General Chat for the late QEII and the late DoE

Started by marine2109, June 03, 2013, 08:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Reportedly there are a number of cases at Windsor Castle now besides the Queen.

https://twitter.com/RE_DailyMail/status/1495363868016750595?cxt=HHwWhsC9sfzgzMApAAAA

QuoteA number of cases have been diagnosed in the Windsor Castle team.

wannable

Yes, hence the rumor. So to expand he might win some not all, IOW, a very detailed word by word aspect of only when he comes to the UK.

TLLK

The Queen receives messages from the various  Commonwealth Heads of Government: Barbados, Australia, Canada, etc..

https://twitter.com/Gertsroyals?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

TLLK

The Queen makes ?generous? donation to Ukraine humanitarian appeal ? Royal Central

QuoteThe Queen has made a ?generous donation? to a Ukraine Humanitarian Appeal as the invasion of Ukraine by Russia continues.

The Disasters Emergency Committee revealed the donation on March 3rd 2022, tweeting: ?Many thanks to Her Majesty The Queen for continuing to support the Disasters Emergency Committee and for making a generous donation to the DEC Ukraine Humanitarian Appeal.?

The DEC is comprised of 15 UK aid charities that come together quickly in times of emergency to launch appeals for humanitarian causes. They say the Ukraine Humanitarian Appeal will provide food, water, shelter, healthcare and protection to the families who had to flee their homes with only what they could carry on their person.

The DEC has charity partners in the Ukraine and bordering countries like Poland, Romania, Hungary, Slovakia and Moldova, to provide key, critical aid as needed.

PrincessOfPeace

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have also made a private donation, The Telegraph understands.

The Disasters Emergency Committee has launched an urgent appeal to help people fleeing conflict in Ukraine.

The UK Government will match pound-for-pound up to ?20 million donated by the public to this appeal.

PrincessOfPeace

Today in 2013 on behalf of all Canadians, The Queen sent best wishes to Col. Chris Hadfield as he took command of the Intl Space Station. He responded: "If anything can make one's jaw drop in weightlessness, it's to be honoured by The Queen. I am amazed & humbled."

https://twitter.com/Canadian_Crown/status/1503001690324221955?s=20&t=nDGBzbott1UiZ3wPJv_ftA

TheRealDuchessOfSussex

Quote from: oak_and_cedar on November 26, 2020, 07:42:31 AM
This was an interesting article
Prince Philip is a 'devoted reader of books about UFOs and aliens' | Daily Mail Online

Does anyone believe he might be privy to some info? He is married to Queen after all...

Are you saying the Queen is an alien or something? :lol: :hehe: :thumbsdown:
I think I'm the only one here that has written a letter to the Queen and got a letter back from the Lady in Waiting..... :P :happy15: :wed:

wannable

The Queen took off to Sandringham  :pillowfight:

Rebecca English
@RE_DailyMail
The Queen has arrived at Sandringham where she will mark her 96th birthday tomorrow in a typically low-key, unfussy way.
Meanwhile her grandson, Prince Harry, takes a swipe on US television about her inner circle, claims she talks to him about things she can?t tell anyone else?.and says he doesn?t know whether he will be at the jubilee celebrations because of ?security issues and everything  else?. He claims he is trying to ?make it possible that I can get my kids to meet her.?

TLLK

HM the Queen has awarded Deborah James with a Damehood.   :high5: Ms. James has raised millions for cancer research through her recent fundraiser. Sadly she has recently announced that she is going into hospice care.

Cancer campaigner and podcast host Deborah James awarded damehood | Cancer | The Guardian

QuoteThe cancer campaigner and podcaster Deborah James is to receive a damehood as her fundraiser for Cancer Research tops ?3.5m.

She admitted she was ?blown away? by the honour, adding: ?I don?t feel like I deserve this. I can?t tell you what this means to my family, it?s so much to take in.?

It comes days after she announced she had ended active care and had been moved to hospice at home care, saying she did not know ?how long I?ve got left?.

TLLK

According to Hello magazine, HM is now at Sandringham after her Edinburgh engagements.

The Queen, 96, spotted in Sandringham on private break | HELLO!

QuoteThe Queen has been spotted driving around Sandringham, her country estate in Norfolk where she has been spending a few days on a private break.

Buckingham Palace confirmed last week that she would be travelling to Norfolk from Scotland and on Monday she was pictured in the passenger seat of her Range Rover as she was chauffeured around her estate.

LouisFerdinand

Is it known if some of her relatives will visit Queen Elizabeth II at Sandringham?

TLLK

TLLK

Unlocking this thread as it is a very happy story.

The Queen ?danced around in circles? after hearing that Zara had won a medal at the 2012 Olympics ? Royal Central

QuoteFormer royal protection officer Richard Griffin said that Her late Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II, was ?too nervous? to watch the event herself.

Speaking shortly after her death in September, Mr Griffin said that The Queen couldn?t face watching the event live, so went out for a picnic instead.

Mr Griffin said: ?I remember once when I was up at Balmoral with The Queen, and Zara was competing in the Olympic Games, and looked like she was going to win a medal.

?And I thought I would be flying down to Greenwich to watch her get on, but the Queen said to me ?I?m just so nervous, I can?t face up to it. Let?s just go out for a picnic.?

?So we drove up to one of the mountainsides, one of the cabins and we had a little private picnic just the two of us.?

However, the late monarch could not wait any longer, so asked her protection officer to radio his colleagues, asking how her granddaughter had done.

Mr Griffin continued: ??So I radioed them and found out she?s won the silver medal.

?I remember the Queen jut grabbed me and we were dancing around in circles on this hill in Scotland.

Nightowl

Oh what a lovely memory of HM to have, that is priceless indeed! I will always think of HM with her sparkling blue eyes and that smile that goes from ear to ear.

LouisFerdinand

Victoria Mountbatten, Marchioness of Milford Haven was Prince Philip's maternal grandmother.
  Victoria Mountbatten, Marchioness of Milford Haven (1863-1950) - YouTube   

:xmas25: :xmas25: :xmas25: :xmas25: :xmas25: :xmas25: :xmas25: :xmas25:

TLLK

A beloved character from British children's literature became an honorary member of the British Royal Family in 2022.

YEAR IN REVIEW: How Paddington became an honourary member of the Royal Family in 2022 ? Royal Central

QuoteThis has been a monumental year for the British Royal Family. It included a once-in-a-lifetime Platinum Jubilee, the death of the United Kingdom?s longest-serving monarch, and the start of a new reign. However, for many keen royal watchers, the biggest event of the year was a new addition to the Royal Family ? Paddington Bear.

Paddington Bear?s relationship with the British Royal Family is not new. In 1986, Paddington at the Palace was published, following the little Peruvian bear?s adventures at Buckingham Palace. In 2022, Paddington became a lot closer to the royals, though.

The Queen?s Platinum Jubilee in the first weekend of June featured several large-scale events centred around Buckingham Palace. That included a Platinum Jubilee Party at the Palace concert on Saturday, 4 June, with 22,000 spectators joining members of the Royal Family on the Mall.

The concert kicked off with a special video, with Queen Elizabeth hosting Paddington Bear at Buckingham Palace for afternoon tea. After Paddington accidentally squishes the cakes, he offers Her Majesty his signature marmalade sandwich, and she confides that she carries one in her Launer handbag, as well. 

Not only was the video sweet and touching, but it was also one of the last times that The Queen was seen publicly before her death. The late Queen kept the video a secret from all her family members so that it would also be a surprise for them at the concert. 

Upon her death in September, thousands of Paddington Bears were left along with marmalade sandwiches and floral tributes on the grounds of Windsor Castle, Sandringham, the Palace of Holyroodhouse, and Buckingham Palace. 

The Paddington Bears were collected and cleaned by palace staff. After going on an adventure through Buckingham Palace and Clarence House, Queen Camilla donated the bears to Barnado?s Nursery in November, where children could have a teddy bear picnic. 

TLLK

YEAR IN REVIEW: Royalty and world leaders who paid tribute to Queen Elizabeth II ? Royal Central

QuoteIn total, 500 heads of state and dignitaries were in attendance at Queen Elizabeth II?s State Funeral. Only a handful of countries, including Russia, Belarus, Afghanistan, China, Myanmar, Syria, and Venezuela, were not invited at all. Iran, North Korea and Nicaragua were only invited at the ambassadorial level.

LouisFerdinand

None of Queen Elizabeth II's granddaughters and great-granddaughters had the first name of Elizabeth.   
Is there a specific reason why no girl was given the first name of Elizabeth?