Princess Beatrice e Edoardo

Started by jerry4, July 12, 2019, 03:39:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oak_and_cedar

He's saving all his loving looks for the camera perhaps.

But on a serious note, I do get the impression that he's a bit of a user. IMO.

TLLK

Quote from: amabel on September 01, 2019, 02:05:34 PM
Yes tastes change.  The Charles and Diana wedding was still in the time that the RF was considered to have a certain glamour and this feeling began to go down in the 90s after the scandals, the divorces etc...and Edward had to make do with a smaller wedding at Windsor.  Now Charles' younger son has also had to have his wedding at Windsor.  There was a lot of grumbling about Eugenie's wedding and it was not properly televised..
It isn't likely that when Will comes to be King that the public will want to pay for a coronation.. nor that future generations having gotten used to a much simpler Royal family will want to pay for big ceremoines.

#1 issue would be security for the public who come to view the event. By the time Charles becomes King, I believe that there will be a scaled down ceremony at W-A but that the long carriage procession will be replaced by large motor coaches delivering the guests (BRF, British Gov't and Commonwealth representatives, foreign royals) and that the route will be as short as possible.

Most European royals have done away with carriage processions except for the rare royal wedding of the heir or a brief trip from the royal palace to parliament. The oath taking ceremonies which replaced coronations are typically happening inside the palaces (Belgium's-Phillipe and Luxembourg's-Henri) or at the Parliament-(Spain's-Felipe). The NL's -W-A took place at the Nieuwe Kirk but that's just steps from the Royal Palace so they walked.

By the time William would be king, the ceremony might be even more scaled down.

amabel

Quote from: TLLK on September 01, 2019, 04:17:23 PM
#1 issue would be security for the public who come to view the event. By the time Charles becomes King, I believe that there will be a scaled down ceremony at W-A but that the long carriage procession will be replaced by large motor coaches delivering the guests (BRF, British Gov't and Commonwealth representatives, foreign royals) and that the route will be as short as possible.

Most European royals have done away with carriage processions except for the rare royal wedding of the heir or a brief trip from the royal palace to parliament. The oath taki
I agree. Like now even Kate I think did not go to her wedding in a carriage but a car.  I suppose partly security reasons. I don't think William will have a coronation or if he does it will be a much shorter simpler ceremony than in past times.  Charles will I'd say but it will be simpler, less traditional stuff...(and cheaper)

Princess Cassandra

Did anyone else notice that they look something alike? If they do marry and have children, you can be sure the children will have large, expressive eyes. Their smiles are similar, also, as I look at the pictures of them both together.

oak_and_cedar

He has a more "square" face than PB.

He has this habit, like I mentioned earlier, of always looking intensely into the camera.

I hope that they don't plan on a broadcasting a wedding. Tone deaf to say the least.

sandy

I hope Bea is careful in her decision making

amabel

She's a big girl... Why do people seem to worr about her?

sandy

She only had one really serious relationship (Dave Clark) who dropped her. Big girls can rush into things too.

oak_and_cedar

Quote from: sandy on September 04, 2019, 04:29:59 PM
I hope Bea is careful in her decision making

Somehow I don't think so. She seems keen on being with Edo.

I wonder if she's gotten over the Dave Clark saga entirely...

amabel

I think she's moved on from Dave Clark... and it sounds like this is a serios relationship.  However in the present circs, she may have to opt for a quiet wedding.

sandy

She wasted time with Dave Clark who ultimately ditched her. She should have dropped him  earlier after years of dating and no commitments.

amabel

Quote from: sandy on September 05, 2019, 01:33:27 AM
She wasted time with Dave Clark who ultimately ditched her. She should have dropped him  earlier after years of dating and no commitments.
but she didn't.  She lived with him, I gather for 10 years or so... so she must have been in love...

oak_and_cedar

Quote from: sandy on September 05, 2019, 01:33:27 AM

She should haven given 2-3 years max.

I wonder if she's not compensating for her mistake with Clark by rushing it with Edo.

Curryong

I've always said that if an adult couple aren't discussing their future together after two years, that is talking about getting engaged or at least living together, then it can drift. After five or six years the romance can settle in a friendship. Of course Beatrice was very young when they started dating, but I certainly think ten years without a commitment was far too long.

sandy

Quote from: amabel on September 05, 2019, 07:23:41 AM
but she didn't.  She lived with him, I gather for 10 years or so... so she must have been in love...

I never heard that they "lived together." If they did there would be sort of palimony involved. they did not reside in the same household for 10 years. Maybe weekends and stretches of time. He wasn't in love so maybe she should have not wasted any more time.

oak_and_cedar

Quote from: Curryong on September 05, 2019, 10:04:15 AM
I've always said that if an adult couple aren't discussing their future together after two years, that is talking about getting engaged or at least living together, then it can drift. After five or six years the romance can settle in a friendship. Of course Beatrice was very young when they started dating, but I certainly think ten years without a commitment was far too long.

Ten years is certainly too much IMO. If she had wanted to give it a longer chance she should have given it a year more. So around 2,3,4 years in total. If someone isn't committed by say the second year, I don't think they're that serious about it.

It must have been difficult for her to realize that it was basically ten years for nothing. And the guy married soon after. So it's not difficult to be sympathetic to her. IMO.

amabel

amabel

Quote from: sandy on September 05, 2019, 02:12:01 PM
I never heard that they "lived together." If they did there would be sort of palimony involved. they did not reside in the same household for 10 years. Maybe weekends and stretches of time. He wasn't in love so maybe she should have not wasted any more time.
they were together for 10 years, I find ti hard to believe they didn't live together.. Most young royals seem to.. I don't know what this palimony thing is.. people live together without "palimony" in the UK at least....

Double post auto-merged: September 05, 2019, 03:13:34 PM

Quote from: oak_and_cedar on September 05, 2019, 03:10:14 PM
I'm not sure i'm following...
Why feel sympahteitc for her?  I have nothing against her but I don't know why everyone seems so involved with worrying about her.  She's a big girl, over 30.  She hasn't had to remain a virgin or lead a restricted life until she got married.. like previous princesses.  She has been able to lead a full life, travel, work etc...

oak_and_cedar

Quote from: amabel on September 05, 2019, 03:11:45 PM

Why feel sympahteitc for her?  I have nothing against her but I don't know why everyone seems so involved with worrying about her.  She's a big girl, over 30.  She hasn't had to remain a virgin or lead a restricted life until she got married.. like previous princesses.  She has been able to lead a full life, travel, work etc...

I'm not worried about her or anything. People sometimes make mistakes whatever age.

I mean I was sympathetic with regards to that situation. You can lead a full life etc. and still get your heart broken. That I sympathize with.

sandy

She has been sheltered in that she had one prior serious relationship and did not move on when she saw it was not going anywhere or the bad signs were there. She should have moved on earlier and dated others.

Double post auto-merged: September 05, 2019, 03:31:17 PM

Quote from: amabel on September 05, 2019, 03:11:45 PM
they were together for 10 years, I find ti hard to believe they didn't live together.. Most young royals seem to.. I don't know what this palimony thing is.. people live together without "palimony" in the UK at least....

Double post auto-merged: September 05, 2019, 03:13:34 PM

they were not "living together" in any formal way.  For instance If a woman is dumped after a couple has a formal agreement to live together, she can collect money (like alimony) after they go their separate ways. there is no record of the two living in the same place for ten years.

amabel

For goodness sake.. people don't have formal agreement to live together..  THey move in and sometimes they move out.  They don't sign legal agreements. and as for collecting money probably Bea would be the one who would be keeping him... Im sure she is better off than he is. And isn't she supposed to be living with ths Edo?

oak_and_cedar

I mean she might have spent some weekends at his place. But I don't think that she moved in with him. It would have been widely reported IMO.

I don't think she even lives with her current bf. But I could be wrong..

sandy

Quote from: amabel on September 05, 2019, 03:38:12 PM
For goodness sake.. people don't have formal agreement to live together..  THey move in and sometimes they move out.  They don't sign legal agreements. and as for collecting money probably Bea would be the one who would be keeping him... Im sure she is better off than he is. And isn't she supposed to be living with ths Edo?

Formal agreements are often necessary especially if it involves money and property. Many young people are savvy enough to have some sort of an agreement.

there is no report of her living with Edo. People don't always move in together they may spend weekends but I doubt Bea rushed to move in with this man.

oak_and_cedar

Didn't Clark live in NY? At the time she might have even had to asked for HM's permission/opinion. I'm not so sure that HM would have liked that.