News, Photos and Chat about Albert & Charlene's wedding - July 2011

Started by marine2109, May 10, 2011, 06:39:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lothwen

You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

MapleLeaf

Quote from: sara8150 on June 30, 2011, 03:59:38 AM
Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock on walkabout to scotch split rumours
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/monaco/8606971/Prince-Albert-and-Charlene-Wittstock-on-walkabout-to-scotch-split-rumours.html

Getting a grip on his bride-to-be: Prince Albert keeps a grip on his fiancée
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2009168/Monaco-royal-wedding-Prince-Albert-takes-Charlene-Wittstock-walkabout.html

Okay, am I the only person who is wondering whether Charlene did indeed try to run away just 3 days before the wedding?!!!  :eyes:

The DM article said that Charlene's passport was confiscated by the police in order to detain her, and they gave the name of the police officer that confiscated it.  Furthermore, the french newspaper that released the story says that they are not removing it or printing a detraction, and the Palace isn't doing anything about it.  Prince Albert's legal representation isn't doing anything about the story, why? 

There's a remote possibility that the story was true.  If so, it could be a combination of nerves on Charlene's part, and maybe even true upset at the revelation of yet another love child of Albert's, especially if the woman is pregnant now.  But so far the whole 'love child' thing is just a rumour that hasn't been confirmed in any way. 

I do believe it's possible that Charlene might've tried to leave though, but if so, what would be behind it.  Just nerves, or....? :shrug:
:happycanada:

Facts do not cease to exist just because they are ignored.
~Aldous Huxley
:xmas10:

blackprincess92

^ you arent alone i think the story is true and the walkabout plus the official response by the palace were made to cover this and make them look like a happy couple

REAL LOVE AT LAST!!!

Lindelle

Poor girl. I wonder if she's panicking now.
I must admit, in the beginning I didn't quite get her, but now I feel sorry for her and hope it works out the way she wants.
And Albert might want to change his ways and think how lucky a man he is.

blackprincess92

^ really? she has been with for a long time...living with him in monaco....being given a lavish lifestyle and what not

REAL LOVE AT LAST!!!

cinrit

Quote from: MapleLeaf on July 01, 2011, 09:11:29 AM
Okay, am I the only person who is wondering whether Charlene did indeed try to run away just 3 days before the wedding?!!!  :eyes: 

I've been wondering about it, too, but I haven't been keeping up with the wedding preparations, so I don't know enough to have an opinion about whether or not it could be true.  What bothers me is ... and this is only if it's true ... Charlene's passport being "confiscated by the police in order to detain her".  That's a little scary, so I hope at least that part of it is rumor.

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Lindelle

cinrit

blackprincess92

^ yup apparently on the monaco official website....

today was the first part of the wedding ...formal wedding

REAL LOVE AT LAST!!!

cinrit

Thanks, blackprincess92 ... I didn't see it there earlier, maybe it was over by the time I got there.

Cindy

blackprincess92

REAL LOVE AT LAST!!!

Jenee

"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

Princesse Grace

Jenee

Quote from: blackprincess92 on July 01, 2011, 06:03:17 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2010331/Monaco-Royal-Wedding-Prince-Albert-Charlene-Wittstock-marry.html

the kiss looked weird...

I agree - he's looking away and she's shrugging her shoulders as if she's uncomfortable (or perhaps caught off guard).

Can't wait to see her dress tomorrow!
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

cinrit

Liquorice

Quote from: Lindelle on July 01, 2011, 11:44:31 AM
Poor girl. I wonder if she's panicking now.

I agree. Unlike the Duchess of Cambridge, after her wedding, she will have a lot of work as the First Lady of Monaco. We talked a lot about these gossips in France, as they were reported by L'Express, a traditionnally "serious" political magazine, which looks like Time.

I remember at Grace's day, she had a lot of work, for instance unveiling large and tall exhibitions and so on. And all that in a foreign language (but not quite as bizarre for as Japanese of course !)

Charlene has a lot of  intensive French lessons. At the moment, she speaks only in English before cameras and doesn't feel at ease when speaking French. But languageand culture are not a problem for the couple as Prince Albert speaks fluently English and his mother is American of course.

blackprincess92

what is with people in their thirties and long term relationships that make them unready? she should have known his intentions and with that she should have prepared herself for the lifestyle and all that entails...seems as though she might like the perks rather than the actual thing itself.

REAL LOVE AT LAST!!!

Liquorice

Quote from: blackprincess92 on July 01, 2011, 06:03:17 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2010331/Monaco-Royal-Wedding-Prince-Albert-Charlene-Wittstock-marry.html

the kiss looked weird...

I disagree. I saw videos on French TV and actually I found it quite cute, for :
1. Princess Stephanie shed tears.
2. Princess Charlene after the kiss, if I'm correct, put her head on Prince Albert's shoulder. I found it lovely.

I have one question : is such a  gesture allowed by British Royal Family protocol ?