For or Against the New Rule 17 in General Forum Rules?

Started by Flowers-at-Dawn, January 10, 2009, 10:49:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ermilinda

WOW

Objective

Thanks Tizzy for clarifying - spot on. :)

@ leogirl: Tizzy was only trying to clarify what I meant - question of fact.

You misunderstood what I meant: Chelsy seems to be elevated above what her accomplishment is worth, no matter what country you measure it from. It's a simple post-graduate degree from an average/second rate university. Nothing more, nothing less. What was the academic requirement to get into this course? That would tell a whole lot, again, from an Australian perspective, at the very least. Though, I have been told from a father who sent his daughter to Oxford (he is a doctor) that the entry requirements are absolutely stringent: ie one has to have the academic chops, as well as other things. Chelsy is not at this university.

My 'Australian perspective' is always valid, because that is from where I measure her accomplishment. It has nothing at all to do with where Chelsy is studying or her nationality.

Anyway, to reiterate: I think a level of restraint has to be applied in order to not make the board antagonistic. That way, we might all respect each other's views a little more and not be so defensive. IMO.

Emme

Agreed Objective!  :thumbsup:

In order to practice restraint one must have the mindset to do so. IMHO, of course, restraint must accompany courtesy, politeness, and a willingness to allow others to have their say-even when it differs from own.

Just thinking out loud..... :)

Objective

True Emme! And, not feel the need to judge others ...

Emme

Ermilinda

Quote from: Objective on January 15, 2009, 10:28:43 PM
Anyway, to reiterate: I think a level of restraint has to be applied in order to not make the board antagonistic. That way, we might all respect each other's views a little more and not be so defensive. IMO.
Quote from: Emme on January 15, 2009, 10:34:27 PM
Agreed Objective!  :thumbsup:

In order to practice restraint one must have the mindset to do so. IMHO, of course, restraint must accompany courtesy, politeness, and a willingness to allow others to have their say-even when it differs from own.

Just thinking out loud..... :)
Quote from: Objective on January 15, 2009, 10:57:10 PM
True Emme! And, not feel the need to judge others ...

uh huh....... :sowhat:

Monika

Hmmm...  I see a lot has been discussed while I was pulling my hair out over computer issues.  :laugh:

Either way, ladies.  I can have fun too...  ;) 

AP:  "Kate Middleton Found Guilty of Breaking 11th Commandment:  Thou Shalt Not Be Luckier Than I"

Jenee

Locked because people can't seem to stay on topic :rolleyes:
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore