The Wales' Children Christenings-All years

Started by sara8150, July 25, 2013, 08:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marine2109

Search - Getty Images : GBR: Giant Royal Christening Card Signed Outside St James' Palace

Search - Getty Images : GBR: The Chapel Royal At St James's Palace Where Prince George of Cambridge Is To Be Christened

Double post auto-merged: October 23, 2013, 08:28:19 AM

QuoteWhen one week before the christening of Prince George of Cambridge, remember the baptismal ceremony of the Duchess of Cambridge

When one week before the christening of Prince George of Cambridge, remember the baptismal ceremony of the Duchess of Cambridge

Double post auto-merged: October 23, 2013, 08:43:27 AM

QuoteWithin a day of the christening of Prince George of Cambridge, remember the baptismal ceremony of his father, Prince William

http://translate.google.com.tr/translate?sl=es&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=tr&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hola.com%2Frealeza%2Fcasa_inglesa%2F2013102167421%2Fprincipe-guillermo-bautizo-buckingham%2F&act=url

Double post auto-merged: October 23, 2013, 08:48:35 AM

QuoteThe ten keys to move today Real Baptism of Prince George of Cambridge

http://translate.google.com.tr/translate?sl=es&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=tr&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hola.com%2Frealeza%2Fcasa_inglesa%2F2013102267694%2Fclaves-bautizo-real-principe-george%2F&act=url

Double post auto-merged: October 23, 2013, 08:54:23 AM

QuoteThe Real Baptism of Prince George of Cambridge: The keys to the ceremony

http://translate.google.com.tr/translate?sl=es&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=tr&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hola.com%2Fnoticias-de-actualidad%2F23-10-2013%2F103805%2Fcasasreales%2F&act=url

Double post auto-merged: October 23, 2013, 11:42:10 AM

Wort.lu - Britain's Prince George gets low-key christening

Double post auto-merged: October 23, 2013, 01:24:10 PM

Crowds gather for christening of William and Kate 's son Prince George - hellomagazine.com

Windsor

The names of Prince George's seven godparents have been announced:

They are Oliver Baker, Emilia Jardine-Paterson, Earl Grosvenor, Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton, Julia Samuel, William van Cutsem and Zara Tindall.

cinrit

The official announcement:

QuoteThe Christening of Prince George: Guests and Godparents

The following guests will attend Prince George's Christening today at the Chapel Royal, St James's Palace:

The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh
The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall and Prince Harry
Mr and Mrs Michael Middleton, Mr James Middleton and Miss Pippa Middleton
Prince George's Godparents and their spouses

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have asked the following people to be Godparents to Prince George:

The Christening of Prince George: Guests and Godparents

Cindy

Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Liquorice

The choice of Earl Grosvenor is the most surprising to me for I wasn't aware of any special acquaintance between the parents and the Grosvenor family. It seems Prince Harry went to his recent party. Any information on that ?

Because the only explanation Prince of Wales's site gives is : Earl Grosvenor is the son of The Duke of Westminster. whereas for the other godparents you have is the close friend of, attended the university and so on. For me the Grosvenor family wasn't very much part of William/Kate/Harry/Pippa (etc.)'s circle. What explanation do you have ?

DaFluffs

I would have bet cold hard cash on Tom Van Straubenzee.  Earl Grosvenor is a surprise move but I like it.

dianab

^^^His mother Natalia is one of the Willliam's godmothers

marine2109

Jmax2

Earl Grosvenor is the resident rich-kid Godparent.  He's 22, his dad is worth billions, and he had a blow-out 21st birthday party (Hugh, Earl Grosvenor comes of age in style at Eaton Hall 21st birthday bash - Chester Chronicle).   For all the complaining on this board, these sound like the typical royal Godparents. 
The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places.  ~Author Unknown

fifiwho

I think I'm the only one who is happy and excited that hugh is one of the godparents he is still young but I think in the future he will do good things

Sandor

Quote from: Liquorice on October 23, 2013, 12:57:24 PM
The choice of Earl Grosvenor is the most surprising to me for I wasn't aware of any special acquaintance between the parents and the Grosvenor family. It seems Prince Harry went to his recent party. Any information on that ?

I suspected a Grosvenor would be a godparent ever since I read that William, Kate, and George flew to Balmoral on a private plane owned by the Duke of Westminster.
But I (wrongly) thought it would be Lady Tamara Van Cutsem (a chance to get a Grosvenor and a Van Cutsem in one).   :teehee:

I figured Zara would be a pick since she's always been close to William. I am a bit surprised Harry wasn't chosen, but perhaps William felt if they'd asked him they'd have to have a Middleton sibling to balance.

The one that surprises me is Julia Samuel.

yolaura

william van cutsem??? yeaaah my William hehehehe i thought it was Hugh!!! I like William as a grandfather.. they always talk about the rest of the brothers and not him hahhaha

georgiana996

im not surprised  :hehe: none of the godparents were prince/princess from any country or duke/duchess or even lord lady it was all a bunch of mrs mr yeah earl Grosvenor is the best pick  :yesss: :thumbsup: :lol: I hate this normal " act ".

Quote from: Eri on October 23, 2013, 01:10:40 PM
No Harry? NO HARRY?  :eyes: I know Chuck would have died before Pipps would have been allowed to be a Godparent but still ... how much I hate Willy let me count the ways ...  :fuming:.

he loves his brother no need to get all dramatic
did you see harry pics he did not look that happy he hasn't been looking or acting himself when it comes to George  very weird imo

I just love the place they chose Its small but I wouldn't mind a wedding there its so beautiful .http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/09/27/article-2435254-1852A28200000578-174_634x461.jpg
Surround yourself with people who are going to lift you higher.

dianab

Quote from: yolaura on October 23, 2013, 03:16:12 PM
william van cutsem??? yeaaah my William hehehehe i thought it was Hugh!!! I like William as a grandfather.. they always talk about the rest of the brothers and not him hahhaha
William Van Cutsem (b. 1979) is the most close in age to William than his others (older) brothers

Blue Clover

plattenchant

You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.
C. S. Lewis

Macrobug

:vday2:  Cute little guy.  Doesn't look too impressed with things.  Probably not happy with being trussed up in that gorgeous yet frilly dress.
GNU Terry Pratchett

Jmax2

Quote from: georgiana996 on October 23, 2013, 03:21:19 PM
im not surprised  :hehe: none of the godparents were prince/princess from any country or duke/duchess or even lord lady it was all a bunch of mrs mr yeah earl Grosvenor is the best pick  :yesss: :thumbsup: :lol: I hate this normal " act ".

No, there is no pretense of normal in these choices.  Perhaps all the disappointed royalists on the board will feel encouraged.  Kate may not be working enough for them to justify adoring her blindly (as they do the rest of that family), but she is honoring the royal tradition of choosing Godparents on the basis of avarice and exclusion.

Zara may not technically be called a princess, but she is a royal.  Earl Grosvenor is a Lord.  These are not a bunch of "Mr. and Mrs."
The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places.  ~Author Unknown

cinrit

I thought that was her, but I wasn't sure....

QuoteOne notable guest at the christening was the Duke of Cambridge's former nanny Jessie Webb, who left the chapel in conversation with Prince George's grandfather Michael Middleton.

Prince William's former nanny attends christening - ITV News

Cindy

PaulaB

That face does seem to say I am a BOY and they put me in this frilly dress!  I am sure he will make  his feelings be heard about how he felt in a dress.

cinrit

QuoteRoyal baby Prince George was christened at the Chapel Royal at St James's Palace in London today. Zara Tindall heads list of seven godparents chosen for Prince George.

Oliver Baker
Oli Baker, 31, met the Duke and Duchess at St Andrews University, where he became one of a small circle of friends known as “Sallies boys” after the St Salvator’s halls of residence where they lived. He was one of two friends who shared a house with the Duke and Duchess during their final two years at university. When Mr Baker married Mel Nicholson at St Andrews in 2010, the Duke and Duchess were among the guests.

Emilia Jardine-Paterson
Emila Jardine-Paterson, 31, nee Emilia d-Erlanger, is one of the Duchess’s closest friends from her school days at Marlborough College. In 2007, when the Duke and Duchess temporarily split up, Mrs Jardine-Paterson was one of a handful of friends who consoled the Duchess during a holiday at her uncle Gary Goldsmith’s villa in Ibiza. She also attended St Andrews University, where she became friends with the Duke. She runs her own interior design business called d’Erlanger and Sloan. Her husband David is the brother of JJ Jardine-Paterson, an ex-boyfriend of Pippa Middleton.

Prince George Godparents - Business Insider

Cindy

Lothwen

I love it when baby boys get that grumpy, old man look.  He is so adorable :sigh:
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

Lothwen

i thought William and Kate shared a house with Fergus Boyd?
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

anitalalala

i have to say hes cute like any otehr baby but dont look nothing like any of his parentes..weird.
I know it will spound mean but i chocked..i was indeed specting a bçonde blue eyed baby...or at leats that looked like or william or kate and he dont look like any..is very weird..is like he was adopted or soemthing...
Before people jump on me i also dont look like any of my parentes but he being a royal baby i wouldnt be syrprised if people jump into rumours and false conclusions..im still surpised not say chocked how ge dont look at all with anyone...seriouslly  :eyes:
Is kinda of funny actually my reaction  :eyes: :lol: :lol:

anitalalala

Quote from: DaFluffs on October 23, 2013, 01:11:54 PM
I would have bet cold hard cash on Tom Van Straubenzee.  Earl Grosvenor is a surprise move but I like it.

me too i can even understand Harry not being there on such lost i mean he will Always be there i think is silly to put borthers as godparents but anyway yeah is weird..for both..Harry and tom to not been on that list....but at leats so wasnt any of kates siblings