Thomas, Samantha and Tom Jr Markle Family Chat Part 2

Started by Curryong, August 03, 2019, 04:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannable

At this point in time....Meghan did/is doing what Thomas Sr. Jr and Sam do, trash. It's very disappointing, especially to Sussex fans who are questioning and having doubts since this past weeks first revelations.

Curryong

That was in a private email to an aide, and in fact that information about either half-s8bling wasn?t used in FF. What?s more, the judge hearing the appeal became impatient at all this reading out of emails by ANL barristers, as all of it was irrelevant to the copyright and privacy suits.

wannable

It's all public now. And people are reading it. It's so nasty (just like her Markle family) that the feminism, maternity, compassion gone out the window.  Imagine being an employee receiving an email where MM tells the subordinate; Tell Omid she had 3 children by 3 different men, and all the other vomits going out.  Using staff in such a way, no professionalism, nada.

Basically, these emails confirms or tells a royal watcher newbie the character and behavior of the Sussexes. It's extraordinary (in a bad way)

TLLK

Quote from: Macrobug67 on November 13, 2021, 10:23:38 PM
And the trashy family saga continues
It's very sad and unfortunately all of the Markle family members (Tom Sr., Tom Jr. Samantha and Meghan) seem to spend far too much time and energy publicly  putting each other down IMO.  <_<

wannable

I wish MM was above (emotionally) it, things would be different. The alternative of no trashing emails and such... :no: :cry:

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on November 14, 2021, 02:45:34 PM
It's all public now. And people are reading it. It's so nasty (just like her Markle family) that the feminism, maternity, compassion gone out the window.  Imagine being an employee receiving an email where MM tells the subordinate; Tell Omid she had 3 children by 3 different men, and all the other vomits going out.  Using staff in such a way, no professionalism, nada.

Basically, these emails confirms or tells a royal watcher newbie the character and behavior of the Sussexes. It's extraordinary (in a bad way)

Worse than Charles authorising his friends, who were  unqualified in psychiatric matters, to inform journalists that his ex wife was mentally ill? And the newbie watchers would be told what Samantha and Thomas jnr have said about Meghan over the years. Dreadful things. Anyone trying to whip up any sympathy for SM would have their work cut out. As for Jason, he was all sympathy and compassion and praise for M in her emails. Don?t forget, KP staff had been having to deal with the Markle family from the beginning and that would include Knauf.

wannable

Basically, they have no real friends.  IF Omid was a friend, he certainly would tell MM that her emails conveyed to J to O is not good, but money making book and I bet he has more to write a second book with personal notes.

Note to mods: My comments about Omid are in line to this thread and the article link.  It's about Meghan's email about Samantha and the latter wanting to sue.  The email was/is intended for MM's subordinate Jason to convey to Omid Scobie.  :shrug:

Curryong

I would say that those who disliked Meghan from day one and made no secret of it are far from upset that ANL lawyers chose to publicise emails that had nothing to do with the suit. In fact I would say that they are all very happy and delighted, actually. And Meghan will still win her case.

wannable

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on November 14, 2021, 02:56:46 PM
It's very sad and unfortunately all of the Markle family members (Tom Sr., Tom Jr. Samantha and Meghan) seem to spend far too much time and energy publicly  putting each other down IMO.  <_<

Until the emails read out in court (private communications not meant for the public arena)  Meghan has said precisely nothing publicly about her half-sister, half-brother or her father.

wannable

The court allowed the emails to go public, it's all over the news.  :shrug:

Macrobug67

^ no probs bringing Obie up.  Just as long as the focus remains on the Markles and the relationships between them.  Discussion of the court case is allowed if the main focus is on the Markles.  Otherwise, if the focus is Meghan then the discussion should go back in her threads

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on November 14, 2021, 03:08:11 PM
She has to win copyrights as a min.

Which she will. Under English law a letter is in the ownership of the author. And I remember when the suit before Warby was going on everything the tabloids twisted to make it look as if Meghan?s case was going down in flames at certain points was discussed here as if she might as well pack up and go home. And yet she won on both copyright and privacy.

wannable

Thanks 👍🏻

Sam has a chance to sue (and win) if she finds a pro bono lawyer in London.

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on November 14, 2021, 03:24:11 PM
Thanks 👍🏻

Sam has a chance to sue (and win) if she finds a pro bono lawyer in London.

On what? Samantha has had children by different fathers. She has been divorced at least twice. Her children were brought up by others away from her. At least one complained that Samantha was abusive to her. None of them lived with her consistently until adulthood. She did leave high school without going on to college, as she left California and married young. She attended one college and graduated as a mature age student. There is no evidence of her graduating from multiple colleges.

Top flight barristers in UK courts (civil and criminal) do not appear pro bono. They have to be instructed by and are paid through a solicitor. I refer you to the media reports of what his lawyers are costing Andrew, and there hasn?t even been a trial yet.

wannable

Just replying about 'she has no money to suit or hire'  (Sam is saying that Meghan invaded her privacy, and lied) I really don't care, the only thing I was curious about was that MM did write an email about her sister wanting it to be conveyed to Omid.

Pro bono work is a vital part of the working lives of many solicitors. It helps people in the UK and abroad get access to justice if they cannot afford to pay for legal help. Pro bono work is legal advice or representation provided free of charge by legal professionals in the public interest.
Introduction to pro bono | The Law Society

PrincessOfPeace

Meghan Markle's father calls for Duchess of Sussex to be stripped of her title as he brands her latest TV interview a 'stupid stunt' which embarrasses her and the Royal Family.

Meghan Markle's father calls for Duchess of Sussex to be stripped of her royal title | Daily Mail Online

TLLK

Well to be honest I'm not surprised that he's made this statement considering the state of the relationship between Tom Sr. and his daughter. However it's not likely to make an impact upon British lawmakers or the Queen.

TLLK

From the article that @PrincessOfPeace shared. I tend to agree with Thomas Sr.'s account of why they went to Sizzler.  The chain restaurant is convenient and family friendly with choices that  most kids would enjoy. Plus it's an easy way to get some vegetables and fruit in them.  :wink: When my kids were young we went to Soup Plantation/Sweet Tomatoes as our top choice and it was packed with parents and kids. The industrial carpet was green with red tomatoes on it so you didn't have to worry too much if someone dropped something. You were in quickly and had your food shortly afterwards. It's why parents choose these places.

Also I recall in her letter that Meghan mentioned the iconic Spaghetti Factory that her Girl Scout Troop went to for different events. A bump up from Sizzler, but the restaurant accommodates large groups and has plenty of pasta choices at a reasonable price along with salad, bread and ice cream. It's the choice that any team/troop leader would make IMO. Featured Italian Meals - The Old Spaghetti Factory

QuoteMeghan tried to highlight her humble roots to push for paid parental leave by saying in a letter to US politicians in October she ?grew up on the $4.99 salad bar? at Sizzler family restaurants.

But Thomas, speaking from his home in Rosarito, Mexico, told The Sun: ?She?s never, ever, ever had to worry about anything like that in her life.

?We?d do the best restaurants in town and we?d do Sizzler because it was convenient. We never had to rub our pennies together and just have the salad bar.

?She had the salad bar ? but she had a meal as well.?

Curryong

When we had young children we would go to places that had the same sort of food choices as Sizzlers, TLLK. They appeal to families, being quite cheap, colourful, noisy and fun.

What is Soup Plantation? I have to say none of my children or grandchildren made a choice of soup for a meal until they were older, though I enjoy a nice bowl of homemade soup myself!

wannable

Her poor me salad reveal letter to senators is mad, when one sees it with this perspective of children eating green at fun places.

It's even crazier that dad Thomas is thinking of having his YouTube channel.

🍿

Curryong

There were no Sizzler type chain restaurants around when I was a child. However, as an only child I did go to Lincoln, London and other cities? restaurants to eat with my parents on occasions.

What did I have to eat there? Wouldn?t have a clue, except for one occasion I do remember when I had a colourful trifle and custard in a tall glass. What were the restaurants called? No idea if my life depended on it.

We haven?t all got laser-like memories going back decades, memorising each and every meal eaten out. In fact I doubt that my children would remember much of their meals eaten at restaurants when they were young except perhaps for pizzas and pasta.

TLLK

Quote from: Curryong on December 11, 2021, 02:17:09 AM
When we had young children we would go to places that had the same sort of food choices as Sizzlers, TLLK. They appeal to families, being quite cheap, colourful, noisy and fun.

What is Soup Plantation? I have to say none of my children or grandchildren made a choice of soup for a meal until they were older, though I enjoy a nice bowl of homemade soup myself!

@Curryong- Soup Plantation is an all you can eat buffet style restaurant that has an extensive salad bar and then smaller soup, pasta, and bakery bars. In other parts of the US it's known as Sweet Tomatoes.  You pay one price for your meal based on age with kids under 9 and seniors paying less. It's  always full of kids and families.  My husband and I had a routine that we would get the kids started and then go back separately for our own while the other waited with the kids when they were young.

Like  Thomas said about Sizzler, it's convenient and I  believe it's an easy way to get veggies and fruit  into your child's meal.

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on December 11, 2021, 01:44:20 PM
@Curryong- Soup Plantation is an all you can eat buffet style restaurant that has an extensive salad bar and then smaller soup, pasta, and bakery bars. In other parts of the US it's known as Sweet Tomatoes.  You pay one price for your meal based on age with kids under 9 and seniors paying less. It's  always full of kids and families.  My husband and I had a routine that we would get the kids started and then go back separately for our own while the other waited with the kids when they were young.

Like  Thomas said about Sizzler, it's convenient and I  believe it's an easy way to get veggies and fruit  into your child's meal.

Thanks, TLLK. It does sound ideal for families and seniors. I did wonder whether soups were featured strongly on the menu because of the restaurant names. We did have a restaurant chain here that was ?all you could eat?, but unfortunately some of the food was ?serve yourself? and I?m sorry to say some of the customers going through getting trifles and puddings would have made pigs look good. It really put a lot of people off (including us) and eventually it closed.