What is your general perspective of Chelsy Davy? Future in the UK Monarchy?

Started by wannable, April 12, 2010, 02:32:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoyalFamFan23

Quote from: Lucy on May 27, 2010, 09:58:36 PM
Quote from: Lavender_L on May 27, 2010, 05:56:01 PM
Quote from: Lucy on May 27, 2010, 03:45:12 PM
Had the Davys objected to winning a prince for the family tree, I'm sure they wouldn't continue inviting HRH Harry of Wales on hols...like they just did, during his long break in Botswana. Chelsy's Uncle said marrying Harry was on the agenda but the family did fear they might not be accepted. I agree with her Uncle but hope her fairy tale comes true for her.

When Harry didn't notice her in the UK at Club H, she invited him to stay with her in Africa when he was there on a visit to his charity....clever girl.  :)

I very much doubt that Harry would go to Africa and stay with the family of someone he didn't know at all! He must have "noticed" her in order to go.

BTW: Does anyone have a quote from the Uncle? The only one I found was when he was asked if she will marry him, he said "She's Zimbabwean". Thank you!

Harry met Chelsy in the 90s at Club H at Highgrove and wasn't interested in her...BUT when he went to Africa for his charity, Sentebale, she found out where he was and asked him to come stay with her.

QuoteThe girl's uncle, Paul Davy, said the couple's feelings for each other had deepened and they were now in love. While on the island, Harry was to meet his girlfriend's parents, Charles and Beverly Davy.

Chelsy's father is one of Zimbabwe's biggest ranch owners who controls 1 percent of all the country's agricultural land at a time when hundreds of other white farmers have been evicted and forced out by the Robert Mugabe regime
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2004/12/13/UPI_NewsTrack_TopNews/UPI-60471102957817/

QuotePaul Davy, Chelsy's uncle, contacted The Mail on Sunday last night to confirm that the young couple were 'in love' but added that he feared for the long-term future of their relationship because of the attitude of the British Establishment.

"What chances do you think that they have got of getting married? What do you think of her chances of getting into that Royal Family ... she's Zimbabwean," he said.

He added that Chelsy might want to get married but after a romance of just eight months it was still early days. Paul said that he even doubted whether Prince Harry would be allowed to visit Chelsy at her home in Zimbabwe - which would make it difficult for him to ask her father's permission to wed in traditional fashion.
"What chances do you think of Harry coming to this country? What chance has he got? Do you honestly believe that the British Government will let Harry come to this country?" said Paul Davy.

"They won't. Why should they? I mean Mugabe and Blair are at loggerheads, I mean the chances of Harry coming here are very slim."

Last week Paul was quoted by a Zimbabwean journalist as saying the young couple wanted to wed.

http://www.zimbabwesituation.com/dec19a_2004.html#link10

I agree with ALLL, who cares if Chelsy was chasing after the princes, so were a lot of other girls in Cheltenham, Gloucs and elsewhere.

I agree with Uncle Paul on the bit that Harry will never be allowed to visit Zimbabwe whilst Mugabe is in command...nor his henchmen.

If THIS IS TRUE, she was the one doing all the pursuing in the relationship, not him.

Adele, pics plz?

Also, are there any photo's of Chelsy from her visits to Club H?

so if Harry wanted to open up a "real" club I am sure he has the funds to do so. I think that would be something he would enjoy once he gets out of the military, than everyone can go to CLUB H in London.

wannable

He probably is already investing some of his money inheritance through a figurehead, totally legal. I understand, HM has a vast portfolio outside the UK and most of her private investment offshore go by this stance.

sandy

Harry of course would have to do some "pursuing"--he's not a cardboard cutout. The way he looks at her it seems to me she doesn't need to do much "pursuing." Every girl should have a BF looking at her that way! He does seem very happy when he's with her. If the guy isn't willing no amount of "pursuing" could force the man to be with her and be with her for this length of time. It's a lot more of a fling and the woman "tempting" him. I don't think Harry is a shrinking violet who needs lots of "encouragement" from the opposite sex.

Lavender_L

Very true IMO ^^^ I think Harry is so open in the way he looks and behaves towards Chelsy, it's obvious that they have a very passionate and loving relationship. They've had their problems (what couple hasn't?) but they've always come back to each other.

Lucy

QuoteHarry met Chelsy in the 90s at Club H at Highgrove and wasn't interested in her...BUT when he went to Africa for his charity, Sentebale, she found out where he was and asked him to come stay with her.

QuoteThe girl's uncle, Paul Davy, said the couple's feelings for each other had deepened and they were now in love. While on the island, Harry was to meet his girlfriend's parents, Charles and Beverly Davy.

Chelsy's father is one of Zimbabwe's biggest ranch owners who controls 1 percent of all the country's agricultural land at a time when hundreds of other white farmers have been evicted and forced out by the Robert Mugabe regime
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2004/12/13/UPI_NewsTrack_TopNews/UPI-60471102957817/

QuotePaul Davy, Chelsy's uncle, contacted The Mail on Sunday last night to confirm that the young couple were 'in love' but added that he feared for the long-term future of their relationship because of the attitude of the British Establishment.

"What chances do you think that they have got of getting married? What do you think of her chances of getting into that Royal Family ... she's Zimbabwean," he said.

He added that Chelsy might want to get married but after a romance of just eight months it was still early days. Paul said that he even doubted whether Prince Harry would be allowed to visit Chelsy at her home in Zimbabwe - which would make it difficult for him to ask her father's permission to wed in traditional fashion.
"What chances do you think of Harry coming to this country? What chance has he got? Do you honestly believe that the British Government will let Harry come to this country?" said Paul Davy.

"They won't. Why should they? I mean Mugabe and Blair are at loggerheads, I mean the chances of Harry coming here are very slim."

Last week Paul was quoted by a Zimbabwean journalist as saying the young couple wanted to wed.

http://www.zimbabwesituation.com/dec19a_2004.html#link10

I agree with ALLL, who cares if Chelsy was chasing after the princes, so were a lot of other girls in Cheltenham, Gloucs and elsewhere.

I agree with Uncle Paul on the bit that Harry will never be allowed to visit Zimbabwe whilst Mugabe is in command...nor his henchmen.

If THIS IS TRUE, she was the one doing all the pursuing in the relationship, not him.

Adele, pics plz?

Also, are there any photo's of Chelsy from her visits to Club H?

so if Harry wanted to open up a "real" club I am sure he has the funds to do so. I think that would be something he would enjoy once he gets out of the military, than everyone can go to CLUB H in London.

[/quote]

Oh definitely, from his house at Highgrove to Africa and back...several times. Some guys just need a few pushes. There's an Uncle John as well....keen on that marriage I think.

How right you are!! Harry's best friends like Pelly and Dyer are in the pub/club business....with Royal patrons, they do very well.

BTW, no personal  pics are ever allowed inside the private residences of the BRF, such as Highgrove..base of Club H. The 'H' is for Highgrove.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1001697,00.html

Their last breakup was quite a long one....the so-called romance quite precarious.IMO

DIANISTA # 1

sillyjobug

Sometimes breakups are necessary to get things on the right track. Perhaps they just needed time to focus on the other aspects of their lives. I see it as normal. They seem happy now. We'll have to wait and see if it lasts.
Harryite #0094   

Adele

Cherryite # 002

Kate

I agree we have to wait and see if it lasts.... however considering how young they were when they began dating , I feel they needed a break up to test the waters. Harry being very young, I'm sure needed to see what he was missing and Chelsy as well. Yet after having been free for almost 10 months, decided to give it another try and now they look very happy and content.Had Harry met someone in that 10 months then they would have obviously moved on!! It didn't work out that way!

Lucy

Quote from: Adele on May 28, 2010, 07:19:01 PM
Quote from: Lucy on May 28, 2010, 06:17:42 PM
Adele, pics plz?

pics  :)

I agree, SJB  :happy:

Just to clarify, Adele, it was RoyalFamFan23 who in post #50 asked you for the pics from Argentina or ?  ;)
DIANISTA # 1

sandy

CHelsy could pursue Harry until the cows came home but if the guy is not interested it does no good. Looking at Harry's face when he's with her IMO shows he is VERY nterested in her. I don't know why it is dismissed that HE may play a part in the relationship. CHelsy is hardly an Amazon Princess who rope tied him and is keeping him prisoner. He cares about her and wants to be with her. They are a cute couple and are happy. I think they were attracted to each other lke any other couple and started a relationship. Why must Chelsy continually be accused of "chasing him?" Nobody knows except THEM what the relationship dynamics are but the looks the two give each other when together speaks volumes.

Adele

Quote from: Lucy on May 28, 2010, 08:02:54 PM
Just to clarify, Adele, it was RoyalFamFan23 who in post #50 asked you for the pics from Argentina or ?  ;)

:blink: was it? i must be having a baby brain moment  :blush:
in that case the post in the link needs editing aswell :lol: as i put lucy in that 
sorry  :heart:

Cherryite # 002

anitalalala

I honestlly dont believe the pursuing theory honestlly...
To me it looks like a couple who feel in love thourgh coincidences of the destiny honestlly...
Chelsy studied in england while a kid/teen has nothing to deal with the fact that later theyve met and start dating..as far as i can undrestand..if they have knwledge about each other existence (obviouslly im talkinfg about harry knwoing chels since hes a prince and everyone knows him)..anyway i dont think he ever noticed her while she was at england as a kid..coz hey they were kids!!!
And things change believe me.I have a lot of friends and sweethearts while i was a child that after growing up dont even recognize them or vice versa...so yes things are always relative onm such cases...
I dont think chelsys intentions were to cgrap, pursue him...who says her parents of any other possible familly members...jesus she was a child..and so was harry!!!!

I think that at that time they merelly knew each other..and probablly have spoken hi or something eventually...i think that both were into other crowds and love interests...and thats it!!!Then they met again back in south africa...both grown up, diferent and he was on a gap year..i think it was something totally unexpected!!!And i doubt that she or anyone else forced him to notice each other or actually ahve a look at her direction..i mean  :blink:
and i doubt that harry feel in love with a girl obliged or coz she was pursuing him..actually i think if that was the case he would simply take her for fun and go away..or maybe actually run as fast as he could...who knows!!!!
Actually the fact he was in africa makes me believe quite the opositte  :D

I mean theres no sense to it...

The rest of the history..once they were already for  quite a looong time dating and completlly in love, aparentlly...
Chelsy took the smart decision, since finihing her studies in SA,to move to england to continue her reationship with harry and also aproaching the oportunity to give her studies a level ahead...and besides many people have diferent theorys about it..i honestlly believe that she only did it to be closer to him (as she was the one in the position to take such decision at the time..lets not forget harry was/is in the army and as a prince he cant not leave england actually) So to me she took the decision of moving to england to be closer to him and to continue there relationship..keep it alive since she was able to do it ..eversince she finished her studies....thats all.

For love thats what it seems to me...not for fame or for a tiara as some claims by unproved bases that it was her exclusivelly reason.
The rest of the history to me sounds also as a destiny coincidental situation...

She had a hard time adapting to her new life..he was very focused in the army and couldnt give her the necessary atention..
they became very conflictive about each others feelings and prioritys and thats was the negginning of the end..they lost the inicial focus of the realtionship and came to the fair and wise decision to separate.
Wich again to me honestlly dosnt sound as a smart and previouslly planned action from someone whos desperatelly trying to catch a prince ever since the age of 11!!!
People can say whatever they want.But the fact is that a 9 months break up means actually something...its not only part of a plan or someone playing games to get something actually...
A 2/3 months separation maybe...but almost a year separated i guess thats too much for some playing games to get atention only!!!
And such actions make me believe that were talking about a couple who actually leave by theyre momentaneous and true emotions and not plans made when theyre kids to conquer tiaras, fame or anything else...

I judge that chelsy takes this relationship for what it is...and just seems to follow her emotions..actually thats what my logic sense take me to believe judging by her aparental actions when it comes to this relationship...

Playing games is a thing that almost every couple does once and again to actually keep the relationhip alive....b
ut no i dont believe that they take theyre relationship as something planned i think they accept things as they are and just seems to let the rest flows... and thats it..no one knows whats going to happen..including themselves!!!
And judging by this line of thinking and such aparental actions by both..due to this relationship through the years...i doubt that theres any on purpose or  planned of pursuing each other as it was suggested.And as the facts shows if theres some..its probablly by harrys side and not the oposite...
Dont forget that chelsy have studied in england as a kid!!!But harry was aparentlly the one who feel in love with her..at her hometwon during his gap year..and hey he seems perfectlly happy to me...not someone who have felt into pursuing games by any women or have been actually obliged by the circunstances to actually stay with the same gitl for 5 years and more..after some break ups and one looong break up where if that was the case he could easilly gave up on this realtionship with the blink of an eye, if that was the case
:notamused:

Theirys are theorys and they will always exists,...to me such theorys just dont make a sense...

Lucy

Quote from: Adele on May 28, 2010, 09:06:24 PM
Quote from: Lucy on May 28, 2010, 08:02:54 PM

:blink: was it? i must be having a baby brain moment  :blush:
in that case the post in the link needs editing aswell :lol: as i put lucy in that 
sorry  :heart:

No worries, Lady...happens all the time....just wanted to mention I didn't ask that particular question. Plus some of my own editing could use improvements. :hearts: :chuckle:
DIANISTA # 1

Hale

QuoteIn days gone by (long gone, thank goodness) mothers of daughters would have pushed those girls into what was termed "good" marriages with highly-born sons of "good" families.

QuoteThe times when mothers promoted the children were mostly in the early 20th century.

That still goes on today.  Both old and new families.  Especially with new money parents because they view it as a culmination of their dreams and aspirations.

QuoteA Princess is not a fairytale character, it's someone who has to give up their lives for others, not do the job they want to do, and watch their children be harassed whilst they are criticised for everything from how they spend their own money to how they raise their own children.

Yes, but that doesn't stop some from dreaming or romanticising the whole thing consequently, I do ask myself the question is the girlfriend in love with him or the idea of him?  By the way, I apply that to any girlfriend of these princes.

I still have a problem with Harry's cheating.  If they were so happy why did he feel the need to do so?  I guess the other thing I keep asking myself is why take a guy back for cheating on you?  Not once, but three times?