Monarchies of the World: Articles from 2006-2008

Started by PrincessPreppy, April 22, 2003, 06:43:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

riley

Oh they grow up so fast! It seems like just yesterday that they were announcing her birth...oh well. Cheers.
"Nobody can make you feel inferior with out your permission." ~Eleanor Roosevelt

"I wanna be so close to Heaven I see Angels..."~Sugarland

riley

"Nobody can make you feel inferior with out your permission." ~Eleanor Roosevelt

"I wanna be so close to Heaven I see Angels..."~Sugarland

Lila the Flirt

Flirt's the name, flirtin's my game :lila:

Wombat

EMIR OF KUWAIT DIES  ~ Daily REcord

QuoteTHE Emir of Kuwait has died aged 79, it was announced yesterday.

Lila the Flirt

:blink: I thought he died last week!  :blink:

Windsor

No, the one that died last week was the one of the United Arab Emirates

Lila the Flirt

Oh.  :blush:  :happy: :happy: I remembered the Emir part. Thanks winds!  :hug:

lovisa

Does anyone know when Prince Sverre Magnus vill be christened? or have I missed it already?

Maryite #0007

Jenee

Monsters and Critics

QuoteBangkok - Balukaluwa village in Thailand's troubled deep South will hold a competition in March to choose a craftsman to make a 'kris,' the traditional dagger of Indonesia and Malaysia, for the Thai king and queen, a news report said Sunday.

QuoteThe kris is better known in Malaysia and Indonesia, where the dagger is prized for its alleged magical powers and the beauty of designs on the blade, usually using three different metals.

Some Krises

Bali Ladrang Kris
Filipino Kris Sword
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

Wombat

Pakistani president to meet king in Norway ~ News From Russia

QuotePakistani President Gen. Pervez Musharraf arrives in Norway on Monday for an official visit to promote economic cooperation and thank the government for relief aid to survivors of the Oct. 8, 2005, earthquake. During the three-day visit, at the invitation of Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg, Musharraf will hold talks with Stoltenberg and meet King Harald and the Speaker of Parliament Thorbjorn Jagland.

Jenee

"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

Wombat

Wanted: prince to rule village ~ Timesonline

QuoteWanted: prince to rule village
Harry..and I'l be his CP :hug:

Wombat

Temple gives up statue of ancient Egyptian queen ~ CNN

QuoteA Johns Hopkins University archaeological team has unearthed a statue of Queen Ti, one of the most important women in ancient Egypt and wife of Pharaoh Amenhotep III, Egypt's Supreme Council of Antiquities announced Monday

Wombat

Emir expected to step down ~ Timesonline

QuoteThe new Emir of Kuwait is likely to abdicate today under a deal negotiated within the ruling family because he is too ill to govern

SHEIKH SAAD AGREES TO ABDICATe ~ Arab Times

QuoteThe two pillars of the Ruling Family HH Sheikh Salem Al-Ali and HH the Prime Minister Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmed Al-Sabah Monday reached an agreement that HH the Amir Sheikh Saad Al-Abdullah Al-Salem Al-Sabah will abdicate to pave the way for Sheikh Sabah to become the Amir with no need to go through any constitutional procedure, sources told Al-Seyassah

Royal hush  ~ The Guardian

QuoteUncertainty over the condition of Kuwait's new emir reflects a tendency to keep rulers' ill-health shrouded in secrecy

Wombat

Saudi king concludes China visit ~ People's Daily

QuoteKing of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Abdullah bin Abdul-Aziz left Beijing on Tuesday afternoon, concluding his first state visit to China

King Abdullah signs key energy pact with China ~ Gulf Daily News

QuoteChina and Saudi Arabia signed an energy co-operation agreement yesterday during a landmark visit by Custodian of The Two Holy Mosques King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz Al Saud that both sides said would usher in an era of closer economic ties

Wombat

Elaborate security in Delhi for Saudi king's visit ~ Times Of India

QuoteThousands of policemen and paramilitary troopers are keeping a strict vigil in the Indian capital, with a tight security blanket thrown on the city for the Republic Day celebrations and the Saudi king's visit.

Saudi King's visit raises expectations  ~ The Hindu

QuoteThe visit of Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz to India has raised high expectations among the intelligentsia of the six Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries, who see it as a path-breaking event that would set the course of a new round of engagement between the oil rich region and New Delhi

Wombat

Thailand's Princess Maha Given Award ~ Female FIrst

QuoteThailand's Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn has been presented with a prestigious award for helping disadvantaged citizens

Wombat

Norway's newborn prince to be christened March 4 ~ People, Monsters & Critics

QuoteThe newborn son of Norwegian Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit will be christened March 4, the palace announced Tuesday

Wombat

Princess in print ~ The Nation

QuotePrincess Ubolratana yesterday released a quarterly magazine To Be Number One in a bid to strengthen her anti-drug campaign among teenagers under the same name

Wombat

Princess Urges Control Over Illegal Hunting Of Wildlife ~ TMC Net

QuoteA noted conservationist and member of the Royal Family has urged the state environmental agency to implement stricter wildlife protection and investigate the beheading of three gaurs in Kui Buri National Park last year, The Nation reports

Wombat

Government to organize grand exhibition to honor HM King  ~ TNA English News

QuoteA major exhibition about Thailand's revered monarch, His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej, activities, which have greatly helped improved the livelihood of the Thai people, will be held in May to commemorate His Majesty the King's 60th year on the throne,  Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra said

Wombat

King's health raises concern about future ~ Washinton Times

QuoteConcern about the royal succession in Thailand grows each day as the health of revered King Bhumibol Adulyadej, 78, becomes more precarious and the need for his guiding hand seems greater

Windsor

The Muslim world is at a "critical crossroad of self examination and self definition" as it faces headlines of misconception and misunderstanding around the world, propagated by an extremist minority

News

Wombat

No possibility of reconciliation between King and parties: Rana ~ Nepal News

QuoteChairman of Rastriya Prajatantra Party (RPP), Pashupati Shamsher Rana, has said there is no possibility of immediate reconciliation between the protesting political parties and King in the near future.