The Late QEII and the late DoE birthdays, anniversaries and personal milestones

Started by PrincessOfPeace, April 18, 2020, 11:33:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sara8150

Quote from: Curryong on August 08, 2023, 02:12:24 AM
Yes, Diana was fantastic. I recollect first seeing a couple of photos in the Press when Charles was first discreetly dating her around the summer of 1980, I think it was. I began being interested in watching royals back in my childhood. I remember Anne at Sandringham, near where we lived, in a blue coat and marching bonnet-like hat. And white socks with black strapped shoes. She was quite young then, about six I suppose, but I have such a clear image of that day.. And we (my family) knew someone who taught Charles how to catch eels on the Norfolk Broads and took him out on boats there when he was around that age too I guess, perhaps a bit older, maybe seven.

Yes

Nightowl

Quote from: Curryong on August 07, 2023, 10:02:46 PM
I am not and never have been a member of the SussexSquad so those observations do not relate to me. I have been a poster on RIF since 2014, long before Harry married Meghan, and I have NEVER been an admirer of the tabloid media in my adult life. My posts here before Harry met Meghan clearly reflect that.

And as for Harry and his relationship with his birth family, what would you have had the late Queen and Charles do? The RF isn?t just the Firm or a business. He was and remains a grandson and a son, one of the only two Charles has. His children are Charles?s grandchildren and the late Queen?s great-grandchildren. In other words, blood relatives, with the emphasis on blood.

To cast Harry and his family out for ever and never invite them again to any royal or family occasions may satisfy the many rabid anti Sussex squads around, and there are plenty online believe me, and ones that have been there since 2016, long before Meghan joined the RF. However, would never seeing his son again bring joy and satisfaction to Charles? I doubt it very very much.

And if such a campaign were to be established the tabloids would almost certainly rejoice. However, sooner or later, there would be murmerings among the media and the public about a father exiling one of his two sons so completely from his life. Stories would begin to appear about double standards, unfairness with the treatment with Andrew after his actions, about huge schisms in a family that is supposed to set an example to the country, about the ruthlessness of banishment for ever for a son, his wife and his children.

And apart from the King?s actual feelings about the son he still loves and cherishes I believe, the Palace and its PR is always acutely aware of that possibility. So in my opinion there won?t be public snubs and there won?t be withdrawals of invitations from the Palace in the future. And imo there are hopes of some sort of reconciliation between father and son in years to come.

BLOOD does not make a family loyalty at all.  A person can be born into a family yet can and turn on the the family when I things don't go their way.......we all have seen Harry and Meghan turn on the royal family with hate and revenge and it is not all because of the tabloids turning against them, did the royal family toss them in the dudgeon, maybe leave them in the poor house, stop all the perks and the money from the family, shun them from all family events........what is their damm problem?  Harry has shown  his jealousy of William for a long time now.........Harry is so full of his own crap he can't see or talk straight anymore. His jealousy is eating away his very life that he so called wanted.  Meghan is looking  for her fame in being first in line with everything she does.....the best in her mind is money, high fashion, friends who are on her side helping her get where she wants to be in life.

Believe me, I know all about the evils of family blood and how it changes family dynamics first hand.

wannable

It really doesn't matter blood or not, if the Duke of Sussex ever goes to a family gathering, nobody will talk and if there is talk it will be about the weather.

TLLK

I truly believe that the former working royals ie: the Duchess of Kent,  the Duke of York and the Sussexes do receive invitations to private family events so there's likely an open invitation to Sandringham and Balmoral. We certainly know that they receive invitations to those events that are public such as KCIII's coronation. It's up to the individuals to decide if they want to attend.

Now as to the reception that they would receive from their family members, well that will depend on the individual too. I can understand if there are family members who are reluctant to engage with Andrew, Harry and Meghan.

sara8150

Quote from: wannable on August 08, 2023, 12:54:52 PM
It really doesn't matter blood or not, if the Duke of Sussex ever goes to a family gathering, nobody will talk and if there is talk it will be about the weather.

King Charles is in charge but he is authorized to invite everyone but he banned his son the Duke of Sussex due bombshell interview of Netflix last December 2022 and also his memoir book last January but embarrassed his father King Charles and his brother Prince of Wales but up to Buckingham Palace and Kensington Palace makes decisions is finalized not invite Sussex to Balmoral for one year anniversary of HM Queen Elizabeth?s death King Charles will welcome Duke of York and Sarah,Duchess of York to Balmoral but Harry and Meghan broke rules and cross line

sara8150

Quote from: Nightowl on August 08, 2023, 06:37:09 AM
BLOOD does not make a family loyalty at all.  A person can be born into a family yet can and turn on the the family when I things don't go their way.......we all have seen Harry and Meghan turn on the royal family with hate and revenge and it is not all because of the tabloids turning against them, did the royal family toss them in the dudgeon, maybe leave them in the poor house, stop all the perks and the money from the family, shun them from all family events........what is their damm problem?  Harry has shown  his jealousy of William for a long time now.........Harry is so full of his own crap he can't see or talk straight anymore. His jealousy is eating away his very life that he so called wanted.  Meghan is looking  for her fame in being first in line with everything she does.....the best in her mind is money, high fashion, friends who are on her side helping her get where she wants to be in life.

Believe me, I know all about the evils of family blood and how it changes family dynamics first hand.

Not your decision up to Buckingham Palace,Kensington Palace and King Charles and William,Prince of Wales to invite but King Charles is in charge to invite like late Queen Elizabeth follow traditional

Harry and Meghan aren?t welcome to Balmoral or Sandringham due what happened on Bombshell interview last December 2022 and memoir last January 2023 and more embarrassed for King Charles and Prince of Wales not necessarily for that

sara8150

Quote from: TLLK on August 08, 2023, 01:55:18 PM
I truly believe that the former working royals ie: the Duchess of Kent,  the Duke of York and the Sussexes do receive invitations to private family events so there's likely an open invitation to Sandringham and Balmoral. We certainly know that they receive invitations to those events that are public such as KCIII's coronation. It's up to the individuals to decide if they want to attend.

Now as to the reception that they would receive from their family members, well that will depend on the individual too. I can understand if there are family members who are reluctant to engage with Andrew, Harry and Meghan.

King Charles invite Yorks but he not invite his own son the Duke of Sussex due what happened bombshell interview last December on Netflix and memoir last January 2023

Curryong

Quote from: sara8150 on August 08, 2023, 07:05:54 PM
King Charles invite Yorks but he not invite his own son the Duke of Sussex due what happened bombshell interview last December on Netflix and memoir last January 2023

How do you explain the Sussexes invitation to the Coronation, then? The Harry book, Spare, and the Netflix documentary came out months before Charles?s Coronation in May. Yet in May there was Harry sitting in WA for the Coronation, and a place was laid for him at the family lunch at BP afterwards though he chose not to attend but to fly home to his family.

If your theory held any water then Harry (and wife) would have been banned from both those things, but they weren?t. So Charles doesn?t ban them from his crowning but waits months until August/September to ban them from family gatherings at Balmoral?

That makes no sense at all, especially as a Palace spokesman has come out and said specifically that the King and Camilla will be commemorating the late Queen?s death privately at Birkhall and no event is planned for the anniversary of Elizabeth IIs death at all by the family on that day. So how can Harry be banned from something that isn?t going to happen? Answer. He isn?t.

sara8150

Quote from: Curryong on August 08, 2023, 08:10:46 PM
How do you explain the Sussexes invitation to the Coronation, then? The Harry book, Spare, and the Netflix documentary came out months before Charles?s Coronation in May. Yet in May there was Harry sitting in WA for the Coronation, and a place was laid for him at the family lunch at BP afterwards though he chose not to attend but to fly home to his family.

If your theory held any water then Harry (and wife) would have been banned from both those things, but they weren?t. So Charles doesn?t ban them from his crowning but waits months until August/September to ban them from family gatherings at Balmoral?

That makes no sense at all, especially as a Palace spokesman has come out and said specifically that the King and Camilla will be commemorating the late Queen?s death privately at Birkhall and no event is planned for the anniversary of Elizabeth IIs death at all by the family on that day. So how can Harry be banned from something that isn?t going to happen? Answer. He isn?t.

Yes Harry admit tell all interview include Netflix last December 2022 and his book memoir the Spare last January definitely bombshell in the book make embarrassing King Charles,Prince of Wales,his own member of the Royal family and lots of mores but Palace kept silent since Netflix and memoir wont mention about that

But Harry went Westminster Abbey for his father?s coronation last May 6 without Meghan that same day of Archie?s birthday after coronation Harry fly home for Archie?s birthday but Harry cant part for pictures and lunch due he no longer members of the royal due Harry stripped HRH by late Queen Elizabeth

Harry cant attend to Balmoral for Queen Elizabeth?s one year anniversary of her death per King Charles,Prince of Wales,Buckingham Palace and Kensington Palace due Harry and Meghan?s drama for month,weeks and years insult the royal family but King Charles invite members of the family include Princess Anne,Duke of Edinburgh and disgrace Duke of York on remember of their one years anniversary death of the Queen Elizabeth

wannable

EXCLUSIVE: William & Kate will lead nation's tribute on anniversary of Queen's death - full details
The couple are expected to 'recognise the outpouring of emotion from across the world in the days and weeks that followed the Queen's death on September 8 last year

By Russell MyersRoyal Editor

The Prince and Princess of Wales will lead the tributes to the late Queen on the first anniversary of her death.

They are to deliver a public message honouring the life and legacy of the monarch, who died on September 8. William and Kate will also use the occasion to 'look forward', a source said. But the King will mark the anniversary ''quietly and privately'' at Balmoral in Scotland where she died aged 96.

William & Kate will lead nation's tribute on anniversary of Queen's death - full details - Mirror Online

wannable

Prince Harry, Meghan Markle will honor late Queen Elizabeth II ''in their own way'' after Balmoral snub
By Leah Bitsky
August 8, 2023 10:12am

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle plan on honoring the first anniversary of Queen Elizabeth II's death ''in their own way'' after not making the invitation list for the royal family's forthcoming Balmoral Castle gathering.

''They will of course acknowledge and pay their respects to Her Majesty in their own way,'' a source with direct knowledge tells Page Six exclusively while confirming that the couple ''haven't received any information or invitation to plans marking the anniversary of her death.''

However, the insider notes that the memorial at the Scottish estate is not a formal royal event.

''I know the palace has said nothing official is happening, ''the source shares, adding that honoring the late Queen is very ''personal.''

Prince Harry, Meghan Markle to honor Queen after Balmoral snub

Curryong

Oh yes, so Page Six is still going with the media ?snub? line that they?ve no doubt copied and pasted from the Sun. A snub for an event that isn?t happening. Very clever. So when the late Queen celebrated the anniversary of her father?s death at Sandringham quietly in Feb 1953, the rest of the family that weren?t there at Sandringham including his mother and three surviving siblings, were all being snubbed, were they?

I would believe there is a snub if there were going to be huge family events celebrated at Balmoral this summer followed by an elaborate memorial service at St Giles in Edinburgh. But there isn?t. And in fact the King has this year extended the tourist viewing season at the estate. That?s how important the holiday is to him, lol.

The family will drift up there in dries and drabs like they usually do, and the anniversary will be spent privately with everybody quietly remembering in their own way, as is usual with the BRF. The British tabloids are so anxious that Harry and Meghan are to be snubbed and ignored and rolled in the dust by Harry?s family that journalists employed there would burst a gasket each if Harry were to turn up.

He won?t. Balmoral had bad memories for him after his mother died and when he was single and adult he avoided the place like the plague. So why the British media expect him to be grinding his teeth over not going to Balmoral is an absolute mystery!

sara8150

Quote from: Curryong on August 08, 2023, 10:42:28 PM
Oh yes, so Page Six is still going with the media ?snub? line that they?ve no doubt copied and pasted from the Sun. A snub for an event that isn?t happening. Very clever. So when the late Queen celebrated the anniversary of her father?s death at Sandringham quietly in Feb 1953, the rest of the family that weren?t there at Sandringham including his mother and three surviving siblings, were all being snubbed, were they?

I would believe there is a snub if there were going to be huge family events celebrated at Balmoral this summer followed by an elaborate memorial service at St Giles in Edinburgh. But there isn?t. And in fact the King has this year extended the tourist viewing season at the estate. That?s how important the holiday is to him, lol.

The family will drift up there in dries and drabs like they usually do, and the anniversary will be spent privately with everybody quietly remembering in their own way, as is usual with the BRF. The British tabloids are so anxious that Harry and Meghan are to be snubbed and ignored and rolled in the dust by Harry?s family that journalists employed there would burst a gasket each if Harry were to turn up.

He won?t. Balmoral had bad memories for him after his mother died and when he was single and adult he avoided the place like the plague. So why the British media expect him to be grinding his teeth over not going to Balmoral is an absolute mystery!

Oh yes!! When William and Harry stay Balmoral during summertime 1997 traditional till Diana?s death but Harry and Meghan didn?t going Balmoral due he had bad memories after his grandmother the Queen Elizabeth?s death Harry didn?t see his mom?s body till funeral and Princess Diana?s body closed casket Harry wrote book about his mother the late Diana,Princess of Wales?s accident and death but it?s haunted for Harry

Prince Harry reveals his final words to the Queen | Daily Mail Online

Prince Harry lifts lid on Balmoral life in new book

Prince Harry reveals heartache at family summers in Balmoral | HELLO!

https://www.scotsman.com/news/national/prince-harry-on-paradise-at-balmoral-and-the-night-on-deeside-his-childhood-ended-3981660

Prince Harry feared walking in on Charles doing ?handstand? after getting lost in Balmoral | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

wannable

The couple made a brouhaha about going to Balmoral to the Queen's deathbed. Minute by minute reporting of their soap opera, just to end up (Harry) going in the evening in a Commercial flight.

Crazy behaviour - the me me me and only me think tank is strong.

Let's just make the opposing news about Balmoral with one more, shall we  :laugh:

Neil Sean today said that the couple were invited, M stated her conditions: stay at Windsor Castle, take a Helicopter for the day at Balmoral, back to Windsor Castle late afternoon or early next morning.  :teehee:

Curryong

I?m not going to repeat again and again what I think of Neil Sean, Lady C and the rest of the crew and their gossip. Just one observation. Why would Meghan wish to stay at Windsor Castle when she and Harry were ensconced at the time in their comfy home (not then packed away) at Frogmore Cottage, six minutes away from the Castle? That alone makes Sean?s story nonsense.

Nightowl

Quote from: sara8150 on August 08, 2023, 07:03:38 PM
Not your decision up to Buckingham Palace,Kensington Palace and King Charles and William,Prince of Wales to invite but King Charles is in charge to invite like late Queen Elizabeth follow traditional

Harry and Meghan aren?t welcome to Balmoral or Sandringham due what happened on Bombshell interview last December 2022 and memoir last January 2023 and more embarrassed for King Charles and Prince of Wales not necessarily for that

I never said the Sussex's weren't invited to Balmoral.......from my understanding it is the working royals who will be at Balmoral.

Curryong

Quote from: Nightowl on August 09, 2023, 12:47:03 AM
I never said the Sussex's weren't invited to Balmoral.......from my understanding it is the working royals who will be at Balmoral.

Like Andrew and Fergie, and their daughters and husbands?

Nightowl

Just what does Andrew, Fergie and their daughter's and husband's have to do with my comment as I did not mention them?

If they did get an invite they probably wouldn't go anyhow as we all know Harry does not like Balmoral, Im my opinion I think it is for those that are working royals regardless of who is going. 

As a parent you can love your children deeply till the moon stops shining yet you do not have to *LIKE* their actions and behavior at times, nor up with their behavior either.

And if they did go, just what would happen, most everyone in the royal family would keep a distance and mot talk about anything important for fear it would be in a book, a TV interview or whatever as Harry and Meghan Broke the TRUST of the family.  The Sussex's *BETRAYED* Harry's family TOTALLY, why are some people having a hard time understanding that?  A  decent person does not do that to a family what they did........... :fuming:

Curryong

Sorry but your implication from your statement which I quoted and replied to in my last post was that it was your understanding  ?. that it was working royals who will be at Balmoral.

In fact most of the family members who trail up to Balmoral each year are NOT working royals. Some, the Tindalls, the Phillips, and Prss Margaret?s daughter are not only non working royals but not royals at all. And Andrew is not a working royal and yet will be there, as will Fergie, not working, not royal. And Bea and Eugenie are non-working royals. All of the above are expected to make an appearance at Balmoral at some point in the summer/early autumn.

If attendance at Balmoral means only working royals allowed then it would only be a gathering of the Wales, Anne without her husband and adult children, and the Edinburghs. The Kents and Gloucesters etc go irregularly to Balmoral.

Nightowl

^ What is the big deal about Harry and Meghan mot going to Balmoral> He hates his family as we all have seen the last 3+ years, I would never go so some place I was not wanted, why suffer that?    Let him do whatever he wants in CA for heaven sake.  He doesn't want anything to do with the royal family so why push it down his throat........if he comes out and says otherwise then I will believe it.

sara8150

Quote from: Nightowl on August 09, 2023, 12:47:03 AM

Exactly!!

sara8150

Quote from: Nightowl on August 09, 2023, 03:25:25 AM
^ What is the big deal about Harry and Meghan mot going to Balmoral> He hates his family as we all have seen the last 3+ years, I would never go so some place I was not wanted, why suffer that?    Let him do whatever he wants in CA for heaven sake.  He doesn't want anything to do with the royal family so why push it down his throat........if he comes out and says otherwise then I will believe it.

Sussex will stay in California from overseas London 5,000 miles

sara8150

Quote from: Curryong on August 09, 2023, 02:33:13 AM
Sorry but your implication from your statement which I quoted and replied to in my last post was that it was your understanding  ?. that it was working royals who will be at Balmoral.

In fact most of the family members who trail up to Balmoral each year are NOT working royals. Some, the Tindalls, the Phillips, and Prss Margaret?s daughter are not only non working royals but not royals at all. And Andrew is not a working royal and yet will be there, as will Fergie, not working, not royal. And Bea and Eugenie are non-working royals. All of the above are expected to make an appearance at Balmoral at some point in the summer/early autumn.

If attendance at Balmoral means only working royals allowed then it would only be a gathering of the Wales, Anne without her husband and adult children, and the Edinburghs. The Kents and Gloucesters etc go irregularly to Balmoral.

Yes

sara8150

Quote from: Nightowl on August 09, 2023, 01:45:28 AM
Just what does Andrew, Fergie and their daughter's and husband's have to do with my comment as I did not mention them?

If they did get an invite they probably wouldn't go anyhow as we all know Harry does not like Balmoral, Im my opinion I think it is for those that are working royals regardless of who is going. 

As a parent you can love your children deeply till the moon stops shining yet you do not have to *LIKE* their actions and behavior at times, nor up with their behavior either.

And if they did go, just what would happen, most everyone in the royal family would keep a distance and mot talk about anything important for fear it would be in a book, a TV interview or whatever as Harry and Meghan Broke the TRUST of the family.  The Sussex's *BETRAYED* Harry's family TOTALLY, why are some people having a hard time understanding that?  A  decent person does not do that to a family what they did........... :fuming:

Yes but Harry broke trust his own family,his father King Charles and his brother the Prince of Wales not back to bombshells interview Netflix last December 2022 and also memoir the spare last January 2023