Brand New William and/or Kate Photos

Started by SweetHomeNC, November 23, 2010, 10:39:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orchid

She's clearly less of a snob than me - I wouldn't be caught dead shopping in Tesco! :laugh:
"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things."
-Winston Churchil

HRHHannah

i wounder if she has has a tesco club card  :hehe: :hmm:

wannable

Probably, both W&K are regular Tesco customers; St. Andrew's and now Anglesey. 

Orchid

Quote from: MyName on August 02, 2011, 03:15:36 PM
i wounder if she has has a tesco club card  :hehe: :hmm:

:laugh: she may be able to get coupons for money of Duchy Originals :teehee:
"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things."
-Winston Churchil

WOW

Quote from: Orchid on August 02, 2011, 03:06:59 PM
She's clearly less of a snob than me - I wouldn't be caught dead shopping in Tesco! :laugh:
Why Orc? When I 'm in Europe I tend to do my shopping there.

Lothwen

Quote from: wannabe on August 01, 2011, 07:01:02 PM
^^ Here are the other photos in different angles

http://www.keystonepress.net/images/RHO/IMAGES684/20110801_kza_kf3_014.thu
http://www.keystonepress.net/images/RHO/IMAGES684/20110801_kza_kf3_018.thu
http://www.keystonepress.net/images/RHO/IMAGES684/20110801_kza_kf3_016.thu
http://www.keystonepress.net/images/RHO/IMAGES684/20110801_kza_kf3_017.thu
http://www.keystonepress.net/images/RHO/IMAGES684/20110801_kza_kf3_015.thu

Nice pictures, but I wish they would have had more pictures like this when they were dating.  It shouldn't be a big deal that we see a married couple taking a walk and holding hands.  However, I love Kate's hair up, and I love William's glasses.

Quote from: Rachel Mc. on August 01, 2011, 09:12:39 PM
another sighting from today...
I guess they're back in Wales in the afternoon and she went to the grocery

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/849/tumblrlp9oq5rzhc1qhfhme.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/153/tumblrlp9p47jcuy1qjrmi6.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/651/tumblrlp9pjhbgt31qjrmi6.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/9/tumblrlp9pd8rszn1qjrmi6.jpg/

I like the sweater (jumper)  but not crazy about the scarf.  It's fun though, so that's nice to see.  And I love love love Kate's hair like this.  She should wear it like this for a formal event-maybe with a flower in her hair. 
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

Orchid

Quote from: WOW on August 02, 2011, 04:16:23 PM
Quote from: Orchid on August 02, 2011, 03:06:59 PM
Why Orc? When I 'm in Europe I tend to do my shopping there.

For three reasons: Tesco is a virus and a blot on the UK, its foods are horrible and it's full of chavs - testament to this is the fact that you have to "rent" a trolley per trip to avoid the chavs walking their trolleys home.
-Winston Churchil

cinrit

What's a chav?  There was one store here that made people deposit 25¢ to get a cart.  When you brought it back, you got your 25¢ back.  But it was because people were leaving their carts next to their cars instead of returning it where it belonged.  :nono:   (The store no longer exists.)

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Lothwen

^Cindy the way I understand it a chav is basically what we would call "White trash"
Harryite 12-005

cinrit

Thanks, Lothwen.  So Tesco would be like Walmart?  I was at Walmart yesterday.  They've got a great sale on SanDisk 8GB flash drives this week.  Though I have to admit I wouldn't buy clothing there.  :D

Cindy

Lothwen

^I'm sorry, but I just love that you associated "white trash"  with "wal-mart."  :lol:

Is anyone besides me wondering why William and Kate were both wearing sweaters in the middle of the summer? 
Harryite 12-005

englishrose

I think that William was handsome some year ago when he was 18 or 21,but now as for me he's not!And I prefer Harry,cause he's really cool and William he's just another boring,not handsome male member of BRF! :gross:

wannable

Quote from: Lothwen on August 02, 2011, 06:22:28 PM
Is anyone besides me wondering why William and Kate were both wearing sweaters in the middle of the summer? 

Considering how the majority of the royals were photographed Sunday, not surprised. The York girls wore double lined jackets, Beatrice added a scarf, The Wessex didn't look summery either. Peter and Autumn were the only ones who looked casual summer dressed.

cinrit

^I'm sorry, but I just love that you associated "white trash"  with "wal-mart."  :lol:

In some of the pictures from the wedding, it looks like there was a breeze.  Maybe it was a cool breeze.  (Lothwen, you've never seen the website peopleofwalmart.com?)

Cindy

iisuzieii

Hopefully, now they got shots of them..they'll leave them alone.

missbliss

The temps in Edinburgh on Sunday were a low of 50 F and a high of 68 F.  If this was in the morning it was probably kind of cool. 

LucyOfTheSky

Perhaps in Britain people are less lazy.  Here in the US, many people (perhaps most?) are too lazy to walk the shopping cart back close to the store for other people to use.  Stores have to have employees regularly walk around the parking lots to gather up the carts and wheel them back to the store.  A new store here is charging 25 cents for a shopping cart, which you get back when you return the cart to where it originated.  There are no carts randomly scattered in the parking lot. 

25 cents is 1/4 of a dollar and is not very much money at all.  I can't think of anything that you can buy for 25 cents, so the loss of 25 cents for not returning the cart is pretty meaningless.  Yet, the system works, and in the three months I have been going to this grocery store, business has noticeably picked up.

Walmart has nothing to do with low prices in some people's minds.  In fact, low prices don't even enter into my thinking about Walmart.  Mostly I think about all the mom and pop stores they put out of business and all the manufacturing jobs they sent overseas.  I have been boycotting the store for years.  I actually set foot in one a few weeks ago with my daughter (who sprung the idea of stopping there upon me quite suddenly when we were already out shopping) & had a physcial reaction so strong that I had to leave before we ever got to the section where she wanted to go.

Most people in my town shop at a specific grocery chain, which has paid fines in the past because they engaged in illegal competitive practices (lowering the price below cost at a store in a particular town to force out the competition, then raising prices).  Their food is generally priced a little higher than average, yet over the course of a year or so I realized that I threw out a few items because the food I had just purchased a day or so earlier had gone bad. So, while this particular store is dominant in my state, I travel to another town to make food purchases at a lower price and better quality.

All this is to say that I don't understand the comments about Tesco.  Charging for a shopping cart is good business practice, as it lowers cost which can be passed on to consumers. A comparison to WalMart would mean it is dominant in its field and ruthlessly drives competitors out of business & it also changes the practices of its suppliers.  Price and quality do not necessarily rise and fall in tandem.

My opinion of the Duchess would fall dramatically if I thought she set foot in a WalMart or shopped in a store with old "fresh" fruits & veggies.  I really want to know what people think of Tesco.

Lothwen

Quote from: cinrit on August 02, 2011, 07:22:32 PM

In some of the pictures from the wedding, it looks like there was a breeze.  Maybe it was a cool breeze.  (Lothwen, you've never seen the website peopleofwalmart.com?)

Cindy

Yeah I've seen it :lol:  I actually sent it to Orchid to show her that we had "chavs"  here in the US as well
Harryite 12-005

cinrit

Quote from: Lothwen on August 03, 2011, 03:15:24 PM
Yeah I've seen it :lol:  I actually sent it to Orchid to show her that we had "chavs"  here in the US as well

Oh, yes we do. :laugh:  I spent a good while at peopleofwalmart.com yesterday after I posted about it.  :laugh:

Cindy

marine2109

QuoteCatherine, the Duchess of Cambridge, shops at a Tesco Supermarket in North Wales near to the RAF base where her husband Prince William works as a Search and Rescue helicopter pilot. Catherine spent over 30 minutes in the store pushing a trolley around and then loading up her shopping in the back of her car.

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/AdtcmpViGJ_/Catherine+grocery+shopping

KitCat

Thanks for the pics. She looks tired if you ask me, a far cry from her appearance at Zara's wedding.

Lindelle

In Australia we pay for the use of trolleys.
It's because people were taking them home, leaving them in carspaces and were generally silly with them.
Now we don't have any trouble at all because people want their money back.
Depending on where you shop it's either $1.00 or $2.00

Windsor

In some supermarkets here like Sainsbury's and Waitrose you need to pay to use the trolley. However in most Tesco's you don't.

I have happy to see Her Royal Highness is able to go out and do her shopping without much issue.

Hale

QuotePerhaps in Britain people are less lazy.  Here in the US, many people (perhaps most?) are too lazy to walk the shopping cart back close to the store for other people to use.  Stores have to have employees regularly walk around the parking lots to gather up the carts and wheel them back to the store.  A new store here is charging 25 cents for a shopping cart, which you get back when you return the cart to where it originated.  There are no carts randomly scattered in the parking lot. 

Truly, I wish it was the case, but unfortunately it is not.  I sometimes think it's kids taking the trolleys as a joke.  In Ireland they no longer give free plastic shopping bags.  When the supermarkets there first introduced that system,  shoppers were taking the hard plastic shopping baskets home.

Regarding these pics:   http://theroyalchronicle.wordpress.com/2011/08/01/the-duke-and-duchess-of-cambridge-in-holyrood-park/  William doesn't look to happy about being photographed.