HSH Princess Charlene of Monaco Expecting First Child

Started by Ladybee, May 30, 2014, 03:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SophieChloe

^  :hug:  There is a thread somewhere discussing the different sayings we have.....I'll see if I can find it and resurrect it. 

Quote from: Curryong on May 31, 2014, 01:13:42 PM
Is it 'like a band-aid solution' SC?
Yep!  - I've never heard that expression, Curryong  :love6:

Edit : Here it is : It's English, I swear!
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

amabel

Quote from: cinrit on May 31, 2014, 03:32:15 PM
^^ No, no, not at all.  I knew there had to be an English to American translation there somewhere. :P

Cindy
just been to the US, and is funny isn't it, how 2 peoples speak the same language and then - don't understand each other!

Trudie

I think the news is wonderful I believe Charlene will make a very good mother.

sandy

They may have an heir or heiress then the spare.

Lady Adams

Charlene is reportedly pregnant with TWINS!

Quotehttp://benonicitytimes.co.za/177845/princess-charlene-monaco-pregnant/#.U4pNl7QHJhY.twitter
Prince Albert and Princess Charlene of Monaco are expecting twins later this year.

The couple announced on their official Facebook page today, Friday, May 30.

According to the palace:  T.S.H the Prince and the Princess of Monaco are delighted to announce the pregnancy of H.S.H. Princess Charlène.

On Friday night,  May 30, the  Benoni City Times called Princess Charlene's father, a very excited and frantic Mike Wittstock who shared the news that his daughter will be having twins.

Before he could take the call he was on anther line with a close Wittstock family friend, Mrs Bridgette Radebe, sharing the good news.

"I am very happy about the news and now my wife and I are going to have four grandchildren" said Mike

Princess Charlene's two brothers, Sean and Gareth, both have children of their own since last year.

He added my phone has been ringing none stop today, but Charlene informed me about her pregnancy on the weekend of May the 24th.

Wisttstock also shared the news with South African TV personality Derek Watts who Tweeted
‏@DerekWatts

"My old bulawayo schoolmate mike wittstock has phoned to say his daughter is pregnant with twins. Congrats princess charlene and albert!"

The couple married in a lavish opulent royal wedding in July 2011 in Monaco.

This will be their first children together, but 56-year-old Albert has already fathered two children with other women.
The couple met when Prince Albert presided over a swimming race in 2000 in which Charlene was competing in.Princess Charlene, 36, represented South Africa in the swimming competitions at the 2000 Sydney Olympics.
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

Limabeany

:hearts: :crazylove: :congrats: :crazylove: :hearts:

That is so wonderful!  :happy20:
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Regal

Twins? Oh I've always wanted to see that play out in the royal line of succession  :happy20:

I wonder if this will fuel the rumours of artificial insemination  :hide:

amabel

Sandor

If it's true about the twins, it makes me think there was definitely IVF, in which case I'm betting at least one child will be a boy.

cinrit

Quote from: Regal on June 01, 2014, 12:52:47 PM
I wonder if this will fuel the rumours of artificial insemination  :hide:   

I have to admit it was the first thought that popped into my head.....

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

amabel

Lady Adams

Quote from: Sandor on June 01, 2014, 01:45:36 PM
If it's true about the twins, it makes me think there was definitely IVF, in which case I'm betting at least one child will be a boy.
I agree.
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

cinrit

Amabel, I think only about 3% of births are twins.  That and the fact that so many people are going the IVF route these days does make the thought sneak in.  On the other hand, I was surprised to discover a few years ago that IVF is forbidden by the Roman Catholic church, just as birth control is. 

Cindy

Regal

Quote from: cinrit on June 01, 2014, 03:27:38 PM
Amabel, I think only about 3% of births are twins.  That and the fact that so many people are going the IVF route these days does make the thought sneak in.  On the other hand, I was surprised to discover a few years ago that IVF is forbidden by the Roman Catholic church, just as birth control is. 

Cindy

Along with all the rumours that surround the couple, it really wouldn't be surprising if it were the case.

amabel

Quote from: cinrit on June 01, 2014, 03:27:38 PM

Cindy
yes, I think it is.  In Vitro fertilsisaiotn isn't the same as Artificial insemination.. though both as far as  I know are forbidden by eh RC church.  but people do have twins.  The Crown Prince of Denmark had twins a few years ago...

cinrit

Of course it's possible that this is natural.  I was just answering your question.  And yes, both IVF and AI are forbidden by the Roman Catholic church, for several reasons.

Cindy

Lothwen

How far along is she?  Would they even be able to tell if she's having twins at this point?

I would believe IVF too if we find out that neither she nor Albert has a history of twins in their family.
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

Macrobug

Possibly IVF but women undergoing that often get chubby cheeks etc ....but not always.

Twins happen.  I was a twin (not IVF).  Lothy is a twin.  I was just uptown and was talking to a woman in her 70s who is a triplet then immediately ran into a couple and their 4 year old twins.   Twins don't immediately mean IVF.
GNU Terry Pratchett

Lothwen

^Which is why I'd be curious about Charlene's family history.  If she has twins in her family, then this wouldn't be unprecedented.

Harryite 12-005

Macrobug

Certainly twins happen more often in some families.  My family has twins everywhere!  But it can happen randomly, too.  It would be interesting to find out about her family.
Of course, this Charlene is having twins is just speculation..... :happy15:
GNU Terry Pratchett

Lothwen

My family has twins everywhere too. I'm a twin, my brothers are twins, my cousins are twins, my great grandmother was a twin and my dad's cousin has two sets. if Charlene did use IVF and has twins then they'll be fraternal
Harryite 12-005

Sandor

Quote from: amabel on June 01, 2014, 04:07:37 PM
yes, I think it is.  In Vitro fertilsisaiotn isn't the same as Artificial insemination.. though both as far as  I know are forbidden by eh RC church.  but people do have twins.  The Crown Prince of Denmark had twins a few years ago...

Yes, and I wondered about that as well.  I still think it likely. When a woman is on the wrong side of 35 (I mean that only insofar as fertility goes) she sometimes requires a little help to conceive.
And that help often results in a multiple birth.

As for certain procedures being prohibited by the Catholic Church, the Church also prohibits premarital sex and having children out of wedlock, and the Grimaldis chose to ignore that.  So I don't think they'd worry about this either.

As the old saying goes...needs must when the devil drives!     :clap:

good221

I Hope these will open the door for his two other kids to connect with their brother or sisters.  albert at the age of 56 also the same age as Charlene mother I really wonder how he will cope because when this child is in college he might not be around more reason he need his two other kids to help guild THE'' HEIR''. I just have a feel the principality will not allow the other two  children touch that child or even allow to be in the place as their heir. :shrug:

Ladybee

Twins can happen without IVF. Some fertility drugs can increase the rate of having twins as well.

angieuk

Easiest thing to put a stop to the twins rumours:

Her father can retract his statement given to the South African Reporter;
The South African Reporter Friend can retract it;
The Palace can deny the statement officially.

Fait accompli!