Prince Harry & Meghan Markle - Engagements

Started by SophieChloe, January 21, 2018, 05:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

LOL Just read a post on another royal site and that person is  "disappointed"  that Guinness is not on the list.  :hehe:

Also realized that the couple are not headed south  to visit Blarney Castle. No lying on your back, backwards maneuver   while attempting to kiss a centuries old piece of masonry photo op. (Actually the handlers do make sure that you are safe.)

Curryong

Yes, I remember that very well, though I have to say it didn't give me much of the gift of the gab. Great fun, though!

TLLK

LOL I just closed my eyes when I was extended over the open space but it was over with very quickly.

Double post auto-merged: June 27, 2018, 12:11:28 PM

Court Circular 26th June:
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Joint Patrons, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, today attended a Board Meeting, 5 St Mary Abbots Place, London W8.

wannable

"Stuck with me" "stuck with W&K" are negative connotations. Harry needs to work on using positive connotations.

I'm surprised their communications team just let those negative pearls go by for posterity.

Curryong

And of course neither of the Cambridges have ever said anything that would draw criticism in any way, shape or form! And I repeat, anything  coming from KP does not place one couple or individual in the Foundation above the others.

Double post auto-merged: June 27, 2018, 04:34:08 PM

Quote from: wannable on June 27, 2018, 04:27:31 PM
"Stuck with me" "stuck with W&K" are negative connotations. Harry needs to work on using positive connotations.

I'm surprised their communications team just let those negative pearls go by for posterity.

It's a form of self-deprecation that is very British, really. As people who have lived there know. And William, under the guise of joking about Harry, has put him down often enough. Or is that not negative as its William.

SophieChloe

Quote from: wannable on June 27, 2018, 04:27:31 PM

Harry and Meghan are taking over your little wastes of space that is W&K and your can't stand it.
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

TLLK

Solo event for Harry tonight.  :windsor1:

Prince Harry joins Dean Stott for charity ball celebrating achievement | Daily Mail Online

QuotePrince Harry has joined his friend and royal wedding guest Dean Stott to celebrate his record breaking cycling achievement.

The newly wedded royal attended the Wheels Down Ball on Tuesday night to mark his friend's achievements and raise money for the eight Charity Partners of Heads Together.

The Duke of Sussex looked his dapper best in a suit and tie as he arrived at the event posing for photos with Stott ahead of the proceedings.

Curryong

And the look of love! Aww!

Twitter

I quite liked Meghan's look today. I'm not really into beige-pink but the dress was chic and I loved the bag and shoes.

What an inspirational exhibition. Wish I was in London. The Sussexes are so lucky to meet friends and colleagues and family members of the great man. I would be in that building for hours!

TLLK

Court Circular 27th September:
The Duke of Sussex, Patron, Sentebale, this afternoon attended a Board Meeting at 136 Sloane Street, London SW1.

Mike

Mark Twain:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."
and
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."

TLLK

Court Circular 13th November:
The Duke of Sussex, President, African Parks Network, this afternoon attended a Meeting at Buckingham Palace.

The Duke of Sussex, President, African Parks Network, and The Duchess of Sussex this evening attended a Commemorative Dinner at Kensington Palace.

TLLK

Harry and Meghan had two private engagements today. They attended a Mental Health Innovation volunteers? workshop at BBC Studioworks this afternoon and the Royal Foundation dinner with William and Kate tonight (thanks
@Gertsroyals

Double post auto-merged: November 16, 2018, 02:47:48 AM

15/11 The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Joint Patrons, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, this evening attended a Dinner at Victoria House, Bloomsbury Square, London WC1. 3/3

Double post auto-merged: November 16, 2018, 02:48:55 AM

CC 15/11 The Duke and Duchess of Sussex this afternoon attended a Mental Health Innovation volunteers? workshop at BBC Studioworks, Television Centre, 101 Wood Lane, London W12.

Double post auto-merged: November 16, 2018, 07:40:26 PM

Sussexes at the Foundation dinner.

The Sussexes

Double post auto-merged: November 16, 2018, 07:42:02 PM

Meghan's dress has been identified as Rouland Moret.

Samantha Salazar on Twitter: "#TheDuchessofSussex wore the Roland Mouret ?Aldrich? strapless linen-blend cloqu? Midi Dress for the Royal Foundation

Double post auto-merged: November 16, 2018, 07:42:31 PM

Sorry that should be Roland Mouret. :blush:

TLLK

Court Circular 21st November:
The Duke of Sussex this morning attended a Round Table Discussion on youth violence in London, co-facilitated by young people from MAC UK, Wallacespace St Pancras, 22 Dukes Road, London WC1.

TLLK

Cepe Smith on Twitter: "CC 4/12 The Duke of Sussex, Patron, Invictus Games Foundation, this afternoon attended a Trustees? Meeting at Heron House, 4

Double post auto-merged: December 05, 2018, 07:42:40 PM

Unannounced event for Meghan 12/5/18.

The ACU on Twitter: "Today we brought together university leaders, academics & #students to discuss how we can build a better world through #highered.

Double post auto-merged: December 05, 2018, 07:43:08 PM

QuoteToday we brought together university leaders, academics & #students to discuss how we can build a better world through #highered. We were honoured to be joined by HRH The Duchess of Sussex. Thanks to @KingsCollegeLon for hosting!

Double post auto-merged: December 05, 2018, 10:41:42 PM

Court Circular 4th December:
The Duke of Sussex, Patron, Invictus Games Foundation, this afternoon attended a Trustees' Meeting at Heron House, 4 Bentinck Street, London W1.

TLLK

https://66.media.tumblr.com/5d1c9fa2bdf5c63f51ec00ecf92ed8e8/tumblr_pjaobz9fuT1uh38om_540.jpg

Wednesday 12/5/18-Harry at the Walking Wounded reception.

Double post auto-merged: December 07, 2018, 03:19:27 AM

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Joint Patrons, the Royal Foundation, this afternoon attended a Christmas Reception at 5 St Mary Abbots Place.

Double post auto-merged: December 07, 2018, 03:22:14 AM

CC 6/9 The Duke of Sussex, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, today attended a Board Meeting at 5 St Mary Abbots Place, London W8.

TLLK

Kensington Palace 7th December, 2018 The Duke of Sussex this afternoon received Dame Jane Goodall (Founder, the Jane Goodall Institute).

Curryong

Several of Harry's engagements aren't announced much before time for security reasons. However we are coming up to the end of the year when the royals finish off their patronages' private meetings/receptions for the year. I think it's intended that Harry gets up to around the 200 engagement mark. Meghan, who's up above the 100 engagements total for the year, added one or two herself this week. 

TLLK

^^^At the big royal forum one poster who keeps a running tally of the BRF engagements said that only the DoY is sharing future engagements in the online CC now. It seems that the various Twitter accounts are also sharing news of only the future high profile events ie: POTUS Bush funeral. Meetings rarely are mentioned ahead of time. :xmas17:

Curryong

Yes, TLLK, but the online CC has been a disgrace in terms of keeping an up to date tally of engagements for about two years now, if not more. The person you referred to has regularly complained about dates being missed online, sometimes for a week at a time. She now uses two or three sources to check on things. Maybe most of the royals have given up on it.

Because of Harry's service in war zones apparently a decision was made ages ago not to publicise several of his public engagements ahead of time unless it could be avoided. There's also been a threat issued by a group of Neo-Nazis (which came to light recently in a BBC investigation) who regard him as a 'race traitor' due to his marriage. There have been other threats too, such as the white powder incident.

TLLK

Yes. It is a disgrace that the online CC is so pitifully managed. If the print version can be sent to the papers, why can't the online version be updated too?

TLLK

Court Circular 11th December:
The Duke of Sussex, President, The Queen?s Commonwealth Trust, and The Duchess of Sussex this afternoon attended a Board Meeting at Thomas House, 84 Eccleston Square, London SW1

Curryong

Another public engagement for Meghan on December 18th, a visit to a residential home for retired actors and show business people.

https://mobile.twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/status/1072793782704312320?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet