Prince Harry and Meghan Markle relationship

Started by stepperry, November 02, 2016, 08:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eri

Quote from: Cat00 on December 21, 2016, 02:38:03 PM
I think some people still do not understand what Harry feels about Meghan. It is not a silly "dating" as he had with the others, he wrote a statement to the press defending her, it is obvious that the relationship is serious. Harry loves her  :consoling1:

Double post auto-merged: December 21, 2016, 02:40:52 PM

Comparing Meghan's relationship with Harry to Harry's relationship with Cressida is ridiculous. He never liked Cressida, he was always sulking beside her. Cressida is futile, empty. :xmas1:
What? Given that Megan is an actress just like Cressida what does that make Megan? He never liked someone he actually spend two Years with? OK ... at least he wasn't ashamed of her like it seems he is of Megan and actually spend more than 7 Days in a row with her ... you are just projecting your own feelings on Harry as you don't know how he feels about Megan or how he felt about his exes ... this is ridiculous ...

sandy

Cressida and Harry are over. Couples break up. Maybe the two realized they did not have a future together and moved on.  If Harry were ashamed of Meghan he would not have indicated to the press they are an item.

michelle0187

Wasn't there an article from a US publication claiming harry and cress got hm's blessing to marry over a year after the split?

I'm sure any article about hm approving of any of the gfs past and present,  is most likely bs. Nothing but click bait.

Curryong

I don't think the Queen gives very much thought at all to the love interests of her unmarried grandchildren really, unless they become extremely long term and/or an engagement is mooted. She certainly wouldn't be signalling her approval or disapproval of anyone new or old to media outlets. On the other hand I can't see the Queen as a person who would actually forbid anyone from marrying either. She might be talking to Prince Charles about Meghan in the Christmas holidays in a chatting sort of a way, but I doubt that any decision would be made by either of them as to her suitability until Meghan meets Charles on a couple of occasions at the very least.

Yale

I will say it again, I think Harry has already met with his grandmother, they have discussed Meghan and has gotten permission to propose to her when he's ready.

Kinkade

Quote from: Curryong on December 22, 2016, 04:20:58 AM
I don't think the Queen gives very much thought at all to the love interests of her unmarried grandchildren really, unless they become extremely long term and/or an engagement is mooted. She certainly wouldn't be signalling her approval or disapproval of anyone new or old to media outlets. On the other hand I can't see the Queen as a person who would actually forbid anyone from marrying either. She might be talking to Prince Charles about Meghan in the Christmas holidays in a chatting sort of a way, but I doubt that any decision would be made by either of them as to her suitability until Meghan meets Charles on a couple of occasions at the very least.

IA, I can imagine her thinking it's beneath her or not worth her time to give an opinion when something is so new.

Quote from: sandy on December 21, 2016, 02:28:40 PM
What happens is up to the couple. It takes two to make a relationship. I don't see Harry as "dim."

I don't see Harry as "dim" either. Just a bit naive in that spoiled rich kid growing up in a bubble/protected environment way. It's a cliché really, you read so many of these stories from old rich families. And I personally know of families w/ these kinds of dramatic lives.   History always repeats itself, IMO.

Eri

I doubt Liz knows of Megan's existence or cares ... she barely seems to care about Willy who is the future King and how messed up and weird his relationship with his surrogate family the Midds is and their rise to "power" I doubt she would even entertain a conversation about Harry's flavor of the Month ... some are being ridiculous ... he didn't marry Chelsy who he stayed with on and off for 7 Years ... it won't happen with this one ... if he marries at all he will marry waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down the line ...

Cat00

Quote from: Eri on December 22, 2016, 01:30:40 AM
Quote from: Cat00 on December 21, 2016, 02:38:03 PM
I think some people still do not understand what Harry feels about Meghan. It is not a silly "dating" as he had with the others, he wrote a statement to the press defending her, it is obvious that the relationship is serious. Harry loves her  :consoling1:

Double post auto-merged: December 21, 2016, 02:40:52 PM

Comparing Meghan's relationship with Harry to Harry's relationship with Cressida is ridiculous. He never liked Cressida, he was always sulking beside her. Cressida is futile, empty. :xmas1:
What? Given that Megan is an actress just like Cressida what does that make Megan? He never liked someone he actually spend two Years with? OK ... at least he wasn't ashamed of her like it seems he is of Megan and actually spend more than 7 Days in a row with her ... you are just projecting your own feelings on Harry as you don't know how he feels about Megan or how he felt about his exes ... this is ridiculous ...

I'm not projecting anything. Anyone who has the least intelligence, has realized that Harry likes Meghan and treats her differently than other girlfriends.
Is Harry ashamed of Meghan?  never saw more ridiculous and absurd comment!   :xmas1: :xmas1:If he had ashamed of her, he would not have assumed to the whole world that they are together, He would have kept the affair a secret  :lol: :lol:And why would he be ashamed of her? She is beautiful, intelligent, has content ... is not an idiot girl, airhead like other... :hehe:

Double post auto-merged: December 22, 2016, 02:35:25 PM

Compare Harry's relationship with Chelsy with Harry's relationship with Meghan is another absurd one! When he dated Chelsy he was a boy, he should not even think of marriage. Now he's a 32-year-old man and is dating a woman of 35 ...
pearl of wisdom  :xmas21: :xmas21: :xmas1: :xmas1:

Minerva

Initially I thought MM ticked all the boxes - at least on paper - however having read her stepsister's account, the story of MM's father going bankrupt without any offer of assistance from his daughter, the fables posted from people who have worked with and alongside MM in short having dug deeper I'm seeing the cracks appearing in the perfect PR facade.

As a Republican truly I couldn't ask for anyone better there will be a lot of drama and in the ensuing cataclysm a lot more questions asked thoughtfully and with humility by the people concerning the legitimacy of a Constitutional Monarchy.

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. -George Orwell

live your truth there is nothing to fear, you live your fear you fear life.

Death is not a sport, nor is hunting. ... Ahimsa

Eri

^^ To assume they will marry just because of how old they are is not a "pearl of wisdom"  just saying ... besides ... Harry is mentally 20 ... I bet you Harry would have LOVED to have kept it all a secret but someone LEAKED it to the press and then got the lawyers involved ... a relationship who begins like that can never end well ... he was seeing someone else before she leaked the whatever they had to the press and then created a huge drama with LAWYERS in Town which lead to the ignorant statement ...

LadyLenox

Minerva what are you talking about? Didn't you hear her half sisters OWN family dislikes her...Called her a liar...Meghan JUST spent Thanksgiving with both of her parents so I doubt she isn't supporting them.Bankruptcy doesn't mean you are poor...

Minerva

QuoteMeghan Markle's half-sister claims Prince Harry 'would be appalled' by behaviour | Daily Mail Online

I have very firm opinions on the subject @LadyLenox as apparently do you so I'm afraid we will have to agree to disagree at this juncture. I am not attempting to sway your judgement and neither shall my judgement be swayed in the direction of supporting MM.  Also I'm not here to judge Samantha's character as she will not be taxpayer funded unlike her sibling should she join the firm plus I find argumentum ad homiem attacks to be banal.

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. -George Orwell

Trudie

Quote from: LadyLenox on December 22, 2016, 05:04:28 PM
Minerva what are you talking about? Didn't you hear her half sisters OWN family dislikes her...Called her a liar...Meghan JUST spent Thanksgiving with both of her parents so I doubt she isn't supporting them.Bankruptcy doesn't mean you are poor...

I read that as well. The one sister sounds extremely jealous and bitter that her sister has success. It seems she expects Meghan to help her out of her own miserable life and selling these stories to enrich herself.

royalanthropologist

Quote from: Trudie on December 22, 2016, 05:54:16 PM
Quote from: LadyLenox on December 22, 2016, 05:04:28 PM

I read that as well. The one sister sounds extremely jealous and bitter that her sister has success. It seems she expects Meghan to help her out of her own miserable life and selling these stories to enrich herself.
With half sisters like that, who needs enemies? I really hate it when family members do the dirty on celebrities just because the gutter press dangle dollars. There is such a thing as privacy and family loyalty. Anyway it seems the dear prince is hooked so they are just alienating their sister for no good cause :hehe:
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

Minerva

LadyLenox

Meghan never asked Piers to out their private conversation...Everyone wants a piece and relationship with Meghan now that she is a Royal Gf...People who saw her is passing will claim to know her personally now,that's just the way it is.If anyone is seeking attention it's Samantha...Her name was Samantha Grant on Twitter and when the news of PH and Meghan came back suddenly she was Samantha G Markle...Her own family won't talk to her and she follows royal Twitter accounts because she wants a piece of the pie...Meghan is just dating a Prince and even she probably doesn't see him that way,she was already successful before Harry.I'm positive PH and Meghan's relationship is built on love,not attention or rising status...She doesn't see a title she loves and wants the man.

Kinkade

Quote from: Minerva on December 22, 2016, 06:07:06 PM
I always thought the saying to be 'What's good for the goose is good for the gander'. If MM stands to profit by association why not her siblings?

MAC ON... Prince Harry and Meghan Markle  | Daily Mail Online

Meghan Markle opens up to PIERS MORGAN about dating and death threats | Daily Mail Online

Piers Morgan reveals his friendship with Meghan Markle

I always thought that cartoon was such an accurate description of the whole drama Meghan draw up w/ her lawyers.

But it seems another thirsty celebrity is Piers Morgan. I've always wondered what he's been doing since he left CNN. I can still remember watching his last message on his last episode on CNN Live. Very dramatic and full of himself. JMO.

Minerva

It's quite impossible to say what MM's motives are without being MM. As actions speak louder than words I think it's easy to surmise though.

Inside the Suits' fashion closet with actress Meghan Markle - YouTube

Burberry, Carolina Herrera, totally down to earth brands those are.

PH on the other hand has made it abundantly clear how 'serious' he is about the relationship through his actions and not his words:

Prince Harry secretly dated English model while wooing Meghan Markle | Daily Mail Online

@Kinkade the whole thing is a showmance IMO carefully staged in the beginning months in the planning but not so carefully managed as it falls apart at the seams.

sandy

This was back in November. Harry never spoke of the model publicly as his girlfriend.

Eri

^ If he was interested in the model even though he had already something going on with Megan it shows Megan isn't as special as some want to believe ... she saw Harry is the type who gets bored easily and moves on from one to the next and she created a big drama with lawyers in Town and used the race card creating a "us against the World" scenario to keep him interested ... what she got about Harry is that he is mentally a teenager who will rebel if someone tells him what to do and used that in her favor ... it won't for for much longer though ... it will end the minute she asks for any type of commitment ...

LadyLenox

Harry is known to date around until he finds a serious relationship...That's just Harry.He is sticking with Meghan.

Cat00

The important thing is that now Harry is dating Meghan and took over the relationship for the whole world, the model and ex girlfriends IS PAST  :hi: :P

Eri

^ So will Megan ... soon ... no way this will last ... she knows it too that is why she is milking it for all that is worth ...

sandy

Only she knows what she knows. The rest is speculation.