WORLD EXCLUSIVE: The massive rift driving Prince Charles & Harry apart

Started by easydoesit, December 04, 2009, 05:23:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ursula

BrooKlynDiVa, I agree - it must be "something" for the boys to have to deal with Camilla as their father's wife.  Second marriages can be tricky enough, but the dirty history in this situation is extraordinary.  They love their father and they went along with the program for his sake, but it was selfish of Charles to expect that of them.  

scooter

Quote from: Hale on January 01, 2010, 08:20:08 PM
Quote from: daibando on January 01, 2010, 04:29:24 PM
[ Oh I did, a juvenile monster in the guise of a cherub. Everyone loved the little brat, but he remained a brat. :jester:
:hehe:

An earlier post by easydoesit reminds me of the interview Ken Wharfe gives in the Prince Harry documentary on the Bio channel, that RPO's became surrogate fathers.  Ken Wharfe also implied that PC did want to be more hands on but when the breakdown of the marriage between C & D happened it was better to take a step back.  Which makes me wonder if in the course of the breakdown of their marriage did the children become something of a battleground.

In the same documentary, Judy Wade said that Diana won the propaganda war in so far as the princes were concerned because it was only the occasional official pic which PC would allow himself to be photographed when with his sons.

OMG Hale, I saw the Ken Warfe interview and he did the most dead on mimicry of Prince Charles...the eyebrows, the mout off to one side, the 'voice' saying better you than me when Warfe was talking about go karting through the garden at highgrove!

Hale

Kate

Actually I always liked Ken Wharfe and (OMG I've forgotten the other gent!). I think they kept Diana's confidences, wrote their books showing all sides, IMO.I also feel they were there for the boys, and looked after them on their watch..
I missed the mimicry...Must try and find it...

easydoesit

I saved that documentary. It was called William & Harry: What Really Happened? by  Jacques Peretti.  It was on youtube but has been removed.

Stix Chix

Hale and Sandy brought up the surrogate fathers they had (and which i think they still have to an extent) and their last nanny Tiggy.  i wonder if maybe Charles....for all his high position in life....just didn't have enough authority in his house to keep his sons under control?  or if he even really tried and just left it to other people who might not have been as successful at it as a parent would have been?  it would mirror Charles own life of leaning on nannies and his "honorary grandfather" Louis Mountbatten rather then his often physically and emotionally absent parents.

Quote from: Lindelle on December 30, 2009, 11:03:06 PM
Thanks Stix Chix, it takes a lot of learning, patience and asprin to be a parent :thumbsup:
:happytears:

Harryite #0004

Ursula

^ Could be.  Maybe Charles knew what he didn't want for his sons, but couldn't quite pull off what he did want.   

Satrine

Coming from the background that Charles has, it might be that he finds it difficult/hard to understand or relate to what William and Harry need emotionally especially after Diana died. Usually if something that traumatic happened to a parent the kids would need professional counseling & I am not quite sure if they had that or even if it's acceptable for the RF to do so. It seems just based on the history of the RF that turning the other cheek is the protocol. I think Charles is a better father than his father was to him, but it might not have been enough for what William and Harry were going through at the time and I believe still going through. I truly believe that one has to make amends with their past in order to have a fullfilling future. I am not sure that they were given the chance to fully grieve for their mother. Perhaps Harry views of his mother conflict w/those of Charles and that could create tension. Harry seemed very much a mama boy IMO.
"OUR LIVES BEGIN TO END THE DAY WE BECOME SILENT ABOUT THINGS THAT MATTER"

-MARTIN LUTHER KING