What will Prince Harrys wedding be like ?

Started by georgiana996, May 17, 2013, 08:32:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

georgiana996

Will it be as big as W&K's ? will there be a holiday? will it be in the abbey?  :cool:
Surround yourself with people who are going to lift you higher.

fawbert

It could indeed be a Bank Holiday and on a similar scale to William's, but the lad might want something on the lines of Peter and Autumn on a quieter scale at St George's Chapel, Windsor. The wishes of the bride and groom will dominate.
Fawbert

Eri

^  :goodpost:...But I can't see him want anything like Willy's wedding...I guess it will depend on whenever Chuck is King when he marries...

sandy

I think he'll have a wedding comparable to Prince Andrew's (also the second son).

HsHCharlene

I would like to see a big state affair for the simple reason of wanting to see all international royals there with their pretty dresses, jewelry, and sashes. Ooh it gives me goose pimples!  :vday2: :vday2:

princessy

Flower and hopefully not big but Isabella and Sam had two wedding so liked Sophie's dress was nice than kate to.
need funny sig but it'll have to wait

Eri

If Chelsy is our Duchess that would be an interesting wedding dress she would try to contain her incredible breasts  :lol:...wonder what Tiara she would get  :Jen:...

georgiana996

here are some tiaras Regal Majesty -my fav blogger :P I love the
The Teck Rose Tiara
maybe harrys wife will get a new one made http://regalmajesty.tumblr.com/image/49500435349  Bought for Sarah Ferguson by the Queen as a wedding present from Garrard's. Sarah picked the tiara

NotWaitieKatie

I hope she wears the one Diana always used. Kate got the ring so that should go to Harry's wife.
Just because you can.....Does not mean that you should.

Jmax2

^^^ Didn't Diana wear the Spencer tiara?  Harry would need to ask his uncle for permission to have his bride wear that.
The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places.  ~Author Unknown

NotWaitieKatie

I don't mean that one, but the other, I don't remember the name.

Found it.   The Cambridge Lovers Knot tiara. I don't care that Kate is the D of C, I don't think she should get everything that was  Diana's  (or was borrowed by).

I don't think there is a chance in hell the her brother would give up the Spencer tiara, he has his own daughters to pass it to.
Just because you can.....Does not mean that you should.

cinrit

The Cambridge Lover's Knot tiara belongs to the Queen.  Some say the Queen gave it to Diana as a wedding gift, and that it was returned to the Queen after Diana's death.  Others say that the Queen only lent it to Diana.  In any case, it's now back in her possession.  I don't see why she wouldn't agree to giving it to Harry.

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Jmax2

Quote from: NotWaitieKatie on May 18, 2013, 06:58:12 PM
I don't mean that one, but the other, I don't remember the name.

Found it.   The Cambridge Lovers Knot tiara. I don't care that Kate is the D of C, I don't think she should get everything that was  Diana's  (or was borrowed by).

I don't think there is a chance in hell the her brother would give up the Spencer tiara, he has his own daughters to pass it to.

Why would he need to give it up?  Couldn't Harry just borrow it?  That's what Diana did.  Besides, it would pass to his son, not his daughters, as his son is the heir.

That said, I doubt Harry would ask.  The Spencers seem to be outside his circle.
The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places.  ~Author Unknown

memememe

The Spencer Tiara should be worn by Spencer girls on their wedding days and then be returned to the Spencer vault.

Harry isn't a Spencer in the sense of having Spencer as his family name and Chelsy or whoever his bride will be, unless he marries one of his first cousins, will be a Spencer and so won't be entitled to that tiara.

I would prefer that Harry's future wife, whoever that poor girl turns out to be, gets to wear a tiara totally unrelated to Diana so she can start life without the ghost of her dead mother-in-law. Kate has that ghost every time she looks at her engagement ring and now has to live in Diana's former home - she can't escape it but hopefully Harry's future wife puts her foot down and says 'something unrelated to your mother or nothing - thanks.

If he marries a girl from the British aristocracy then that girl would probably have access to her own family tiara for the occasion as well.

I doubt that Harry's wedding will be a public occasion like William and Kate's as he will be only a minor royal by then - down to 4th in line at least if not 5th or 6th if William and Kate have 2 - 3 children.  St George's sounds good with limited, if any TV coverage - more like Peter's than William's but a bit more upmarket as he is higher in the line of succession. It is clear that the BRF are distinguishing between possible future monarchs - they get the works - and the hangers-on who in the past go the works as well but now are getting the private weddings they used to have before George V decided to make them into three-ringed circuses.

Jmax2

^^^ The Earl could lend the tiara to whomever he likes, it's his property.  But, like I said, I doubt it will be an issue.

Actually, I don't think Harry will get married.  IDK why, he just gives me that vibe.  I see him playing the field.

princessy

Quote from: Eri on May 18, 2013, 08:49:55 AM
If Chelsy is our Duchess that would be an interesting wedding dress she would try to contain her incredible breasts  :lol:...wonder what Tiara she would get  :Jen:...

lolz queens dress of princess Margaret LOVED her dress gorgeous Margaret had best style i'm hoping flowery tiara save the big tiara for Beatrice  :hehe: :hehe:.
Think thinner girl dress link Sophie nothing big maybe lace

Lets talk about rings not blue diamond to close to ring he gave chelsy not sapphire, maybe ruby.

amabel

Quote from: cinrit on May 18, 2013, 07:21:55 PM
.  Others say that the Queen only lent it to Diana.  In any case, it's now back in her possession.  I don't see why she wouldn't agree to giving it to Harry.

Cindy
but wont he look a bit silly in it?  (this is a joke but I dnt know how to get the icons on this page)....

georgiana996

Quote from: Jmax2 on May 19, 2013, 12:02:05 AM
^^^ The Earl could lend the tiara to whomever he likes, it's his property.  But, like I said, I doubt it will be an issue.

Actually, I don't think Harry will get married.  IDK why, he just gives me that vibe.  I see him playing the field.

yea he has that sort of vibe the thing ishes a free spirit and very modern compared to ahem ...the rest of them :hide:

Quote from: memememe on May 18, 2013, 11:53:12 PM
The Spencer Tiara should be worn by Spencer girls on their wedding days and then be returned to the Spencer vault.

Harry isn't a Spencer in the sense of having Spencer as his family name and Chelsy or whoever his bride will be, unless he marries one of his first cousins, will be a Spencer and so won't be entitled to that tiara.

I would prefer that Harry's future wife, whoever that poor girl turns out to be, gets to wear a tiara totally unrelated to Diana so she can start life without the ghost of her dead mother-in-law. Kate has that ghost every time she looks at her engagement ring and now has to live in Diana's former home - she can't escape it but hopefully Harry's future wife puts her foot down and says 'something unrelated to your mother or nothing - thanks.

If he marries a girl from the British aristocracy then that girl would probably have access to her own family tiara for the occasion as well.

I doubt that Harry's wedding will be a public occasion like William and Kate's as he will be only a minor royal by then - down to 4th in line at least if not 5th or 6th if William and Kate have 2 - 3 children.  St George's sounds good with limited, if any TV coverage - more like Peter's than William's but a bit more upmarket as he is higher in the line of succession. It is clear that the BRF are distinguishing between possible future monarchs - they get the works - and the hangers-on who in the past go the works as well but now are getting the private weddings they used to have before George V decided to make them into three-ringed circuses.
exactly but kae seems to be fine living in that shadow its embarressing to watch i hopr harry lets his lady start fresh withoutthe diana thing attacted ,i'd be pretty darn angry if i had to wear him mums engagement ring i mean cnt he get me one thats  cheap and tacky .

TheRealDuchessOfSussex

:happy15: I would love it if Harry gave me a ruby engagement ring, married me and gave me the best life ever.... :paparazzi: :vday2: :vday2: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:
I think I'm the only one here that has written a letter to the Queen and got a letter back from the Lady in Waiting..... :P :happy15: :wed:

Eri

Again how "grand" the occasion will be it depends if his father is on The Throne...seeing his antics that will be the case...Harry will never be a a "minor'' Royal Liz and Chuck aren't immortal he will ALWAYS be 3/4 th in Line to The Throne basically all his life Chuck only had two children  :Lothwen:...

memememe

He won't always be 3rd/4th in line - he drops to 4th later this year and could be down to 5th by the end of next year if the stories that William and Kate want a second asap.

Sure they will probably stop at two and he will then go back up to 4th when The Queen passes and then to 3rd again when his brother becomes King but that could easily be in 30 years by which time Baby C could also be married with a child or two of their own or close to that so down again.

If William and Kate decide to go with 4 children (or she has a multiple birth next time) then he will be down very fast.

Double post auto-merged: May 24, 2013, 10:49:24 AM

Andrew - the second son of the monarch - currenty 4th in line although born 2nd is now classed as a minor royal - and has done so since William's birth in 1982. Harry will likewise drop to minor status after the birth of the baby in July - the baby will be a future monarch and Harry will be a royal sideshow - like Margaret was and Andrew is now.

georgiana996

so far the second child is always more famous than the first ie there will be interest in his wedding there already is  :windsor1: his wedding will be big if he wants it to be there may not be a holiday but that doesn't mean it wont be lavish so far Margret and Andrews was big  <_<

Eri

cinrit

Quote from: georgiana996 on May 24, 2013, 11:08:44 AM
so far the second child is always more famous than the first

I'm not sure what that means.  Was Princess Margaret more famous than the Queen?  Is Prince Andrew more famous than Prince Charles?  Or maybe I'm misinterpreting...?

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

princessy

I agree i get impression Harry poplar than William and Kate only second popular to harry or before him(bear in mind she not liked but royalist) so yea Harry will be big as people will be really interested maybe same venue as will or windsor like Eugenie and Beatrice would (can you image there dresses :vday4:)

oh dress this one sooo nice stunning  Cannes Film Festival 2013: Nicole Kidman pays homage to Grace Kelly in elegant cream gown for premiere | Mail Online
love the shape