Duke & Duchess of Sussex future engagements in the UK

Started by wannable, May 01, 2019, 02:23:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amabel2

Quote from: FanDianaFancy on March 04, 2021, 02:58:12 PM

Henrys new life is totally different from his old life. This brings us back to Netflix shows, podcast. He needs fans, yes, but the shows must be of interest too. The shows must be promoted , but not Megan n Henry. That Dianas son thingy, Prince thingy does not work here.
but clealry it does.. as that seems to be what Haryr and Meg are offering in their Oprah interview.. that Diana was badly treated and so was he and his wife and son.  And I dont know what sort of shows he and Meg are going to produce.. do you? clealry IMO they will use the "We are rebellious ex royals" card to keep their American fans watching them..and will use interviews with Oprah etc to advertise the shows.  But its been a year, granted an abnormal year and still no shows...

FanDianaFancy

:hug?:      Yes. I see your points too @Amabel2
So far, no shows. Yes, last year, this year and probably half of next year, things wont be back to normal, lol, 2016. 2008.
Yes, they claim tickets to fame  are :Dianas son, Race Card, and Rebellious Royals.
How many times , how many years are they going with this gig.
So far, it has been two years.
OprahInterview is bringing their autobiographical book to life now. Okay. Then what?
Americans tabloids of : People Weekly, Us, Ok, National Enquier, The Globe, Life & Style, In Touch The Star , The Examiner ( this has the great stories of things like Camilla n Charles to adopt alien baby from Mars), will run next week from OprahInterview. Amer tabloid , ENTERTAINMENT shows will run poor pitiful them stories.

Lol, these media sources, which are jokes, and this press is not hood. Gossip is hardly what you want to ybe known for.

TLLK

Now that we have a date for the Service of Thanksgiving for the Life of the Duke of Edinburgh in late March, I'm hoping that the Duke of Sussex and possibly the Duchess might consider attending. Since this is an official event, I'd hope that one or both would choose to be present to honor Prince Harry's late grandfather.

PrincessOfPeace

I don't think we'll ever see Meghan back for anything but there's a slight possibility for Harry.

PaulaB

I doubt he will come his is after all saying that its too dangerous to come here after all.  His court case is showing he lied about offering to pay for police protection there is word out that what he really wants is to get his international protected person status back so the American tax payers will have to pay for his security.  This with his dodgy businesses and non for profit (why the heck does he register them in Delaware  known for the place of dodgy non for profits as there only 5% of money in non for profits has to be donated). If he does come to the uk with the Netflix cameras you can just know that he will raise hell when they are not allowed in royal estates or in the memorial and he will try and do that.

Amabel2

He cant realiistically think that he can be followed by his own cameras, doing some kind of favouralbe documentary on him, when back in the UK, at least not at royal or RF events and meetings.  He must know that he cannot use his royal connextions in the UK for anything like that. 
I think he will only pay brief visits to the UK just to see his family or perhaps for a day or 2 of hte Platinum Jubillee.. and that may be why he has complained about his worries about security... it means that he will only have to stay for short periods and perhaps not bring Meghan or the children

LouisFerdinand

Princess Cassandra

It's often hard to figure out why he does the things he does or says the things he says. So often it is just so ill-advised. But I think there is just a chance that the bad publicity he has received in the UK may have led to threatening emails and messages, or just plain things he's read that make him feel that there are some who mean him harm. Between the two of them I sometimes just shake my head. He may also realize the damage he has done with his racist accusations - wide damage and not just to the RF-  and is ashamed to face his family. He doesn't usually show remores, but I suppose there is that chance.

Nightowl

:goodpost:

I feel the same way, after seeing Harry in that orange whatever he was wearing with sun glasses made me shake my head in disbelief that  this is the man now who used to be so joyful  when out in public and happy with is family.....now he is a strange pitiful broken man to me. I do not see a happy man with a loving family now.....he acts like he is in a horror show trying to get out.  Everything must goes his way or not at all and nothing is going their way at all these days...just what have they done for the world since they left the royal family, bought a huge expensive house with 14 bathrooms for whom.....visitors from the royal family ...Not! They whine, they tell lies which have been fact checked here on the internet(didn't they think that would happen in lying like that), they talk and make promises, Meghan shows up in every expensive clothes like she is walking a red carpet down Hollywood Blvd....talk is cheap and lies more so......I think Harry is terrified to face the royal family in real life person where is on the internet he can just disconnect them when the seat gets to hot to handle.

Curryong

Harry was wearing the all-orange outfit to publicise on YouTube the 2022 Invictus Games (which will begin in a couple of weeks) in the Netherlands. Orange is the Netherlands national colour and the IG, which has assisted countless maimed and injured vets, was begun by Harry due to his Army/Air Services experiences in Afghanistan and other places. The cause has always been close to his heart.

He appears perfectly happy with his wife and family to me. He was certainly looking joyful on his Xmas card with his wife and two children. The couple?s house was not bought or maintained with any taxpayers money so if it has a thousand bathrooms it?s nobody?s business but theirs. And the same goes for Meghan?s clothing.

Eugenie, his cousin and Jack her husband, visited their house in Montecito only a few weeks ago. Presumably she is still a royal, as is Harry, as they are both the Queen?s grandchildren, and are close to their grandmother.

As for what they have done since the couple have made regular donations to charities from their wedding day on. Harry raised nearly 3 million for Sentebale last year at a California polo match for example. The donations of money and goods over the past two years have been noted here on the Sussex threads.

Report below about the millions raised for Lesotho and other African countries suffering from AIDS and few resources.

Prince Harry Gets Back in the Saddle at the Sentebale Polo Cup | Vanity Fair

wannable

Mayhew announcing the end of MM's patronage with them.

Mayhew 🐶🐱
@themayhew

Our Royal Patronage with The Duchess of Sussex came to an end at the beginning of the year. It's been an incredible privilege for Mayhew to have worked closely with Meghan, The Duchess of Sussex, since 2019 when she became our Patron. Full statement: A message from Meghan, The Duchess of Sussex - Mayhew.

wannable

Gert's Royals
@Gertsroyals

Duchess Meghan has one official patronage remaining @SmartWorksHQ. They likely has the same 3 year patronage term, so would be reviewing the arrangement this year as well.

Since stepping down as a working royal, 2 of Prince Harry?s former Patronages decided to end their relationship at renewal @mapaction & London Marathon Charitable Trust.

TLLK

Please post news and discussion about the Duke and Duchess of Sussex working visit to the UK and Germany in this thread.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle land in the UK following explosive tell-all interview ? details | HELLO!

QuotePrince Harry and Meghan Markle have arrived in the UK for their first visit since attending the Queen's Platinum Jubilee in June.

HELLO! understands that the couple landed on Saturday morning after shunning the use of a private jet and flying commercial. Their children, Archie and Lilibet, did not appear to be with them.

Blue Clover

Quote from: TLLK on February 07, 2022, 03:20:50 PM
Now that we have a date for the Service of Thanksgiving for the Life of the Duke of Edinburgh in late March, I'm hoping that the Duke of Sussex and possibly the Duchess might consider attending. Since this is an official event, I'd hope that one or both would choose to be present to honor Prince Harry's late grandfather.

This is an excellent recommendation! A great opportunity for Harry and Meghan to rally around a family event.

Amabel2

but that's over and Harry didnt come to the Service for philip, did he?

Curryong

Quote from: Amabel2 on September 04, 2022, 08:35:40 AM
but that's over and Harry didnt come to the Service for philip, did he?

I think Blue Clover probably read the Service as an engagement coming up in the next few months.

PrincessOfPeace

A spokesperson for Greater Manchester Police confirmed to MailOnline that the couple's security is being 'privately secured'.

Police will NOT provide security for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle during trip to Manchester | Daily Mail Online

Blue Clover

Quote from: Curryong on September 04, 2022, 08:57:53 AM
I think Blue Clover probably read the Service as an engagement coming up in the next few months.

Thanks, Curryong! Yes, you are right.

wannable

According to Lady C, she said to not take any of the articles that the Queen, Charles, William and Kate are scared, troubled heartache, etc. with the arrival or MM's threats. She said the above people are prepared for the ''very long game''.

TLLK

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on September 04, 2022, 11:56:30 AM
A spokesperson for Greater Manchester Police confirmed to MailOnline that the couple's security is being 'privately secured'.

Police will NOT provide security for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle during trip to Manchester | Daily Mail Online

Thank you for sharing this information @PrincessOfPeace. So I take it that the Home Office  considers their upcoming engagements in the UK to be private events even though some are related to Prince Harry's patronage Well Child.

sara8150

I have agreed with @Blue Clover, @wannable and @PrincessOfPeace says on posts

Sussex wouldn?t no longer have automatic police protection because of no longer HRH and also security requests because Sussex must pay police protection for trips to Harry?s homeland of UK and also trips to country but not pay from Royal family also but HM Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Charles&Duchess of Cornwall and Cambridges have security 24/7 clock requirements for sake of security reasons protection of HM Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Charles& Duchess of Cornwall and also Cambridges due drama of Sussex but HM Queen Elizabeth II wouldn?t allowed that!!

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on September 04, 2022, 01:27:27 PM
According to Lady C, she said to not take any of the articles that the Queen, Charles, William and Kate are scared, troubled heartache, etc. with the arrival or MM's threats. She said the above people are prepared for the ''very long game''.

Oh, Lady C knows the Queen, Charles, William and Kate personally, does she? (In that case I?d love to have been a fly on the wall when she explained to Charles her belief that his beloved grandmother, the QM, was the illegitimate daughter of the Strathmores? French cook! A person who was never employed by them btw!)

I would bet all my savings that ?Lady C? has never had a serious conversation with any of the above royals. She gets her stories of the rumour mill, at second and third hand, rather like the RRs, except they at least get leaked stuff when Royals? courtiers and aides want some story out in print. I certainly can?t see the likes of the Queen?s or Charles?s PS?s hobnobbing with the likes of that individual.

wannable

The Sussexes probably changed their mind and will close their case with the Home Office quietly. They don't want the BRF to know any of their movements. They will never ever have any say of WHO of the RASP will be with them. Switching can and may occur whenever the RASP decide, so any of the Queen, Charles, Camilla, William and Kate's Royal and Special Protection (RASP merger of SO14 and SO1) can go to H&M for their once in a blue moon visits. 

During their Jubilee visit, their security was the Queen's, with a last minute integration of one of Charles security driver (due to the 15 min late to take the secured bus with all the minor royals), then we have Neil Sean who said a few days ago that Jonathan Thompson, Platoon Commander at HM Forces WAS PURPOSELY placed behind the couple at St. Pauls with orders to make sure the couple would take their seats at Row 2 Section B and keep a watchful eye on them.

Let's see.

In reference to Lady C's comment, I agree with her.  The BRF (the ones that matter) have been and are going to play the very long game. So far it is working.

sara8150

Update news

Prince Charles finds Harry and Meghan's jibes 'painful' and is 'bewildered' by their behaviour | Daily Mail Online
Prince Charles is right

Palace sources accuse Harry and Meghan of attacking the Royal Family 'because it's good for business | Daily Mail Online

Harry and Meghan 'lose final chance to visit Queen' as it becomes 'too embarrassing' | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Queen news: Monarch 'waiting for next nuclear bomb' as Meghan and Harry return to UK | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Prince Harry to ?deliver remarks? on Invictus Games but will not answer any questions | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry brace for 'backlash' on UK visit | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Inside Meghan Markle and Harry's UK visit - commercial flight and 'royal hide and seek' - Mirror Online

Harry and Meghan have lost 'final chance' to visit Queen as it's now 'too embarrassing' - Mirror Online

'Queen shouldn't have to face animosity from Harry and Meghan', royal expert claims - Mirror Online

Frail Queen on 'tenterhooks' waiting for next 'nuclear bomb' from Harry and Meghan - Mirror Online

Harry and Meghan are back in UK & arrived in Frogmore Cottage last night after staying in LA to celebrate mum's birthday | The Sun

Harry and Meghan are poisoning the last years of the Queen's life, they should be stripped of their titles | The Sun

Prince Harry and Meghan will get ring-of-steel security for UK appearance but no official cops amid protection row | The Sun

Meghan & Harry 'NOT expected to visit Queen on UK trip' as she is 'on tenterhooks waiting for next nuclear truth bomb' | The Sun

Curryong

The tabloid Press are constantly moaning about Meghan talking out of turn. However, if she didn?t then half of those journalists, commentators, ?royal experts? etc would be out of a job! They are constantly writing, talking, pontificating about the Sussexes and what they are doing, saying, where they go, how they are still breathing etc (always in negative terms of course.) Case in point, see above. The Sussexes? doings have kept much of the online tabloids in business over the last three years, so they really ought to be grateful!