Princess Diana - Random Chat

Started by drezzle, February 18, 2010, 01:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandy

Quote from: amabel on February 13, 2011, 02:18:59 PM
and Diana had 2 children within a few years. I can't see that she had any problems conceiving.

Amabel this is a purely hypothetical discussion. It was involving Charles' leaving Diana in the early stages of pregnancy to go skiing. 1) Stress IS known to cause miscarriages, not saying this necessarily would have happend though and 2) CHarles would have really looked bad leaving his pregnant wife and heaven forbid if she got sick while he was away, the press would have been unmerciful.

amabel

Quote from: cinrit on February 13, 2011, 03:08:52 PM
Quote from: Trudie on February 13, 2011, 02:03:12 PM

Which information are you referring to, Trudie?  Only the information that disagrees with yours?  :laugh:  I would assume that if Diana had had a miscarriage, she would have seen a doctor shortly thereafter, if not immediately, and the news would have gotten out to the public one way or the other.  If she didn't see a doctor, unless she had an "incident" very early on, she would have no way of knowing if it was a miscarriage or not.  And yes, bulimia can cause miscarriages .... but obviously it doesn't cause miscarriages 100% of the time.

Cindy
I would say it is unlikely she Had a miscarriage.  if she had had one, she might well have been hors de combat for a while and because of that, her experience might well have been announced publicly.  The Duchess of Kent had a late miscarriage with her final pregnancy and it was publicly announced.  so ws Sophie Wessex's ectopic pregnancy.  or as you say Cindy it would probably have been mentioned in bios after her death at leaset. I think that the reason for the story was as I've said that people were all crazy keen for her to have a second baby and perhaps some newspaper hack started to believe his own imagining.. or possibly Di thought she was pregnant, and told the queen, and was overheard, then found that it was a false alarm and as a result some writer decided that she must have lost it....

sandy

Which Duchess of Kent? Catherine or Marina? Marina was not known to have a miscarriage (I read a book about her) and her final pregnancy with Prince Michael was shortly before Prince George was killed ina  plane crash

I don't think the Palaces announce miscarriages Princess Alice of Gloucester was much later (reported in the literature about her) said to have several miscarriages before the births of her two children. I doubt very much the Palace announced Alice's miscarriages at the time.

One book said that Princess Margaret and the Queen toasted Diana's announcement of a pregancy in September 1983. Maybe BP just didn't bother to bring it to the attention of a media. One other source said she miscarried in November 1983.

amabel

Quote from: sandy on February 14, 2011, 06:55:51 PM
Which Duchess of Kent? Catherine or Marina? Marina was not known to have a miscarriage (I read a book about her) and her final pregnancy with Prince Michael was shortly before Prince George was killed ina  plane crash

One book said that Princess Margaret and the Queen toasted Diana's announcement of a pregnancy in September 1983. Maybe BP just didn't bother to bring it to the attention of a media. One other source said she miscarried in November 1983.
Sorry Sandy I meant the present Duchess Katherine.  She had a pregnancy in 1977, Jubilee year that ended in a late miscarriage...
I can't see that if Di was pregnant the Palace would not announce it.  Why not?

sandy

It was in the early stages perhaps. All I'm doing is reporting what these books claimed. I need to look up the titles. I recall being surprised reading about the Queen and her sister toasting Diana's pregnancy in September 1983.

amabel

Quote from: sandy on February 14, 2011, 07:01:13 PM
It was in the early stages perhaps. All I'm doing is reporting what these books claimed. I need to look up the titles. I recall being surprised reading about the Queen and her sister toasting Diana's pregnancy in September 1983.
I know there are books sayng this,  All I'm saying is that I do not think that they are correct. I can't imagine any reason why they would not announce the pregnancy quite early as is usually the case.  People wanted to hear of another baby on the way. 

sandy

Diana knew she was pregnant with William weeks before it was announced to the media.

amabel

Quote from: sandy on February 14, 2011, 07:17:17 PM
Diana knew she was pregnant with William weeks before it was announced to the media.

yes but if she knew she was pregnant in September It woujdl probably be announced in October.

sandy

If there were a pregnancy it will never be truly known. Unless someone  comes forward with knowledge of it and more proof.  No biography ever had the story of Frances's pregnancy that happened before Diana was born. She revealed it many years later towards the end of her life. John Spencer never even knew about the pregnancy and miscarriage

amabel

Quote from: sandy on February 14, 2011, 07:25:18 PM
If there were a pregnancy it will never be truly known. Unless someone  comes forward with knowledge of it and more proof.  No biography ever had the story of Frances's pregnancy that happened before Diana was born. She revealed it many years later towards the end of her life. John Spencer never even knew about the pregnancy and miscarriage

yes but she did reveal it.  I should say it is highly unlike that Di had another pregnancy.

dianab

I also think unlike that Diana had another pregnancy.
And Diana also said she dont knew as they make Harry, I dont remember very well the dates, but if the rumours of this pregnancy were in September, I think still more unlike this story to be true, according to Diana the marriage was in bad state in (mid/late) 1983 (right info & timeline?) that for her the pregnancy of Harry was a surprise.

fawbert

Quote from: Ursula on February 18, 2010, 03:51:55 AM
Quote from: Lucy on February 18, 2010, 01:41:53 AM
Diana portraits are always removed before either or both of them enter a room on tour....how insecure is that ?!?!?!
Could it be that they have a problem with there being THREE in a marriage?  :notamused:  

It is not done with the approval of the royal pair. It's invariably the action of a jittery, eager to please Lord Mayor or his councillors....
Fawbert

amabel

Quote from: dianab on February 14, 2011, 09:35:23 PM
I also think unlike that Diana had another pregnancy.
And Diana also said she dont knew as they make Harry, I dont remember very well the dates, but if the rumours of this pregnancy were in September, I think still more unlike this story to be true, according to Diana the marriage was in bad state in (mid/late) 1983 (right info & timeline?) that for her the pregnancy of Harry was a surprise.
I think that is pretty unlikely.  They were presumably trying to have a second baby.  There is probably SOMETHING behind the story, and as I've said, it was possibly that Diana was tryhing to have another baby, had a false alarm and thought she was pregnant and was over heard telling someone and the story went from there.  When no baby resulted at the time some writer thought that perhap she had lost it....or thought it woudl make a story...

Hale

This thread is now closed.  You can locate the new thread here.