Prince Harry embraces the sport of future kings.

Started by ~Sophia~, October 04, 2004, 08:06:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e-ccentriceventer

Let other people play other things... the king of sports is still the sport of kings. ;)
Polo. Everything else is just a sport!

Let other people play other things... the king of sports is still the sport of kings!

A polo handicap is a man's ticket to the world. ~Wintson Churchill

Gems

the sport of futer kings? they play it at my school and thats a comprihensive. [/font]

sharon

I'm a big Rugby fan !

way to go Harry!  :D  

jorDana

i wish i could play rugby , it looks like a load of fun. i'm very athletic so i like trying every sport at least once, maybe i'll go 2 england 2 get private lessons from harry.  ;)  (j/k girls)   :P  

aussiegirl

Union is a lot of fun and very phiysical esp to play, watching it isn't as much, but Jonny Wilkinson can make it very easy to watch at times :D  
Living in the Land Down Under, where woman go and make thunder
Met a large man, he just smiled and gave me a vegimite sandwich!!
Living Down Under YEAH!!

sharon

Quotebut Jonny Wilkinson can make it very easy to watch at times :D
:lol:  took the words right out of my mouth  ! :lol:  

jorDana

QuoteUnion is a lot of fun and very phiysical esp to play, watching it isn't as much, but Jonny Wilkinson can make it very easy to watch at times :D
i apologize ahead 4 sounding dumb    :(    but who is this guy you're talking about and do you have a pic ?  

aussiegirl

he plays rugby for the Newcastle falcons in england, is really cute (is the only one in the whole pommie side lol) i'll find a pic for you later but i'm at work at the moment and my boss is looking over my shaldour as i right this and he is really the biggest hariest man ever!!! HAH GOT YA MIKE!!!  :D  :lol: (my boss) that's what you get for looking at my personal stuff  :D  :lol:  :D  :lol:  :D  :lol:  
Living Down Under YEAH!!

sharon

He recently became Captain of the English National Rugby Team. He is also (IMO ) one of the best flyhalfs in international rugby. He is well known for his incredible work ethic and skill. In the World Cup in Sydney last year he scored a drop goal with like 28 seconds to go to secure England the Web Ellis Trohpy. The first Northen Hemisphere team ever to do so.

aussiegirl

yes well we are not talknig abut that  :D, the game was in it's second overtime and he kicked the drop goal which meant England beat Australia by 3 points  <_< . i sorta stopped likeing him after that  :D but he cute though (still trying to find a pic of him)
Living Down Under YEAH!!

sharon

Quoteyes well we are not talknig abut that? :D, the game was in it's second overtime and he kicked the drop goal which meant England beat Australia by 3 points? <_< . i sorta stopped likeing him after that? :D but he cute though (still trying to find a pic of him)

sorry to bring back bad memories aussiegirl ! wasn't my intention It was a great game though the final in 99 was not nearly as nail biting   :)  

jorDana, basically he's just a really exceptional athlete that's respected and admired. I'm sure he's going to be a great captain for England
( check out aussiegirls photos he's not that bad looking either  ;)  )

SeCrEtLy~ShY ~PrInCeSs~GeM~gEmS~

Quotehe plays rugby for the Newcastle falcons in england, is really cute (is the only one in the whole pommie side lol)
was that a negative remark about MY country?
GemmA

jorDana

uumm, i juss have 2 say thank you for the pics cuz he is HOTT! i really should start learning how 2 play rugby.  :lol:  .  

chel

aussiegirl

Quotewas that a negative remark about MY country?

YEP

sharon, the game wasn't that great coz their was a lot of dropped ball coz of slippery conditions and thier was waaaaay to many scrums which was really annoying and the result was even worse  ;)  but your right '99 was fantastic coz of the skill level involved, God i miss Jonny Eales, but George Gregan is doing a good job though, we if we win this game agaisnt the poms soon we should reclaim our position on top of the world rankings  :partytime:  
Living Down Under YEAH!!

aussiegirl

YEP  :D , no i'm not i'm paying out your team not the country coz if your union team was run by your country they'd be in a lot of strife

sharon, the game wasn't that great coz their was a lot of dropped ball coz of slippery conditions and thier was waaaaay to many scrums which was really annoying and the result was even worse  ;)  but your right '99 was fantastic coz of the skill level involved, God i miss Jonny Eales, but George Gregan is doing a good job though, we if we win this game agaisnt the poms soon we should reclaim our position on top of the world rankings  :partytime:  
Living Down Under YEAH!!

SeCrEtLy~ShY ~PrInCeSs~GeM~gEmS~

YEP

well that shows how think and small minded australians are doesnt it. [/font]
GemmA

sharon

Th Aussie Rugby and cricket teams have always been awesome like the ACT Brumbies in the super 12.
esp. mat rogers,Latham and george smith in the Wallaby side.  :D
We watched the cricket world cup over here as well last year and just the professionalism and "we're going to win this " attitude is really impressive. Brett Lee was fantastic.
btw Did you get to watch the tri nations this yeartried  ? I v'e watching a bit of league  but I'm not too sure of the rules though?

aussiegirl

Quotewell that shows how think and small minded australians are doesnt it.

Princess, i was joking and i forgot to add the rest of my post and you will the rest after my first post, what i meant was your football team does and i hope not reflect your country, saying your union team only has only good player is slighty wrong i agree but this is my opion i was not insulting YOUR country just your footy team, i would also like to think you would not paint all Australians with the same brush coz of me because of some comments i made coz i'm not all of Australia.

sharon, what about Tuquri and Salior? i luv those guys!!! they and Matt Rogers are originally rugby league players, T and S played for the Brisbane Broncos and Matt played for the Cronulla Sharks, League is basically modefied union rules and i love league a lot more then union, but union is still a fantastic game, league they play a lot faster then union and do not have unlimited tackles they have six and then a changeover with the ball, generally they kick on the fifth tackle so they are able to push the opp, out of their defensieve line all the way back to thier attacking line, Australia League has produced the best goal kicker ever in Hazem El Maseri (he's even better then Wilkinson, hard to believe huh?) and he plays for the Canterbury Bulldogs also Andrew Johns and Darren Lockyer are the two best players in the world, Johns playes for the Newcastle Nights and Lockyer for the Brisbane broncos. Have you ever watched State Of Origin? it is NSW vs QLD and the best 18 players from the two states play 3 games every year to see who becomes the better state for that year, the game has been likened to tha of a Gladiater Ring coz of course the some of the Best players are playing so it is usally very fast quick and can be kinda violent also the skill level is incrediable  :)

Yeah i watched the cricket and it was fantastic, we had a few problems leading up to the world cup with Shane Warne and Steve Waugh getting sacked and their were a lot of worries that we were going to struggle but we did fantastic and the guys really seemend to use the negitive stuff and use it to thier advantage and we ended up winning!!!  :partytime:  Lee was great yeah and that hat trick was so cool even though he ended up hurting that poor guy. Have you seen the ICC champs trophey? the AMericans played in that game for the first time although they got knocked at in the first round, we ended up losing to the poms which was bad but oh well, at the moment we are playing in India and Micheal Clarke just scored a 155 on debut!! and Adam Gilchrist also smashed a century   :partytime:  very happy esp if we beat the Indians.
Living Down Under YEAH!!

Gems

Quotewell that shows how think and small minded australians are doesnt it.

Princess, i was joking and i forgot to add the rest of my post and you will the rest after my first post, what i meant was your football team does and i hope not reflect your country, saying your union team only has only good player is slighty wrong i agree but this is my opion i was not insulting YOUR country just your footy team, i would also like to think you would not paint all Australians with the same brush coz of me because of some comments i made coz i'm not all of Australia.
well thats ok then isnt it cos i happen to not beinterested in rugby. I think u meant rugby didnt u?And no i would not becaus i know some australians ad they are really nice. And i dont judge people on the basis of 1 persons opinion. [/font]

aussiegirl

QuoteI think u meant rugby didnt u?

yeh mate i did   :hiya:  
Living Down Under YEAH!!

Gems

QuoteI think u meant rugby didnt u?

yeh mate i did   :hiya:
lol  

sharon

Canada was @ the World Cup in SA last year.... :D  :D
Their game versus Sri Lanka in Paarl I heard about a couple of ppl who decided to skip the morning innings do some tourist things and come back in the afternoon right? anyway Canada got all out for 36 runs and the Sri Lankans got 37 runs in like 5 overs. The whole thing wrapped up in  under two hours. Those ppl who came back later were like where did everyone go ?  :lol:
I like day nighters ..  generally just love the atmosphere it's soo laid back. I have the whole cricket wc on dvd no one can bowl like brett lee guys in a league of his own. I also though simmonds was pretty good.

What I really really want would be tickets to all the trinations games in SA, Aus and NZ. But with plane tickets i mean it would probably cost this poor university student a slight  fortune  :P  2011 world cup is in SA if I strat saving up now I might stand a chance  :lol:
We don't get a lot of league over here :( ...just super 12 games and their usually like 3 in the morning ( live ones ) The brumbies are awesome I mean seriosuly awesome.  
Is there a sport you guys aren't good at ? :P