Elle, and other outlets worldwide.

It?s hard to sell these days to friendly media. Something so blatantly disgusting with criminal deaths, editors will sellout the celebrity.

If it weren?t death related MM wouldn?t be slammed like this. Even the local Santa Barbara papers are badmouthing the Sussexes since this past Sunday.

Curryong

I doubt very very much that people anywhere are poring over Meghan and her visit to the memorial tutt-tutting, while reading. And in fact her visit was welcomed there by several locals.

The crime involved was a massacre of young children, an occasion all to familiar in a nation of gun nuts who refuse to give up their weapons however many innocents are killed. It?s that fact that?s the crime not anything Meghan, who has been anti guns for years, has done.

People are turning off media reports spruiked by newspapers etc. Print media has been dying a slow death for at least twenty years. This is especially true of younger people. And people mistrust media reports more and more.

Growing numbers avoiding news as too depressing: report - Japan Today

?The depressing state of the world is leading people to switch off from the news, the Reuters Institute reported on Wednesday.

The combined impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, Russia-Ukraine war and cost-of-living crisis have led to declining interest in the news, a survey by the British research group found.

Across 46 countries surveyed and 93,000 participants, it found the share who said they actively avoided the news had increased from 29 to 38 percent since 2017.

The numbers doubled in some countries, including Brazil (54 percent) and Britain (46).

Young people in particular found the news to be a downer, but the chief reason for avoiding the news was its repetitiveness, especially around COVID and politics.

"I actively avoid things that trigger my anxiety and things that can have a negative impact on my day," a 27-year-old British respondent told the researchers. "I will try to avoid reading news about things like deaths and disasters."

Others said the news led to arguments they would rather avoid, or a feeling of powerlessness, while many young people said they found it hard to understand.

Lead author Nic Newman said the findings were "particularly challenging for the news industry".

wannable

Perhaps calmer and nicer events are in order.

True that about depressing news.

Princess Cassandra

What I find most distressing is people, like the young woman quoted, avoiding reading about things that could upset them or ruin their day.  How will things ever get better if we all hide out heads in the sand? True journalism could make a comeback if greed would not interfere - this is just one thing we could address. 

Nightowl

Hear Hear......Greed has taken over the world and the it is hard to believe any newspaper or TV or anyone   these days.

Curryong

Harry and Meghan baby-photo fallout shows they were right to leave Britain and the royals ? The Irish Times

?Why would Harry and Meghan choose to put their family through more curtain-twitching, tight-lipped vitriol and barely disguised racism?and all because they knew what they?d like to do with their own lives??

wannable

Money?

I thought after stating 17 lies to Oprah, whaaaaat et all, they wouldn?t ever come.

Curryong

The supposed request  by the Sussexes to have a photo of Lilibet taken with the Queen when they met was a pack of lies started by the media. The article below examines the sources for the non story. Might have known that Angela Levin would be there in the midst of it. She?s never met Meghan and last saw Harry to speak to when she was writing a book about him (prior to Meghan being in the picture) in 2017.

Were Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Not Allowed to Take Photo of Queen and Lilibet?

wannable

The NYPost examines Angela Levin, Prince Harry's biographer...Anyway, I don't think there's a picture of Lili and Granny.  The Sussexes aren't special anymore, 2nd row, none working royals, none senior royals, etc. They'd need to come to Balmoral like everyone else to take a group picture with Granny. Prince George is the Special One (or a baptism picture of Lili and Granny, which isn't a given! Granny doesn't go to every baptism...)

The reality is, a 15 minute (family) meeting isn't enough time to get intimate. To date, 15 minute meetings are used for 'internal' business/progress report.

Curryong

10 hours ago22:54 Rosie Jempson
'So deeply appreciated' Meghan Markle sends wishes to US mums in 'moving' tribute

MEGHAN MARKLE has reached out to a group of mothers campaigning for gun law reforms in the United States in what the organisation's leader called a "moving" gesture.

The Duchess of Sussex, who lives in California with Prince Harry and their young children, three-year-old Archie and one-year-old Lilibet, last month travelled to Texas to lay flowers at the memorial of the Uvalde school mass shooting.

READ MORE

Nightowl

I applaud Meghan and everyone else who speaks out to get this gun issues under control and my view about guns is this:  The only time this will be solved is when a child or grandchild is killed by a madman with a gun who is the child of a congressman/woman in my congress as this issue has to hit them square in the eyes to make them understand the horror so many parents have faced, than and only than  will they do something.  I am sorry if this upsets people here. Yet my gov is dumb, blind and plain stupid about guns.  GREED has taken over my gov as this is all about money.           

wannable

A lot of mental health problems and a divided country.

Switzerland and pre war Ukraine have similar 2nd amendment (everyone owns a gun) no deranged kid with a history of being bullied goes mayhem (sic, the story repeats, different dude). The worse thing I find is that all the cases of looneys are known to people in uniform, but no surveillance.

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on June 24, 2022, 01:51:57 AM

Switzerland and pre war Ukraine have similar 2nd amendment (everyone owns a gun) no deranged kid with a history of being bullied goes mayhem (sic, the story repeats, different dude). The worse thing I find is that all the cases of looneys are known to people in uniform, but no surveillance.

You don?t think that most countries in the western world don?t have citizens with mental health problems? Because they do! And yet they do not have the terrible ongoing gun violence of the US, week after week, month after month, year after year, for many many decades. They have very strict gun laws, and it shows in their figures.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41488081

People from the Right who approve of lax US gun laws always bring Switzerland up in their examples. Switzerland has a militia but also has extremely strict rules on where these rifles, guns and ammunition are stored (and it?s not usually multiple guns we are talking about here either.) Permits are extremely hard to obtain.

There is a chasm between Switzerland and other First World countries and the US with regard to guns and that is that an armed militia has been in the US since the 18th century and was enshrined in that country?s Constitution since the beginning.

From then on gun violence was fed by the Wild West, a violent Civil War and guns being constantly glorified in more modern pop culture in songs, countless Westerns, gangster movies and vigilante films, pouring out through constant TV programmes and Cinemas into US hearts and minds.

Add to that a history of exceptionalism and individualism as in ?No government going to push Me around and tell Me what to do!?
No other Western country has that history nor does any other First World country have the equivalent of the powerful NRA and its lobbyists in Congress.

Switzerland Gun Laws: Why the Country Has Fewer Gun Deaths Than the US

?In 2000, more than 25% of Swiss gun owners said they kept their weapon for military or police duty, while less than 5% of Americans said the same.?

?The Swiss have strict rules for who can get a gun, and take firearm training very seriously.?

Nightowl

Thank you  for a great informative post and I completely agree with you. For many years mow I have watched the slow decline of my country right before my eyes......Greed, Entitlement, Egos, all about money and power  have become a way of life here....Trump showed the world just what the US is all about and most people here could care less,, I won't be around to see my country collapse yet I strongly believe it will in time.  History does have a way of repeating itself as we all have seem in the decline of monarchies throughout the world.

Nightowl

Quote from: wannable on June 24, 2022, 01:51:57 AM

Yes and the mental health issue is one that gets cut in all budgets here.....where does that money go....someone's pocket I gather.  A person 18 cam go buy any gun he wants yet the same person cam can't buy a beer, that is for 21 year olds......as my sister told me so many times *there is mo cure for stupid*, that is my congress, their bank accounts has to come first instead of the lives of children in my country.  I am furious at my congress, raging mad more like it. Yet one vote wouldn't change a thing.....

wannable

Quote from: Curryong on June 24, 2022, 02:23:31 AM
You don?t think that most countries in the western world don?t have citizens with mental health problems? Because they do! And yet they do not have the terrible ongoing gun violence of the US, week after week, month after month, year after year, for many many decades. They have very strict gun laws, and it shows in their figures.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41488081

People from the Right who approve of lax US gun laws always bring Switzerland up in their examples. Switzerland has a militia but also has extremely strict rules on where these rifles, guns and ammunition are stored (and it?s not usually multiple guns we are talking about here either.) Permits are extremely hard to obtain.

There is a chasm between Switzerland and other First World countries and the US with regard to guns and that is that an armed militia has been in the US since the 18th century and was enshrined in that country?s Constitution since the beginning.

From then on gun violence was fed by the Wild West, a violent Civil War and guns being constantly glorified in more modern pop culture in songs, countless Westerns, gangster movies and vigilante films, pouring out through constant TV programmes and Cinemas into US hearts and minds.

Add to that a history of exceptionalism and individualism as in ?No government going to push Me around and tell Me what to do!?
No other Western country has that history nor does any other First World country have the equivalent of the powerful NRA and its lobbyists in Congress.

Switzerland Gun Laws: Why the Country Has Fewer Gun Deaths Than the US

?In 2000, more than 25% of Swiss gun owners said they kept their weapon for military or police duty, while less than 5% of Americans said the same.?

?The Swiss have strict rules for who can get a gun, and take firearm training very seriously.?

It's not the thread, hence my generalization.  But the USA has mental health facilities at a 'price', the ratio of 'free' services in communities is very poor considering 1/5 people in the USA suffers from MH issues. All people in 'uniform' are also overwhelmed 365 days of the year. Switzerland has the best free healthcare, including mental health.

Then, consider both the subjects of this board/thread they had or are still battling their own mental health issues, said by themselves or lie #18 (and 19). Oprah Interview.

wannable

NOTE: IMO both Harry and Meghan are working on their MH issues.  The only couple that didn't bring their children to the Trooping of the Color.  Yesterday confirmation came that all the children were 'behind the scenes' except the Sussex children.  Lot's of caretakers, special menu lunch for the children, etc. etc. etc. 

Why did the couple exclude their children from the other children?

70 British Royal Family members at Buckingham Palace, Trooping of the Color.

Again, IMO these are the special moments where ''all'' can meet and greet, get to know each other.  Why did the couple keep their children excluded in Frogmore? We wouldn't need to see Harry and Meghan shushing children that aren't theirs. They'd be busy with their own, enjoying the cousins, etc. Even if Archie won't remember (or maybe yes) he'd have his real first with the entire extended family.  Sad IMO. Very sad. 

Curryong

^^Your reply has absolutely nothing to do with the US having the worst gun death rates in the Western world. And Meghan has supported gun law reform for many years, long before the Oprah interview. She was expressing her sympathies with those mothers as a mother herself as was stated in articles about her visit and the letter she wrote.

Nor does what was said in the Oprah interview last year have anything whatsoever to do with 18 year old American loners being able to buy weapons as easily as I in Australia am able to buy some apples at my local greengrocers, and then shooting children to death at a local school. Unless you are suggesting that the Sussexes are responsible for mental health facilities in the US.

Apparently the Tindall children did go to Lilibet?s birthday party, along with other children. We don?t know that August Brooksbank or Sienna Mozzi were at Horseguards either. And as it?s been reported that Archie goes regularly to kinder in Montecito and will be going to school there in a couple of years and has regular play dates with friends children I doubt he is living a secluded life!

TLLK

[bPosts related to American gun laws havebeenmoved to Coffee Klatch.[/b]