Prince Harry & Meghan Markle - Engagements

Started by SophieChloe, January 21, 2018, 05:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kritter

Emily Andrews Verified account @byEmilyAndrews

QuoteNEW: Surprise engagement for #Meghan & #princeharry in Belfast today for their Northern Ireland visit. (Details were kept secret for security reasons). I?ll be with them at their first stop @EikonExhibition centre to mark the second year of #AmazingTheSpace #harryandmeghan

Curryong

This was indeed unexpected, though security is always tight. A nice surprise, and Meghan is paying tribute to the Irish colours in her clothing choices. Very Spring-like, and they are affectionate with each other as usual. A full programme of interesting events. Meghan's getting some good little glimpses of the different parts of the U.K.

Kritter

Richard Palmer Verified account @RoyalReporter

QuoteAnother public appearance for the couple: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will attend the UK team trials for the Invictus Games Sydney 2018 at the University of Bath Sports Training Village on Friday April 6.

TLLK

Kensington Palace on Twitter: "Prince Harry is to become Patron of 'Walk Of America', the latest expedition from the armed forces charity

QuotePrince Harry is to become Patron of 'Walk Of America', the latest expedition from the armed forces charity @supportthewalk and will formally launch the expedition at an event in London on Wednesday, 11 April.

Double post auto-merged: April 06, 2018, 02:16:21 PM

Video of Harry and Meghan in Bath today at Invictus Games team trials.

Kensington Palace on Twitter: "Prince Harry and Ms. Markle speak to competitors watching the indoor sitting volleyball trials ? one of the 11 adaptive

wannable

I like the USA/UK patronage, perhaps the couple will be supporting different charities a united USA and UK.

The reports in all broadsheets and tabloids should be more specific as walking from west to east in the USA alone is much much more than 1000 miles. So stopovers and flight rides should be mentioned.

Double post auto-merged: April 06, 2018, 03:27:52 PM

In reference to their engagement today in Bath at the track and field, I feel sorry that most comments everywhere is unfavorable to Meghan's choice of wear, stilettos 5 inch heels.

All of a sudden Kate tube jeans, or jeggins or to the ankle jeans, depending which clothing site with short bolero or to the waist jackets, tennis shoes, espadrilles or block heel boots is hands down what should be appropriate for this type of field trips.

TLLK

QuoteI like the USA/UK patronage, perhaps the couple will be supporting different charities a united USA and UK.

The reports in all broadsheets and tabloids should be more specific as walking from west to east in the USA alone is much much more than 1000 miles. So stopovers and flight rides should be mentioned.
:thumbsup: :nod:

Curryong

The couple may support vets causes on both sides of the Atlantic, a good idea so long as it doesn't interfere with future similar charities being tucked under the RF umbrella. However, atm this just seems to me to be a natural patronage, considering Harry's past participation in and support of like endeavours such as Walking with the Wounded.

wannable

According to Omid Scobie @scobie in twitter:

Prince Harry's participation in the CHOGM 2018
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DaaxTCKW4AAryV1.jpg:large

TLLK

Thank you @wannable for sharing this information. As I understand it, the CHOGM 2018 is taking the place of a spring incoming state visit to the UK with so many Commonwealth leaders who will be in attendance. This is a good opportunity for Harry to become accustomed to participating in State Visits.

wannable

You are welcome

I believe April 19 white tie dinner banquet will be Harry, Beatrice and Eugenie first ever. The York sisters will be expected to wear tiaras and gowns.

Gert's Royals: CHOGM (2018) - Main Page

TLLK

As handsome as the gents will be in their white tie and tails, I will be thrilled to see the York sisters joining the other royal ladies in tiaras and gowns!!!  :happy17: :happy17: :happy17:

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on April 10, 2018, 10:36:54 PM
You are welcome

I believe April 19 white tie dinner banquet will be Harry, Beatrice and Eugenie first ever. The York sisters will be expected to wear tiaras and gowns.

Gert's Royals: CHOGM (2018) - Main Page

Harry attended the State banquet for the King and Queen of Spain. He received a Spanish Order on that Visit. Beatrice and Eugenie weren't present.

TLLK

@Curryong-It's been decades since a unmarried British princess attended a gala event. I'm hoping that since Anne and Alexandra both wore tiaras prior to their wedding that QEII might loan each of  her two royal granddaughters a tiara to wear!

Curryong

I'm sure she will or it will be a jewellers loan. However, I don't know whether the info that Gerts Royals provided is correct. I've been asleep and then out. Has BP commented and stated that Bea and Eugenie are definitely going to be there? I wouldn't be surprised that they are, as there are going to be a huge number of dignitaries at the dinner from all over the Commonwealth and royals have to be spread out amongst them. However, I haven't seen any official memo so far that lists the two Princesses.

TLLK

QuoteTHE QUEEN'S DINNER AT BUCKINGHAM PALACE

Thursday 19th April 2018

Her Majesty The Queen, Head of the Commonwealth, will host The Queen's Dinner at Buckingham Palace on the evening of Thursday 19th April 2018.

Her Majesty, accompanied by His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales, will receive Commonwealth Heads of Government and their spouses in the Blue Drawing Room, where the evening will commence with a drinks reception. The dinner will take place in the Picture Gallery, where Her Majesty will give a speech.

Members of the royal family in attendance will include the Duchess of Cornwall, the Duke of Cambridge, Prince Harry, the Duke of York, Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie, the Princess Royal, Vice Admiral Sir Tim Laurence, the Earl and Countess of Wessex, the Duke of Kent, the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, Princess Alexandra and Princess Michael of Kent.

@Curryong-They'll be present at the Queen's banquet on April 19, 2018. At this point in time it appears that the DoE will not partake in the event most likely as he'll be recovering from his surgery.

Curryong

Thanks TLLK. This will be exciting stuff and completely new territory for Beatrice and Eugenie. They may not wear tiaras. The BRF tradition is that unmarried women don't. However, many protocol rules have been broken lately, and we shall see.

With Kate out of action it is all hands to the pump, as this will be a big white tie dinner, William's third, Harry's second and the Yorkies' first. I didn't expect to see the Duke of E. I think these big state occasions are getting beyond his capacity to cope now.

Meghan may or may not be invited to some of the receptions, forums etc. It was expected last month that she will participate in some way, even if she is not at the CHOGM formal dinner.

wannable

I had forgotten about Harry's participation at the Spanish State visit. I can't wait to see the York sisters in this event. I do hope they are allowed to wear tiaras for this white tie banquet.

Curryong

Harry has been appointed President of the Queen's Commonwealth Trust, which of course ties up with his work as a youth ambassador for projects throughout the Commonwealth. It's due to be announced next week but he's on their website now.

About | The Queen?s Commonwealth Trust

wannable

Sam's tweets seems to convey she has spoken to Markle members, hence apparently Tom is the only Markle to go.  I believe we will see the Raglands in place of honor, left stage.

TLLK

Yes I think those maternal family members who have stayed silent about the entire event will be there. However I do have this little hope that a quiet and supportive Markle family member even if it is Tom Sr.'s third cousin twice removed will be invited just to prove Samantha WRONG! :D

Double post auto-merged: April 12, 2018, 10:07:29 PM

More details on Harry's participation at CHOGM and events where Meghan will accompany him.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DamMbguX0AMS8RX.jpg

Curryong

Yes, this is when he made his speech in which he talks about the 'woman I am about to marry' and how much he and Meghan are looking forward, as a team, to helping and promoting projects among the youth of the Commonwealth. I'm looking forward to this week, I must say, including the banquet.

Curryong

Meghan adopts the shrobing look beloved of fashionistas on her latest engagement, but Diana got there first!

Meghan Markle perfects the art of 'shrobing' at Commonwealth event | Daily Mail Online

Curryong

Day of World War commemorations on today. Australia related. Harry/Meghan and Prince Charles.

Anzac Day 2018 live: Updates as Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to attend London dawn service | London Evening Standard

Double post auto-merged: April 25, 2018, 05:35:09 AM

A sombre Meghan at the Dawn Service for Anzac Day in London. Harry laid wreaths at the Aus and NZ Memorials. A very moving service but it looks bitterly cold there.

Meghan looks sombre at Anzac Day service of remembrance with fianc? Harry | Daily Mail Online