Main Menu

Where Are the Mods?

Started by Lothwen, February 01, 2014, 03:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lothwen

I've seen a lot of posters ask "Where are the Mods?"  and I'm going to try to answer that question for you

We have a team of 5 mods (me, Macrobug, sophiechloe, Blue Clover, and Mike).There are currently 5,876 people registered to this site, and generally at least 100 people being active at all times. 

The Mod team members live everywhere from England to Canada to the US.  I personally live in California.  We also either work full-time, or have families that we take care of, or we go to school full-time. 

So sometimes threads go off-topic, and things happen.  We come on this forum because we enjoy it, but it's not our lives.  We moderate because we were appointed by the Admins to do so, but it's not our career.
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

DaFluffs

Isn't cinrit a mod too?  I've seen fewer posts from her lately.....

cinrit

I'm here, DaFluffs! :thumbsup:  I'm an ambassador.  Our responsibilities are different from the mods' responsibilities.

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

DaFluffs

Hi Cinrit!!!   :hug:

How are the two roles different?

Lothwen

The Ambassadors can't modify peoples' posts the way that Mods can. Usually they are the ones who will start new threads, and welcome all new members. 
Harryite 12-005

Blue Clover

I will try to post more! I am reading even if I am not posting!  :)

cinrit

Hello to you, too, DaFluffs!  :hug:  Yes, what Lothwen said. :)  That's why you see marine2109 and I posting so many articles.

Cindy

Blue Clover

Cinrit and Marine are amazing in keeping us supplied with royal news and photos!  :clap: :yesss: :happy20:

SophieChloe

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Blue Clover

Right! Great post Lothwen!  :clap:

SophieChloe

Quote from: Blue Clover on February 01, 2014, 06:39:08 PM
Cinrit and Marine are amazing in keeping us supplied with royal news and photos!  :clap: :yesss: :happy20:
I agree!

TLLK

Thank you to those who moderate the forum and to the ambassadors/reporters who keep us up to date on all things royal.  :clap: :banana: :thanks:

Blue Clover

cinrit

Thanks, Blue Clover and sophiechloe and TLLK.  And thanks to the mods from me, too. :flower3:

Cindy

SophieChloe

We are all just doing our very best, sometimes we make errors and miss things, but our hearts are in the right place.  This Forum is not like other Forums IMO. 

We are a great Team.  Well Done Us  :alixxx: :high5:

missbliss

I do think it is the nicest of the forums - and the most balanced.  That is a tribute to the mods and the ambassadors ( and the members of course! ). Sometimes there is conflict, as is natural among people with differing views, but order usually prevails, and people respect each other (most of the time anyway!) :hug:

Windsor

A very big thank you goes out to the Moderators and Ambassadors as well as to the other Admins! Of course, members are also merit a big thank you for choosing the Royal Insight as their forum of choice, and for keeping things interesting, funny and enjoyable.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

marine2109

Thank you so much Blue Clover and another nice post holders :flower:

Jenee

Quote from: Windsor on February 02, 2014, 12:59:06 PM
A very big thank you goes out to the Moderators and Ambassadors as well as to the other Admins! Of course, members are also merit a big thank you for choosing the Royal Insight as their forum of choice, and for keeping things interesting, funny and enjoyable.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

I second that!
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

Lothwen

I have to clarify that I honestly wasn't looking for a kudos (although, YAY US!) but I've seen people posting things like "Where are the Mods?" and "How come the Mods aren't doing their jobs" and other things like that, so I just wanted to explain our situations.
Harryite 12-005

TLLK

^^^I didn't get the impression that you'd set out to look for accolades, but I like how it turned into an opportunity to thank those who work behind the scenes.  :clap:

Blue Clover

Quote from: marine2109 on February 03, 2014, 12:36:20 PM

Thank you so much Blue Clover and another nice post holders :flower:

Marine,
You are welcome!  :hug: :flower:

Izabella

Awesomeness. Good job, y'all!  :cool:  :thumbsup:

Princessinwaiting

how did you get asked to be a mod ? is it because you guys have been on the forum for the longest?

ruthy

Well done the Mods - you do a great job :thumbsup:

:goodpost: :happyuk: :happymonaco: :happycanada: :happyusa: :happyindia: :princessgrace: :crown: :coach: :clap: :clap: :clap: :angel: