Princess Beatrice dodges ferry queues by hitching a lift with the navy

Started by PrincessOfPeace, June 27, 2014, 10:28:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessOfPeace

QuoteMost people on a day trip to enjoy the picturesque beauty of the Isle of Wight would hop on a ferry.

But when Princess Beatrice paid a visit she avoided the queues and bustle of Portsmouth sea terminal – not to mention a £17.20 return fare – by hitching a ride with the Royal Navy.

The 25-year-old's decision to hop aboard HMS Ranger, an Archer-class patrol boat, when she travelled to the island last week raised eyebrows, with one resident saying: 'Why couldn't she come on the ferry like everyone else?'

It is not known whether Prince Andrew, a former Navy Commander, pulled any strings to help his daughter hitch a lift, but insiders were quick to insist that the boat-ride did not place an additional burden on the taxpayer.
More: Princess Beatrice dodges ferry queues by hitching a lift with the navy | Mail Online

wannable

QuoteThe 25-year-old's decision to hop aboard HMS Ranger, an Archer-class patrol boat, when she travelled to the island last week raised eyebrows, with one resident saying: 'Why couldn't she come on the ferry like everyone else?'

Because she's kidnap-able, etc.

duchesschicana

The HMS Ranger/Royal Navy always trains at Isle Of Wight Cowes, I don't see How Princess Beatrice could have added any tax burden of any sort to British Civilians, doesn't make sense. Plus ,the Isle of Wight visit was arranged by a Lord Lieutenant  from start to finish that includes arranging transportation for royals. it was a Lord Lieutenant's choice to have Princess Beatrice transported by the royal navy not her, besides I think a Lord Lieutenant  would know what he was doing I don't think he would add any unnecessary tax burden to civilians .  This is the dailymail creating unnecessary drama and not doing their research

TLLK

Limabeany

"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Eri

^ They are Princesses in line to be Queen of England they are going to be treated a certain way  :shrug: ...

Limabeany

"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

TLLK

I believe that the York princesses will each find a career that allows them to participate in royal life in a limited way.

SophieChloe

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me