Princess Beatrice and Count Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi are engaged, wedding 2020

Started by wannable, September 26, 2019, 12:55:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dianab

i didnt know that being a stepmother was ever a law thing/matter. it's about affection and human relations not a piece of paper.

what about men in 10 years had 3 or 4 wives? what'll be the difference if there wasnt a piece of paper involved... the relationship will still be there. marriages also can break-up within 3 years or less... as it's more important than longer or same duration relationship? i know people who dont consider the spouse of his or her parent a stepparent as it's someone they dislike.

as for camilla, she lived with charles for years before getting married, not sure what that wedding changed about her personal relations with william and harry

amabel

Its not a big deal for goodness sake.  Many people who have steady or live in relationships with someone who has children are considered step parents.. even if there is no legal relationship... Its like calling someone "aunt" because they are your parents' friend....  Its not a legal relationship but many kids used to do it...

sandy

Quote from: dianab on October 05, 2019, 01:48:31 AM
i didnt know that being a stepmother was ever a law thing/matter. it's about affection and human relations not a piece of paper.

what about men in 10 years had 3 or 4 wives? what'll be the difference if there wasnt a piece of paper involved... the relationship will still be there. marriages also can break-up within 3 years or less... as it's more important than longer or same duration relationship? i know people who dont consider the spouse of his or her parent a stepparent as it's someone they dislike.

as for camilla, she lived with charles for years before getting married, not sure what that wedding changed about her personal relations with william and harry

Camilla was not stepmother until after the wedding. If people don't want the piece of paper, fine, but it still does not make Bea the stepmother, the media prose does not make it so either.  If there is no piece of paper, then one can just clean out the partners bank account and run. Camilla did not "live with" CHarles, they always had separate residences. She had apartment at CH but she also got to keep her residence. I doubt the boys considered her their "stepmother" when Charles was seeing Camilla while married to their mother and the years before the wedding.

In any case Edo's child has a mother so I think Bea's "influence"  is overstated. SHe may not see much of the child.

Curryong

I suppose in a few months there will be plenty of speculation in the Press about Beatrice's wedding dress. I think she'll wear a veil, unlike Eug, maybe her mother's tiara, and I hope she stays away from lace. Lace has been overused in wedding gowns in the past decade IMO. Something fairly plain and simple, relying on an excellent cut, small defined waistline and a skirt that's not billowing but certainly not fitted. Both the Yorkies have to watch out for unflattering shapes and dress for their figures. I'm looking forward to see what Beatrice comes up with. Wonder whether she might go for an Italian designer?

TLLK

Quote from: sara8150 on October 04, 2019, 04:05:26 AM
That exactly what I?m saying that!!

We have wait and see till wedding day will Beatrice kept titles from HM Queen stay tuned  🙏🏻🤞🏻
@sara8150 - Beatrice isn't going to lose her HRH Princess Beatrice of York style and title when she marries Eduardo.

Double post auto-merged: October 05, 2019, 02:17:33 PM

Quote from: dianab on October 05, 2019, 01:48:31 AM

Exactly @dianab. There are plenty of couples who are considered to be a "step-mother/step-father" by their step-children even if their biological parent isn't married  to their current partner.  In some cases, their step-parent may have played a greater role in raising them than their biological parent. :nod:

There are thousands of households across the U.S., UK, etc...in which this family situation is the norm. If Eduardo and Dara's son considers Beatrice to be his step-mother, then I don't see why it's anyone's business but theirs. :shrug:

sandy

They can consider all they want. But Bea is not stepmother until after the wedding. IMO. It's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. I doubt the kid thinks of Bea as his stepmother, he is too young to do any sort of semantics in any case. He has his own mother. I think Bea's influence is overstated.

I doubt the Queen considers Bea the stepmother before she gets married. So maybe then Bea can skip the wedding and say it's just a piece of paper. I'd like to see what the Queen would say to that. I also think Bea wants the marriage the ring and not merely  live with Edo. That does not happen in that household. I doubt Bea would settle for "living together," she obviously wants to get married.

LIving together is not a panacea. The man sometimes say he does not believe in marriage and the woman agrees, then the man ups and leaves the woman and marries another. Sometimes the piece of paper is important and can allow the woman or man to get a settlement and a fair custody agreement if they have children.

Double post auto-merged: October 05, 2019, 02:39:15 PM

Quote from: Curryong on October 05, 2019, 12:38:26 PM
I suppose in a few months there will be plenty of speculation in the Press about Beatrice's wedding dress. I think she'll wear a veil, unlike Eug, maybe her mother's tiara, and I hope she stays away from lace. Lace has been overused in wedding gowns in the past decade IMO. Something fairly plain and simple, relying on an excellent cut, small defined waistline and a skirt that's not billowing but certainly not fitted. Both the Yorkies have to watch out for unflattering shapes and dress for their figures. I'm looking forward to see what Beatrice comes up with. Wonder whether she might go for an Italian designer?

I think a plain design would be better. If there are too much embellishments to it, it won't look good.

dianab

@sandy your idea of being a stepparent isnt the rule, let alone a law. other people are entitled to their own ideas and views on this matter and others.

@TLLK Exactly. If someone considers another person his/her stepparent nobody is entitled to says otherwise.

Double post auto-merged: October 05, 2019, 02:45:52 PM

what the queen has anything to do with that? what matters are the relations between people involved in situation... what the wedding of charles and camilla changed her interactions and relations with william and harry? probably nothing.

separated or living together or married people needs a piece of paper when it's concerned to settlement of custody, who has nothing to do with the stepparent figure who has no power nor matters if the couple was ever married

TLLK

^^^@dianab-Since I am a former full time and now substitute teacher, I've become very familiar with these types of living situation in which unmarried partners are considered to be the step-parents. If the the now separated/divorced biological parents are in agreement that their current and unmarried partners are participating in the child rearing then they'll typically include them on the student's information as one of the parents/guardians who are permitted to drop off/pick up their students.
@Curryong-I've pulled up some of Beatrice recent looks and she seems to favor lace sometimes for her outings ie: weddings, Ascot, evening wear so I wouldn't be surprised if there is some lace embellishment. I do agree though that she will need a fitted waist and that she'll probably wear a veil.

Double post auto-merged: October 05, 2019, 02:53:31 PM

princess beatrice wearing lace - Google Search

Double post auto-merged: October 05, 2019, 02:56:38 PM

OOOHHH look at this day dress especially the bodice. Now this is a good start IMO to "design" her wedding dress. Could go with shorter sleeves or keep the 3/4 length. It's from 2015 but it is a classic shape that showcases a slim waist on Beatrice.

Princess Beatrice's Best Fashion Looks - Beatrice of York Chic Outfits

wannable

amabel

Quote from: wannable on October 05, 2019, 03:37:45 PM
In a few months she will be officially the stepparent.
well exactly.. I presume she does mean to go ahead and marry Edo.. so she will be the legal stepmother and will have its hoped a relationshp with the child.. since it seems that Edo and his ex share custody.

sandy

Quote from: dianab on October 05, 2019, 02:42:18 PM
@sandy your idea of being a stepparent isnt the rule, let alone a law. other people are entitled to their own ideas and views on this matter and others.

@TLLK Exactly. If someone considers another person his/her stepparent nobody is entitled to says otherwise.

Double post auto-merged: October 05, 2019, 02:45:52 PM

what the queen has anything to do with that? what matters are the relations between people involved in situation... what the wedding of charles and camilla changed her interactions and relations with william and harry? probably nothing.

separated or living together or married people needs a piece of paper when it's concerned to settlement of custody, who has nothing to do with the stepparent figure who has no power nor matters if the couple was ever married

It's not "my" idea.  I doubt the Queen would want a "live in" relationship with Bea and Edo and I doubt Bea would want it too. She spent years with someone who would not commit to her and it was 10 years out of her life. I think at this time she would not "settle" for strictly live in. She wants what her sister has. IMO.  Princess Alexandra's daughter got married while pregnant apparently it was not "accepted" for Marina and her boyfriend just to live together and not marry.

Some people like the idea of marriage not some "casual" let's move in.  ANd a few weeks ago I noted that there are lawyers who work with couples living together. Even if they don't like the piece of paper it's not a great idea to have a loosey goosey sort of arrangement and get some legal protection if the relationship fizzles out.

dianab

charles and camilla, ed and sophie, kate and will, eug and her now hubby all of them lived together for years before getting married. bea is doing the same, it is no news. because it was reported she's living together with her future husband for months now it's you who's spinning it in your own way. the fact that all those people end up married dont 'annull/erases' at all their many years of relationship or changes the past (and important people) that any of them had.... i dont know as any of their living together changes beatrice being a stepmother that only means she has a relationship with her partner's child...

sandy

Sophie was given use of apartments in BP but she and Edward did not actually "move in together" she had her own residence.  Camilla spent time at CH from time to time but she kept her residence at Raymill.  Kate lived with her parents at Buckleberry, spent occasional nights with William at his residences and as the time came closer to the wedding, spent weekends with him in Wales. They never officially moved in together. She was at her parents home most of the time. She could not "live with" William in the barracks. Although they spent time together in his residences, he still broke up with her for a time.

It was reported? There is no report of Bea and Edo moving in together on any permanent basis. Or establishing a home together. That will happen after the wedding.

wannable

Yes, I have read the news that the couple have been living at SJP apartment for quite a while.

sandy

He has his own place. He has the child. They did not even date for "quite a while." I doubt the Queen moved him in there. He has his own place. He has a baby and co-parents with his ex. I doubt in residences with Bea.

TLLK

Quote from: dianab on October 05, 2019, 07:20:47 PM
charles and camilla, ed and sophie, kate and will, eug and her now hubby all of them lived together for years before getting married. bea is doing the same, it is no news. because it was reported she's living together with her future husband for months now it's you who's spinning it in your own way. the fact that all those people end up married dont 'annull' at all their many years of relationship or changes the past that any of them had.... i dont know as any of their living together changes beatrice being a stepmother that only means she has a relationship with her partner's child...

Yes @dianab-Even Sophie/Edward, Zara/Mike, Peter/Autumn were like Jack/Eugenie, William/Catherine, Charles/Camilla and Meghan/Harry living together prior to their respective marriages, so it's not that surprising that Beatrice and Eduardo are doing the same. Since that is the case, Beatrice is involved with Eduardo's son frequently.

@wannable-Not surprising that they're over at SJP considering that it would provide security and privacy for the couple and on occasion Wolfie.

sandy

They did not "formally" set up housekeeping together. They spent weekends and nights together. Supposedly Sophie was given the use of BP apartments (not on a permanent basis) to commute easily to work in London.

Spending part of the time with a partner is not formally "living together." I disagree.

Why would Edo need security?

dianab

Quote from: sandy on October 05, 2019, 07:26:50 PM
He has his own place. He has the child. They did not even date for "quite a while." I doubt the Queen moved him in there. He has his own place. He has a baby and co-parents with his ex. I doubt in residences with Bea.
you are no authority over that. and yes kate lived with william at his wales home. and she had chelsea flat. as the others couples lived together too. it was even reported as since the ed and sophe days the queen prefered couple getting married after living together and really knows each other.

people living together dont always needs set up 'housekeeping together', many times they moved to place of partner and that's that

sandy

This is an opinion board and there is no "log" about how many days the couples lived in the same place. I am just as much entitled to my opinion as you are. Kate did not stay on any permanent basis in Wales with William. I read she would spend weekends there. He was in the military then. She did not set up housekeeping with William. She was in Buckleberry with her mom and dad. That is not full time Living Together.

The Queen never made any pronouncements about couples "having to" live together first. Premarital sex does not exactly equal "living together" on any regular basis.

Edo has a complicated domestic life with his ex having a baby I doubt Bea could move him into her place on any permanent basis. He had a life outside of Bea and I doubt his ex would want their baby living full time with Beatrice.

dianab

i'm not a authority. but i'm not spinning news about people whom i never met for whatever 1950s views or putting my views as the start and the end of it all

all i know about those people it's what i read

sandy

Women are move savvy today and I think if they move in with a partner. They want legal protection in case the man ditches her and moves out. The 1950s view would be women being naive and too trusting. And yes, some want the piece of paper. Bea of course probably spent a lot of time with Dave Clark and they had a relationship but he still just walked away.

dianab

and charles walked away from diana after harry was born, many other countless examples out there of people walking away from their spouses... exactly like they do with any non married partner

sandy

THe divorce came in 1996. Diana was the wife until then. Had she not been the wife he really could have left her. the piece of paper has meaning

amabel

what's the fuss about?  A lot of people consider themselves as step parents to children even if they aren't legally married to their partners.  And most young royals for many years now have lived with their SO's before marrying.  Its pretty well known. Bea is going to marry this guy, so if she now regards herself as the child's stepmum, prior to the wedding  I don't see what the problem is...

dianab

Quote from: sandy on October 05, 2019, 08:07:48 PM
THe divorce came in 1996. Diana was the wife until then. Had she not been the wife he really could have left her. the piece of paper has meaning
with all their differences, i can bet they sure disagreed with your view. the only thing 'united' them was a piece of paper. it's all over their books, phone-calls, interviews, in confidences that become public