Prince Harry and Meghan Markle relationship

Started by stepperry, November 02, 2016, 08:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yale

Some of you really need to give it a rest and move on.  Everyone gets it that you don't like that Harry is in a relationship with Meghan.  But your objections wouldn't make a difference to Harry even if he knew about them. Harry is going to do what he
wants to do.  He and Meghan have probably discussed all this, about what would happen if the story broke so they were ready. American black women are made of super strong stuff.  She loves Harry and he loves her and they will not let anyone to interfere.  Now just watch want I'm telling you!

A poster posted this in a recent post and I am going to back it up by posting it again:

"Harry can't win. He's better off pleasing himself and who cares what the population (who doesn't know her or him) thinks!"

SPOT ON!

None of you have a say in Harry's choices.

Double post auto-merged: November 25, 2016, 05:33:34 PM

Quote from: Vesper on November 24, 2016, 05:34:50 AM
"Who cares what people think"

That sounds absolutely lovely, but unfortunately for Harry, he's a prince born into an institution funded by tax payers so he ought to be more mindful of the company he keeps. I want him to be happy as I'm sure everyone does, absolutely. But all he has to do is find someone with some discretion, a person who won't use him to advance her brand before they even get the chance to get to know each other. Someone who's family is not yapping on about his nephew and niece that has nothing to do with them. It's so inappropriate and tacky. Also, Kate has already set the bar really low so how hard can it be. I like Harry, I really do, and to me he's the best of the bunch, but he needs to get his personal life together. You mean to tell me he can't find a nice girl from Cornwall or wherever,  come on...

This is Harry we are talking about...
And do you really think he cares about or would care what you have said above or if anyone agrees with you? No!

Kate

Quote from: Cat00 on November 24, 2016, 01:32:00 AM

^^

Why pitfalls? Is Harry by any chance an innocent kid? Meghan has flaws? Yes, everyone has. No one's good enough for Harry, if it depends on some people, he'll be single forever. People who judge others without knowing, it makes me tired! <_<
lol lol , with so many people on here with judgmental views, hope you are taking some Ensure or something...lol..  Personal judgmental views and opinions makes the flavor of the forum more tasty...IMO..

Kate

And do you really think he cares about or would care what you have said above or if anyone agrees with you? No!

« Last Edit: Today at 11:33:34 PM by Yale »

Report this post    Logged

You're correct in saying Harry wouldn't care what "anyone"  thought of his love life (paraphrased), HOWEVER Her Majesty, the Grey suits and the Establishment that are PR for the monarchy, certainly do care...so eventually, IMO, he will tow the line...

Cat00

These people think that saying bad things about Meghan will change what Harry feels about her. If he is in a serious relationship with her, then the fact that she is divorced, bi racial, American, actress ... doesn't matter to him, since he knows all of this. He likes her, the rest is blah blah blah  :P

Vesper

Since he's reading comments and getting all bothered by them, I would say yes, he does care a great deal. He wants to go the Andrew route, then he should go for it. This liaison just started and it's already a badly written soap opera.  :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

Yale

Quote from: Vesper on November 25, 2016, 06:52:07 PM
Since he's reading comments and getting all bothered by them, I would say yes, he does care a great deal. He wants to go the Andrew route, then he should go for it. This liaison just started and it's already a badly written soap opera.  :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

Don't even go there! It only bothers him when it comes to Meghan being attacked by racists comments etc.

Double post auto-merged: November 25, 2016, 07:53:48 PM

Quote from: Kate on November 25, 2016, 06:02:12 PM

« Last Edit: Today at 11:33:34 PM by Yale »

Report this post    Logged

You're correct in saying Harry wouldn't care what "anyone"  thought of his love life (paraphrased), HOWEVER Her Majesty, the Grey suits and the Establishment that are PR for the monarchy, certainly do care...so eventually, IMO, he will tow the line...

And if her Majesty had an issue with it, truly it would have ended by now.  I would bet odds that Harry has already spoken to his grandmother and has been granted permission to propose to Meghan when he's ready and that she doesn't know that he's already gotten permission.

Cat00

^^

He was annoyed by the offenses of the envious racists trolls. He didn't like to see his girlfriend being attacked, but that doesn't mean he will sway with what they think .... lolo lol  :lol: :lol:

Yale

Quote from: Cat00 on November 25, 2016, 07:54:12 PM
                ^^

He was annoyed by the offenses of the envious racists trolls. He didn't like to see his girlfriend being attacked, but that doesn't mean he will sway with what they think .... lolo lol  :lol: :lol:

I am going to laugh my ass off if a wedding date is announced or even an engagement. And when she walks out of that church with the title of HRH I will laugh again with happiness for them and I told you so's for this forum.

Vesper

His gf is a c-list celebrity. Give me a break. She knows how fame works.

Eri

Quote from: Yale on November 25, 2016, 08:00:42 PM
                ^^

I am going to laugh my ass off if a wedding date is announced or even an engagement. And when she walks out of that church with the title of HRH I will laugh again with happiness for them and I told you so's for this forum.
Honestly it would be only Harry's issue ... if he marries her good luck to him ... he will need it ... as for me ... I don't feel as strongly as you obviously do for my Day to change according to what stranger Harry does ...

Vesper

Why wait? start laughing now!!! And guess what, I will die laughing too at an institution that will be turned into a reality show. The entertainment value will be endless for me.

Yale

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/lifestyle/has-prince-harrys-efforts-to-protect-his-new-girlfriend-meghan-markle-the-clearest-sign-yet-that-hes-found-the-one/news-story/3ee2024d52318b6263c63ada67480ca8

I especially like this statement:

"Anna Musson, etiquette expert and director of Good Manners Company, points out that Markle is used to a certain level of fame, is discreet, poised, accomplished and hasn't embarrassed herself in the past."

"She says the "divorcee" moniker is not an issue because Harry is only fifth in line to the throne, behind Princess Charlotte. In fact, Prince Charles, next in line to the throne, is both a divorcee and married to a divorcee.

"Like any marriage, the success of this relationship will come down to shared values, principles and lifestyles, and it seems they have this in spades," Musson says. While she believes the British class system leads to some elements of the press being "insidious" and "cruel", she points out that Prince Harry has always followed his own instincts.

"He cares less about public opinion and more about finding happiness with a woman he can marry and have a good life with," she says.

So will this end in marriage? And, if so, what sort of wedding might we expect?

Royal observers believe that at 32, the Prince is in love and ready to settle down. There is no reason why Markle shouldn't continue working, both as an actor and a humanitarian, although Musson believes any wedding would still be traditional.

"Meghan will stick with tradition and wear an off-white gown, as is the etiquette, though they may opt for a quieter wedding."

As she concludes, there is less pressure on them to provide an heir.

"For this reason, they will have the wedding they would like, rather than the obligatory large-scale affair."

Cat00

^
Very cool! And I totally agree. Megan is perfect for. Harry. She is also safe, has life experience and seems to be a very strong woman  :consoling1: :blowkiss:

Trudie

Quote from: Eri on November 25, 2016, 04:10:37 PM
Quote from: Trudie on November 25, 2016, 12:34:56 PM
No Cam was a divorced adulteress as well as her husband each breaking up the others marriages. The big issue was the church and succession so before anyone condemns Meghan for being divorced that would be the pot calling the kettle.
For God sake ... this is not about how bitter you are about things that happened 30 Years ago with people you don't even know ... this is about Harry and his flavor of the Month ... there is no point of you being here if you have no interest in having a conversation about THE TOPIC AT HAND ... her being divorced twice is more an issue in terms of her not being able to make a marriage work than anything else given that Harry is a MINOR Royal who bares no importance ...

First off I am not bitter about what happened 30 years ago and yes you are right on one thing these are people I don't know and neither do you unless you are a flunky for the POW and Duchess. But you don't even know Harry or Meghan yet you are not shy about your bitter opinions regarding Harry and or Cressida. My whole point was you said wait till Charles gets his hands on Harry well my dear being divorced himself as well as his wife  Meghans divorce is a moot point Charles was able to remain Heir despite it all Harry will never in all probability never see the throne. Charles wasn't deprived of his happiness so why should he deny Harry his if this is what he wants.

Double post auto-merged: November 26, 2016, 02:52:59 AM

Quote from: Yale on November 26, 2016, 12:49:29 AM
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/lifestyle/has-prince-harrys-efforts-to-protect-his-new-girlfriend-meghan-markle-the-clearest-sign-yet-that-hes-found-the-one/news-story/3ee2024d52318b6263c63ada67480ca8

I especially like this statement:

"Anna Musson, etiquette expert and director of Good Manners Company, points out that Markle is used to a certain level of fame, is discreet, poised, accomplished and hasn't embarrassed herself in the past."

"She says the "divorcee" moniker is not an issue because Harry is only fifth in line to the throne, behind Princess Charlotte. In fact, Prince Charles, next in line to the throne, is both a divorcee and married to a divorcee.

"Like any marriage, the success of this relationship will come down to shared values, principles and lifestyles, and it seems they have this in spades," Musson says. While she believes the British class system leads to some elements of the press being "insidious" and "cruel", she points out that Prince Harry has always followed his own instincts.

"He cares less about public opinion and more about finding happiness with a woman he can marry and have a good life with," she says.

So will this end in marriage? And, if so, what sort of wedding might we expect?

Royal observers believe that at 32, the Prince is in love and ready to settle down. There is no reason why Markle shouldn't continue working, both as an actor and a humanitarian, although Musson believes any wedding would still be traditional.

"Meghan will stick with tradition and wear an off-white gown, as is the etiquette, though they may opt for a quieter wedding."

As she concludes, there is less pressure on them to provide an heir.

"For this reason, they will have the wedding they would like, rather than the obligatory large-scale affair."

Happy someone else pointed out the obvious with Charles and Camilla I guess there are more bitter people like me. :lmao: :lmao:

Kinkade

It's funny that people who keep saying "how in love they are" ALSO don't know them personally anyway. So we are all equally speculating here and giving opinions based on our observations. And IMO, Harry's statement was rash & immature and he was manipulated into doing it. And if there's just any bit of truth into the latest articles, Prince William isn't happy about it. That letter from KP screams Entitlement !!!

Meghan is an American actress who is very very thirsty for attention. And w/ her past + her family, it won't be easy for her  to get approval.

And if you think that the institution or the Queen doesn't care about people's approval and tradition, think again. Queen Elizabeth II has seen Monarchies fall and lost the people's respect in her lifetime. She's had to bear the scandals of her family and was hoping for a clean slate w/ this new generation. YES, they do care about their image & people's respect. I think William and Kate have been given leeway to have lesser work AS LONG as they stay together AND respectable. If you think Kate's past and family didn't go into consideration, think again.

The Queen has the last say, not Prince Charles. And why hasn't she said anything? well, maybe it hasn't been significant enough yet. Anyway, she's probably infuriated over how Meghan's social media seeking attention has overshadowed Harry's work tour.

and btw, please don't use the race card, I don't see anybody here using it aside from those who are in denial about Meghan's low popularity. Is race a factor? yes to some, I won't deny it. But from the comments here AND on British articles online , most are turned off because of Meghan's drama and attention seeking moves.

This whole thing have been deemed a reality soap opera BECAUSE of what she does plus Harry's stupid PR move (doesn't matter if she was a caucasian or asian or latina actress dating a prince). The premise itself is like a bad TV movie. And Meghan should've shut down her social media if she was serious about Harry at all.  (I saw that comment so many times over articles, so I'm not the only one who thinks that for Meghan, she is more important than this "relationship")

Yale

I wonder if Meghan can be styled with her own name?  I know that traditionally that is only for blood princesses but the Queen could give it to her.

HRH Princess Meghan of Wales?

I mean, William should not have issue with it as he is heir to the throne and Kate will be Queen.

Vesper

You don't know how any of this works, do you?

Duch_Luver_4ever

Well others will know more on this so ill defer to them, but it seems lately that the married men in the RF are going more by Duke/Earl titles, so im guessing she would have a Duchess-type title. As for her being Princess Meghan of Wales, I doubt it.

The media may call her Princess Meghan like they sometimes call Kate, Princess Kate.  But "Princess" and "of Wales" is usually reserved for the "properly" married direct heir to the throne. So unless something happens to Charles,William, George and Charlotte, Harry wont be the direct heir to the throne.
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

TLLK

No, she'd be
Quote from: Yale on November 26, 2016, 03:37:42 AM
I wonder if Meghan can be styled with her own name?  I know that traditionally that is only for blood princesses but the Queen could give it to her.

I mean, William should not have issue with it as he is heir to the throne and Kate will be Queen.
No she would  only have two options and they would be HRH Princess Henry of Wales or HRH the Duchess of ______just like any other royal bride marrying into the BRF. The late Princess Alice was allowed to be styled in that manner only after the Queen's uncle the Duke of Gloucester had passed away. She would have been known as the Dowager Duchess of Gloucester otherwise.

lapalooza

Quote from: Yale on November 25, 2016, 08:00:42 PM
                ^^

I like you like her but I will not count horses for wedding carriage yet. Certainly not with any relationship he had, similar thoughts regarding Cressida and this morning news by William, auch..he is perhaps the most moderate person of RF compared to Queen and Prince Charles, so I don't want to be a fly on the wall to know what they think about her. i guess they see it as a fling

Double post auto-merged: November 26, 2016, 09:55:39 AM

Quote from: TLLK on November 26, 2016, 05:59:58 AM
No, she'd be

No she would  only have two options and they would be HRH Princess Henry of Wales or HRH the Duchess of ______just like any other royal bride marrying into the BRF. The late Princess Alice was allowed to be styled in that manner only after the Queen's uncle the Duke of Gloucester had passed away. She would have been known as the Dowager Duchess of Gloucester otherwise.
No one of royal wives were made a princess, unless they use husband's title Princess William..and you mistake Alice as Duchess with other royal born lady called Alice, who was a grand daughter of Queen Victoria, she was entitled to be called HRH Princess, she was Alice of Albany and she lived also up to 100. Princess Alice - Wikipedia,_Countess_of_Athlone

Double post auto-merged: November 26, 2016, 09:58:59 AM

She cannot use of Wales bcs she is not a daughter or wife of Prince of Wales. It will be reserved for Charlotte, she is still a princess Charlotte without any predicate bcs her father is not prince of Wales yet. Charlotte can be max Princess Charlotte of Cambridge using old patterns but Meghan even landing princess title on her own what will not happen, see Kate's case, will not be not of Wales. You need to check those facts of UK peerage and titles. She could be..if.if.iff I use many ifs..he marries her, of Wales linked with Meghan, Princess Henry of Wales, that's all

Kinkade

many if's.... and basically, she's like the 3rd or 4th or 5th wife of Harry that the tabloids have crowned. So I wouldn't bet on it.

And I don't think HRH and Princess are even remote possibilities...basically,  I can imagine Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie would throw fits if even those are suggested.

Curryong

If Meghan married Harry she'd certainly be an HRH. Harry's likely to get the Dukedom of Sussex on his wedding day, so Meghan would be HRH the Duchess of Sussex. All Royal brides take the status and styling of their husbands.

Yale

I actually like HRH Princess Henry of Wales.  I like that better than HRH The Duchess of _________.

Didn't William want Kate be styled as Princess Catherine, and the Queen denied it, right?

Double post auto-merged: November 26, 2016, 03:26:29 PM

Quote from: Curryong on November 26, 2016, 03:19:53 PM
If Meghan married Harry she'd certainly be an HRH. Harry's likely to get the Dukedom of Sussex on his wedding day, so Meghan would be HRH the Duchess of Sussex. All Royal brides take the status and styling of their husbands.

I bet she becomes the most popular because she's different. Everyone is going to want to see her all the time etc, just like Harry's mother was. 

Kate is not as popular as I thought she would have become.

Curryong

Supposedly she refused, that was the story in the tabs. Maybe Will didn't think he was going to get a Royal Dukedom, which seems pretty ignorant as regards protocol if true. The only person in the BRF who became a Princess on marriage was Princess Michael of Kent and that was only because her husband, although a Prince, has no Royal peerage.