Japanese Monarchy: Articles from 2009-2010

Started by Kuei Fei, November 18, 2008, 06:41:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

royalwatcher05

She really shouldn't  be in the class at her daughters age. The bullying was sometime ago. Truly a sheltered life.

Kuei Fei

Masako shouldn't be going to classes with her daughter, but doing engagements. It's simply not appropriate.

Jenee

"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

Jenee

Kuei Fei

Thank you so much Jenee. Masako HAS to get it together or the Imperial Family has to let her go and the Crown Prince should remarry. It's been over ten years now and TIME TO GET IT TOGETHER. I hate hearing on how Aiko is suffering because her mother is sick. This is a KID WHO NEEDS a stable, solid mother who will either be responsible and deal wtih her problems or Masako needs to go. Aiko needs a stable home life and parents. She needs to be able to get along with the children of the Court officials. Her mother needs to make things easier and do engagements, not smother her daughter or use her daughter's problems as a crutch to avoid her responsiblities in the Palace.

Girl from Ipanema

Quote from: Kuei Fei on October 18, 2010, 09:01:02 PM
Thank you so much Jenee. Masako HAS to get it together or the Imperial Family has to let her go and the Crown Prince should remarry. It's been over ten years now and TIME TO GET IT TOGETHER. I hate hearing on how Aiko is suffering because her mother is sick. This is a KID WHO NEEDS a stable, solid mother who will either be responsible and deal wtih her problems or Masako needs to go. Aiko needs a stable home life and parents. She needs to be able to get along with the children of the Court officials. Her mother needs to make things easier and do engagements, not smother her daughter or use her daughter's problems as a crutch to avoid her responsiblities in the Palace.

And you think a divorce makes it better?
The Household gives her the jobs, it´s not her fault that they didn´t give her so many.
After the wedding Masako and Naruhito flight into countries and she made a good impression.
But they should have children, so the Household and the Emperor cancelled appointments etc.
After a miscarriage she gave birt to a daughter, which means nothing. But she loves her and is a little bit too caring, that´s true.
But if I am under pressure why should I smile and pretend that there weren´t the indignities?
She refused 3 times Naruhitos proposels. And he wanted just her. Seems it´s not that easy.

I didn´t want to offend you.That´s not my intention.

Masako has a different education than for an example Kiko.
Masakos father wanted that she works not in Japan, it´s difficult for a woman (at that time, I don´t know how is it today).
But Masako wanted to work for her country. And that´s why she said yes to Naruhito. The chance to work for country, be with your people.
And this is the thing. I think she would have been a great crown princess. I don´t know how she will be as Empress.

But I hope with you she will make more in the public.

merged double posts

Kuei Fei

I don't htink a divorce would make things better, but I have to wonder if whether or not going to classes is helping her? She needs to get out more and I know she was educated with higher expectations, not her fault. She can work for her country through engagements. I simply mean that in a personal sense, she needs to straighten her head out for the sake of her daughter. Attending classes with her daughter is not going ot help her.

Jenee

Jenee

Empress Michiko at 76 feels her age

QuoteJapan's Empress Michiko, marking her 76th birthday on Wednesday, said she is starting to feel the effects of her age _ sometimes forgetting where she puts things _ but she hopes to keep up her official duties as long as she can.

Kuei Fei

No, I think it makes things emabrrassing and awkward for her.

BK

Mental illness can be a life long battle for sufferer. It's not as simple as "getting it together"! That's the last thing they need to hear.

If it's that simple, there wont be any mental illness in this world.   

How come Masako can attend her daughter's class but not official function? You cannot compare stress level of those. I've known a man who functions perfectly at home but could not go back to his work because of stress and anxiety. He's been on anti depressant for 20 years

There is no easy anwser to this. And sadly I think Aiko is being affected by it all, as you cant fool a kid her age anymore.   

Sir Octopi Knight

I was bullied through 10 years of school. I would ask my parents to allow me change schools or be home schooled, it wasn't a practical solution so I endured the unfair treatment from my classmates, friends helped me through. Suddenly three school years before graduation everybody changed, I no longer was the scapegoat, people matured and started respecting me.

Bullying is never justified, some are lucky and can adjust well to the status quo. A good team of friends always help as a shield against bullies. Princess Aiko should stick it out like a true little diplomat, make alliances with other oppressed victims of bullying or get home schooled. ...but, not every situation is as simple or one suggestion the ideal solution.
To dream the impossible dream. To right the unrightable wrong. To love pure and chaste from afar. To try when your arms are too weary. To reach the unreachable star. This is my quest. To follow that star. No matter how hopeless. No matter how far! 

The Mission Of Each True Knight

Kuei Fei

Quote from: BK on October 28, 2010, 03:28:45 PMMental illness can be a life long battle for sufferer. It's not as simple as "getting it together"! That's the last thing they need to hear.

If it's that simple, there wont be any mental illness in this world.   

How come Masako can attend her daughter's class but not official function? You cannot compare stress level of those. I've known a man who functions perfectly at home but could not go back to his work because of stress and anxiety. He's been on anti depressant for 20 years

There is no easy anwser to this. And sadly I think Aiko is being affected by it all, as you cant fool a kid her age anymore.

Let me tell you something. I have had ot deal with having mental illness for a long, long time. I have had ot deal with a lot and still get up in the morning. Being on all those meds didn't help, except to provide some chemical stability. I've had to deal with a mentally ill mother and it's done a lot of damage. It messes you up and Masako HAS TO START thinking of her daughter. She's (Masako) been seen going to expensive restaurants and Diana was bulimic and had serious issues herself, but managed to do dozens of tours, engagements, appearances, and dealt with what was going on in her life and in her head.

Masako has more of an education and more options. She is well educated, was more mature than Diana, but she isn't pulling it together for the sake of her daughter? In some cases, if you have children, you either pull it together or hadn your kids to someone who can give them a better home. In this case, Masako would be disgraced, but if she walked, then Aiko would likely be raised in a stable home environment. I am sure that it's been causing a lot of chaos. At some point, Masako and the Imperial Court have to start making some hard choices.

A nine year old isn't supposed to have to form alliances and worry about finding friends and not getting bullied. Her mother has no business being in her classroom. If she's having coping issues, it's not her fault that she has them. Her mother is the one who has to start making hard choices, not protecting her daughter in the classroom. If Masako isn't taking the right meds for her condition, yes, I hold her responsible. The right meds are the ones that she should be seeking out and she should start making progress in therapy. She is responsible to do her best to get herself in some condition where she can do her duties and function as a parent.

Jenee

Emperor and imperial family brave the rain

QuoteBraving heavy rain Japanese Emperor Akihito smiled under an umbrella as he greeted guests at the autumn garden party at the Akasaka Palace imperial garden in Tokyo, Thursday.

Trudie

Kuei Fei, I agree with you to a point Masako should be out doing engagements but the problem is the IHA. The mentality of the IHA is that it is Them that controls the IF. I remember reading that shortly after her marriage Masako was speaking at an engagement right after her husband and was actually given a dressing down by the IHA for speaking 10 seconds longer then her husband. As the CP I think they find her education and diplomatic skills a threat to showcasing the CP unlike Kiko who is quiet and demure to the point of boring. Masako is not the only one to be bullied and worn down by the IHA The Empress herself suffered and lost the ability to speak for months.

I think Aiko has picked up on the fact that as a girl she is pretty much worthless and boys can do pretty much as they please to prove they are manly even at an early age. I would be willing to bet that when Kiko became pregnant with her son it was done with gender selection via IVF as there was talk of changing the line to Aiko the rightful heir would not break tradition. It was convenient that during that time Kiko at her age would become pregnant and even more convenient that the child was a boy.

Jenee

Quote from: Trudie on November 12, 2010, 01:29:03 PM
I would be willing to bet that when Kiko became pregnant with her son it was done with gender selection via IVF as there was talk of changing the line to Aiko the rightful heir would not break tradition. It was convenient that during that time Kiko at her age would become pregnant and even more convenient that the child was a boy.

That's a very interesting theory. Personally, I do think it was just a coincidence, but if it ever came out that it was engineered, I can't say that I would be surprised.

Jenee

Jenee

LINK

QuoteJapan's Princess Aiko has settled back into school after taking time off when she was bullied by classmates.

The nine-year-old royal had cut back on classes after suffering anxiety attacks and stomach aches brought on by a series of incidents which included "rough behaviour" by boys at her school back in March.