Beatrice and Eduardo's Wedding

Started by sara8150, November 30, 2019, 04:56:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandy

she could have a smaller wedding, maybe wear her wedding dress and she and Edo marry with only immediate family there. And at the later reception she could still wear the dress and host more people.

wannable

The Church of England has just officially announced weddings during this time is 5 people; priest, groom, bride and 2 witnesses. No matter what.

QueenAlex

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on March 19, 2020, 02:30:09 PM
It's harder for Beatrice, because she has to schedule around the royal calendar. They are checking to see if they can have a small, private ceremony (which would mean a big party later) or if they have to totally re-schedule. I hope they re-schedule to September.  If they do, one would hope that her wedding would be a priority in the royal scheduling for September. By November the virus is predicted to return. I feel bad for them all.
why is the virus going to return in November?  Is this an ongoing thing?

TLLK

Quote from: wannable on March 19, 2020, 07:08:02 PM
The Church of England has just officially announced weddings during this time is 5 people; priest, groom, bride and 2 witnesses. No matter what.

Thank you for the update. I am wondering if other faith groups and cultural centers which can see very large celebrations for coming of age ceremonies, funerals and weddings will take note and follow a similar example as the CoE.

QueenAlex

Quote from: TLLK on March 20, 2020, 12:05:44 AM
Thank you for the update. I am wondering if other faith groups and cultural centers which can see very large celebrations for coming of age ceremonies, funerals and weddings will take note and follow a similar example as the CoE.
that's the legal mininum.. 2 witnesses and the priest and the couple...

sandy

QueenAlex

Quote from: sandy on March 20, 2020, 11:00:00 PM
The date apparently has not been set or confirmed.
I thogtht it had been set for the end of May, and now its up in the air unless they opt for a private service.

Curryong

Royal expert my foot. A lot of RRs and Royal experts are no more than shamans and probably 1,000 less effective. Instead of raking over the entrails of dead goats they leap on rumours from inside royal palaces. Blind Freddy (as we say here in Aus) would have been able to state the bleeding obvious, that if Bea and Edo want all their loved ones, friends and family around and the BP wedding reception, then this wedding will be postponed, probably till next year if they wish to marry in warmer weather.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: sara8150 on March 22, 2020, 09:07:09 PM
Update news

Princess Beatrice wedding: Royal's new wedding date revealed by expert | Royal | News | Express.co.uk
Next year 2021 after coronavirus (COVID-19)

Princess Beatrice?s wedding ?cursed? as big day destined to be doomed after huge setbacks - Mirror Online

Calling her wedding "cursed" is not only extremely rude but also unfair and cruel. Of course her wedding is not cursed, and she has already had enough disappointment without someone making hay at her expense. Shame, RR's!

QueenAlex

Quote from: Curryong on March 22, 2020, 09:33:39 PM
Royal expert my foot. A lot of RRs and Royal experts are no more than shamans and probably 1,000 less effective. Instead of raking over the entrails of dead goats they leap on rumours from inside royal palaces. Blind Freddy (as we say here in Aus) would have been able to state the bleeding obvious, that if Bea and Edo want all their loved ones, friends and family around and the BP wedding reception, then this wedding will be postponed, probably till next year if they wish to marry in warmer weather.
Mabye they are fed up waiting and would like to get married quietly, and have their celebration in some months time when the crisis is all over. 

TLLK

Quote from: QueenAlex on March 20, 2020, 11:12:00 PM
I thogtht it had been set for the end of May, and now its up in the air unless they opt for a private service.
Yes the  date that was announced was  May 29, 2020.

QueenAlex

Quote from: TLLK on March 23, 2020, 02:45:51 PM

They have been unlucky.. but if I wre tehm I'd get myself married and have a party when it is all over....

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: QueenAlex on March 23, 2020, 02:53:27 PM
They have been unlucky.. but if I wre tehm I'd get myself married and have a party when it is all over....
That's exactly what I'd do, too.

QueenAlex

sara8150

Quote from: TLLK on March 23, 2020, 02:45:51 PM

We have wait and see till confirmation from Palace and Yorks for wedding date if this May 29,2020 dont think so!! But her wedding is postponed due coronavirus till next year 2021 stay tuned

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: QueenAlex on March 24, 2020, 09:11:30 AM
Now all weddigns have been cancelled.. so no chance.
What a shame. Last we heard you could get married and have two witnesses. And now...wow.

QueenAlex

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on March 25, 2020, 01:25:43 AM
What a shame. Last we heard you could get married and have two witnesses. And now...wow.
Yes things are much tighter since Monday.  All religious type services except funerals are banned, and funerals can only have a small number in attendance.

Princess Cassandra

At least she doesn't have to ponder getting married and only having two witnesses. Although I thought she should just elope, it isn't right if that's not what she wants, and they and the other three couples getting married are all in the same boat. (Although one would hope that by summer at least this will all be over!)

Curryong

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on March 26, 2020, 10:36:04 PM
At least she doesn't have to ponder getting married and only having two witnesses. Although I thought she should just elope, it isn't right if that's not what she wants, and they and the other three couples getting married are all in the same boat. (Although one would hope that by summer at least this will all be over!)

I think Beatrice wants a memorable wedding (as do her parents) so it's more that likely the wedding will now be next year, same time and place.

It's not summer soon in the Southern Hemisphere. We are going into colds and flu and bronchial conditions season here which peaks around July! Good conditions for this virus to thrive.

TLLK

With the new CoE restrictions of wedding sizes limiting the party to officiant, couple and two witnesses, I doubt that is the wedding that Beatrice and Eduardo would like to have and would likely postpone.

Also aren't weddings currently banned in the UK during the stay at home order?

QueenAlex

Quote from: TLLK on March 27, 2020, 12:26:42 PM
With the new CoE restrictions of wedding sizes limiting the party to officiant, couple and two witnesses, I doubt that is the wedding that Beatrice and Eduardo would like to have and would likely postpone.

Also aren't weddings currently banned in the UK during the stay at home order?
yes in the past few days things have changed and the C of E is only doing funerals.  Weddings are now off the plate.  I agree that they would probably not be happy with a quiet private wedding.. but it would have kept Andrw and Sarah in the background.. 
however now they cnat get married at all.