Kate: Early Years and other patronages related to families & children

Started by cinrit, February 18, 2015, 12:48:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

More information about the SC Trust Forest School.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DoCFDeMXgAUNXXt?format=jpg&name=medium

Sayers Croft | Home Page

QuoteSayers Croft is a beautiful, safe site with 56 acres of woodlands, meadows, ponds and fields and has been providing quality outdoor experiences for young people for over 70 years.

Curryong

The SC Trust Forest school sounds absolutely wonderful. The nearer children (or anyone really) can come to nature, especially in the warmer months, the better, I say! Here in Melbourne's inner city there is a small farm for school children who can come and pet and look after animals they normally wouldn't see in their everyday lives, sheep, pigs, hens etc and it's proved invaluable over the years.

TLLK

^^^I agree @Curryong that these types of programs might be one of the only opportunities for inner city children to have a connection to rural life. So pleased to see that Sayers Croft Trust Forest School will be receiving some notice next week.

Curryong

Kate looked very well at her first engagement back. She appears at her best, I think, in casual and sporty clothes, and looks as if she has had a new style haircut as well.

TLLK

Yes I think that her hair is a little shorter than it was a few months ago.

Her trusty boots should continue to last her a lifetime with proper maintenance.

Blue Clover

Its good to see Kate out and about! She actually looks good for the mother of three children!

TLLK

AWWW. So apparently a little girl asked Catherine why there were so many photographers. Catherine told her that the photographers were there to take the little girl's picture because "You're so special!"

Kate tells a little girl that photographers are here to see her in sweet video | Daily Mail Online

wannable

Kensington Palace

Verified account

@KensingtonRoyal
The Duchess of Cambridge will undertake two school visits on Tuesday 5th February to find out more about the support offered to students, teachers and parents to help with mental wellbeing.

TLLK

This visit coincides with Children's Mental Health week.

QuoteChildren?s Mental Health Week was launched in 2015 by Place2Be, one of Kate?s original patronages, to ?shine a spotlight on the importance of children and young people?s mental health.?

The focus of 2019?s Week is ?Healthy: Inside and Out.?

?When we think about healthy living, we tend to focus on looking after our bodies ? our physical wellbeing ? through food, being active and getting enough sleep,? according to Children?s Mental Health Week?s website.

?However, in order to be healthy overall, it?s important that we look after our minds ? our mental wellbeing ? too.

?Our bodies and minds are actually very closely linked, so things that we do to improve our physical wellbeing can help our mental wellbeing as well. When we take steps to be Healthy: Inside and Out, it helps us to feel better in ourselves, focus on what we want to do and deal with difficult times.?

Children?s Mental Health Week runs from 4-10 February.

wannable

She's doing the yearly rounds for the Mental Health Week. I wonder if she will do a recorded video appeal this year?

Candid Kate! Duchess shares a family photo that 'makes her feel good' as she meets primary school pupils for Children's Mental Health Week
Duchess of Cambridge is visiting primary schools in London today to mark Children's Mental Health Week
Kate, 37, met with children and staff at Lavender Primary School and Alperton Community School
At Alperton she spoke to pupils, parents and staff - including 'World's Best Teacher' Andria Zafirakou
Today?s visit will allow Kate to find out more about the support offered to students, teachers and parents

Kate Middleton visits Lavender Primary School in Enfield | Daily Mail Online

TLLK

@wannable-Yes I wonder if she will do a recorded message, but didn't those usually air the week before the start of Children's Mental Health week?

Video from roundtable  at Lavendar Primary School.

Kensington Palace on Twitter: "The Duchess of Cambridge joins a roundtable discussion with teachers @AlpertonCS about pupil school readiness and

TLLK

Second school visited today-

Kensington Palace on Twitter: "In the Textiles Classroom @AlpertonCS The Duchess of Cambridge heard how the school uses Art to enhance children?s

QuoteIn the Textiles Classroom @AlpertonCS The Duchess of Cambridge heard how the school uses Art to enhance children?s confidence, creativity and wellbeing across the age groups #ChildrensMentalHealthWeek

Duchess of Cambridge greeted by cute pup and shows off family photo on school tour - YouTube

wannable

^ Thank you for the video.  I am going to give full credit marks to Kate's  Chief of Staff/Private Secretary, Catherine Quinn, ex Chief Operating Officer of The Business School Department at Oxford University and still holding position as a Director and Member of the Board of The Government Charity Commission for England, Wales and for The Royal British Legion. 

Full props because I can't help but compare and contrast that Catherine apparently listens to Mrs. Quinn @Blue Clover, who wishes and I do to MM would do, and perhaps the negative comments would decrease significantly; 1. the object or thing that the school asked KP to bring that makes her feel good, in order to discuss with the children's roundtable for interaction was an old picture. If she had taken a new picture, reports worldwide would be discussing Kate and her new picture rather than the objective and purpose of the visit, which the later is clearly being reported. 2. Let the 'spontaneous' things happen, like the school pet dog or when meeting and greeting the crowds during the duty, the children and adults that were outside the gates of the school who waited when she left the 1st school and she went to greet them and receive handshakes and flowers * or like the impromptu/unplanned moment the little girl was caressing Kate's hair the other day.  Those kind of 'me grabbing' headlines are spontaneous interactions that happen with the public rather than the 'studied' what to do with the official visit and their staff and beneficiaries.

I gave an example of getting out of the 'studied' what to do with the scope of what, where one is visiting as a representative the other day. During Kate's early days, her smarty pants comment during the BP exhibition of Faberge backfired, as the Press decided to take it way out of context (Faberge company exists, look at MM bananagate) and what happened, dear lord the majority of the comment sections everywhere were slamming and shaming the DOC.  :shrug:

Blue Clover

@wannable Yes! Absolutely briliant summary of what would stop all the negative criticism in its tracks that MM is receiving at the moment. Good preparation taliored to each charity and the population being represented. :hug?:  This is exactly what I meant in my analysis of Bananagate.  :thumbsup:

I do believe that there is a way to get this Duchessing right!  :friends:

Is it okay if I submit your name to Kensington Palace as a good candidate for a top-notch advisor to the new Duchess?  :hehe:

wannable

Oh  :hehe: ^ and get hired, that translated to my immediate demise from the Royal Insight Forum