Re: William and Catherine-Sports Patronages: AELTC, Football, Rugby and more

Started by PrincessOfPeace, May 13, 2014, 10:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

She is so in her element when she's at her sports patronages. I suspect that Catherine was the type of athlete that enjoyed the workouts, practice matches and games equally. Team sports are definitely her thing.

Kate Shows Off Skills as New Royal Rugby Patron - YouTube

Blue Clover

Kate looks happy and in her element in the sports photos, she seems to be on a winning streak.  :thumbsup:

PrincessOfPeace

Former England rugby star Mike Tindall, 43, was asked about his cousin-in-law's new roles on his podcast, The Good, The Bad & The Rugby this week, and said the Duchess, 40, looked "effortless" on the pitch.

Mike said: "I text Ellis [Genge] and said, 'Mate, please tell me anything she messed up on' so I could sort of' family WhatsApp group, get to her, and he said, 'No she was actually pretty good, and she was really good at kicking,' and I was like [sighs]. But she has this competitive nature."

More: Mike Tindall gives his very honest verdict on Kate Middleton's rugby skills | HELLO!

wannable

:hug: :friends:

"The best thing is when it rolls to England and Wales, we get the battle of the Cambridges."

:pillowfight:

TLLK

I appreciate Mike's way of looking at the future match ups. 
QuoteThe best thing is when it rolls to England and Wales, we get the battle of the Cambridges."
:duel: :slapfight: :catfight:

wannable

PrincessOfPeace

I like when he said he texted his buddy to see if there was anything he could use to get her going in the family WhatsApp group lol. He friend said no, she was really good.

wannable

PrincessOfPeace

wannable

William and Kate Rugby:

Duke of Cambridge, patron of the Welsh Rugby Union, and the Duchess of Cambridge, patron of the Rugby Football Union, will attend the England v Wales Six Nations match on Saturday Feb 26

Source: Richard Palmer, RR

TLLK

I can't wait to see the Cambridge  Compulsive Competitiveness Characteristics at play during that match!!!

:duel: :pillowfight:

PrincessOfPeace

PrincessOfPeace

wannable

The Telegraph story of the Wimbledon chief and scapegoat Kate is receiving thousands of bad reviews in social media, especially twitter, with comments and quote remarks, the hundreds of xenophobia and discrimination wording is very heavy.  I feel for Kate.

The Duchess of Cambridge is the prize asset Wimbledon cannot afford to lose

PrincessOfPeace

The Duke of Cambridge will be at Wembley Stadium on Saturday for the FA Cup Final between @ChelseaFC & @LFC and will present the trophy to the winners.

https://twitter.com/CameronDLWalker/status/1524777689399414786?s=20&t=nltb51Z6R9D3X_hypIpqBw

Curryong

William booed by assembled crowds at the FA Cup Final. Crowds also booed during National Anthem and the rallying cry/ song ?Abide with Me?.

Remember I said years ago here on another thread that the further north from the Home Counties one travelled in Britain the less the popularity of the monarchy? This was the example writ large. Here was a  northern club playing and it?s fans were saying thanks to the Establishment for the Ma Thatcher years when mining communities were destroyed in Wales and the north, and thanks again for the Hillsborough disaster cover-up. People in the North West have long memories.

Prince William is BOOED by Wembley crowd during the FA Cup Final | Daily Mail Online

PrincessOfPeace

Liverpool fans once again booed the national anthem ahead of the Reds' FA Cup final with Chelsea at Wembley.

In keeping with tradition, "God Save The Queen" was sung before kick-off at the national stadium alongside 'Abide With Me' but Reds' fans in attendance booed both tunes. This, however, is something Liverpool fans have done for years.

Both anthems were roundly booed by large swaths of the Liverpool supporters, having also done the same ahead of the Carabao Cup final earlier this season against the same opponents - the Reds eventually running out victors via a dramatic penalty shootout back in February.

Why Liverpool fans booed English national anthem at FA Cup final in keeping with tradition - Mirror Online

"I'm from Bootle. I love Liverpool as a city. Scousers moan about being labelled by people and the press. I'm sorry but sometimes they bring it on themselves. Booing the national anthem will not be tolerated by me or quite a few others from the city."

https://twitter.com/Nitromanuk/status/1525503523923890178?s=20&t=JaNquiXo9u07Nx-v-rwabA