Danish Monarchy: Articles from 2005

Started by ~Sophia~, December 31, 2004, 02:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger Lily

How do you pronounce that? I think it is a very cute nickname. Better than lilleprins.

Man, I love this family.
I'm not perfect, but I'm pretty good
-Maya Angelou

"You jumped, of course," explained Canby. "That's the way most everyone gets here. It's really quite simple: every time you decide something without having a good reason, you jump to Conclusions whether you like it or not. It's such an easy trip to

Jenee

"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

Wombat

A merry Christian? ~ The Age

QuoteHe might only be six weeks old but the newest heir to the Danish throne can look forward to a busy festive season before his January christening

Wombat

Here's looking at you, Kingaroo ~ Daily Telegraph

QuoteProud parents Crown Prince Frederik and his Australian-born wife Princess Mary have released fresh pictures of their "little Kingaroo" as they finalise preparations for his christening next month
Well Freddys nickname is Pingo and Marys is Kanga..so Kingaroo sounds good  :happytears:

Wombat

Darren? Kevin? Craig? ~ The Age

QuoteTHE name of this baby is yet to be officially announced, but speculation is that it will be Christian, given that he is the son of Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary of Denmark.

Wombat

Humble beginnings for young Prince ~ The Mercury

QuoteHis mum and dad take him for strolls in his pram, carry him about in a sling and sing him lullabies.
:hug:

Wombat

Wild over Mary roo banquet ~ Daily Telegraph

QuoteTHE country's most prominent wildlife protection charity has backflipped on a plan to install Princess Mary as its patron because kangaroo meat was served at a Danish royal wedding function last year. ~ "I think it would be the most appalling, disgraceful thing I can think of. I am so disappointed that she would be so insulting to the natural emblem of our country."
Oh please....it just a kangaroo..aboriginies eat them...obviously Danish royals eat them...who cares!!!!!  This person definatlely needs their head read :rant:

Bess

Oh for Chrissakes.  It's not like kangaroos are endangered or anything, they are a damn pest in a lot of parts in Australia.  If she was eating koala, bilby, numbat or some other endangered animal then I would understand this.  But kangaroo?   :rolleyes:

Wombat

Hmm..I wonder what a numbat tastes like?  :P Kidding :P

Lola

i love animals just as much as the next person but the Lord put them on this earth for our use and if an animal is killed to provide substance for us then i have no problem with that. i do take issue with those who hunt for "fun" and do not eat what they kill. i wonder what these so-called "animail lovers" would feel if that kangaroo or some other animal killed their pet or a loved one? or those animals were never killed and ended up starving to death b/c there were too many alive and not enough food for them?  :doh:
"I am as happy as a fat mouse in a cheese factory!"

Wombat

Mary blazes a trail ~ The Mercury

QuoteIN a break from Danish tradition, Princess Mary is hosting her own New Year's party
:discocool:

Lola

wombat, the link isnt working! :unsure:
"I am as happy as a fat mouse in a cheese factory!"

Wombat

I don't think that many if any of those will be godparents.  Joachim maybe.....I haveheard (aussie goss here) that one godparent will definately be Amber Petty.  She was Princess Marys bridesmaid and best friend from Australia and she herself let slip whilst on tv (she is in the media) that she was going to be in Denmark for the big day.

Wombat

Mary and the Christmas child ~ The Mercury

QuoteWith their border collie Ziggy looking every bit the loyal mutt, Denmark's future rulers make for a very happy young family on the Christmas card they sent to family and friends