Zara's May wedding... and Hello! is not invited

Started by Lillianna, June 07, 2008, 11:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lillianna

Zara's May wedding... and Hello! is not invited - Daily Mail

QuoteHaving watched Zara's brother Peter wed last month, the Princess Royal's only daughter and Tindall are planning their wedding for May and are already looking for venues.

Zara currently favours Windsor's St George's Chapel, where Peter and Autumn Kelly were married, but she is determined that her own big day will not be splashed over Hello! magazine.

Oh - it's that Katie Nicholl again. Boy, she just keep pumping out articles, doesn't she? :hmm:

I fully expected that these two would be next, but to my knowledge, there has been no announcement from Buckingham Palace... or have I missed something?
"Happy are those who expect nothing, for they will never be disappointed."

Be careful of your thoughts, for your thoughts become your words;
Be careful of your words, for your words become your deeds;
Be careful of your deeds, for your deeds become your habits;
Be careful of your habits, for your habits become your character;
Be careful of your character, for your character becomes your destiny.
Anon.

Rasta Watermelon

I thought those two will be next.

According to the article it says this.

QuoteFriends tell me that Zara, 26, who hopes to bring home an Eventing gold medal from this summer's Beijing Olympics, has been advised by her father Captain Mark Phillips to delay an official announcement as he wants her to focus on the Games.

If thats true why is Katie Nichols telling us this. :shrug:

Lillianna

Well they reported last year that her father wanted her to concentrate on her career and the (then) upcoming Olympic trials. At the time, there had been a great deal of speculation that they would tie the knot soon (as well as some pregnancy speculation, since she had gained weight). But then the DM also reported that her father did not care much for the fellow she is living with.

Then again, these tabloids change their tales so frequently that it is difficult to know what is what anymore... :D

Anon.

Allie

I don't know much about Zara & her boyfriend, but they seem like such an odd couple to me. Congrats to them if it's true though!

Lady_In_Waiting

Congratulations to Zara and Mike if true.  :thumbsup:

lurker

Yeah, Go Zara and Mike!  :thumbsup: I knew these two would be next. I know that Katie Nicholls isn't very reliable but gosh, I hope that's true because that would definitely postpone any Will/Kate wedding until 2010. That way the whole Kate get a job thing would also make a lot of sense. If she knows she's not gonna get married before 2010 with an engagement in late 2009, why the heck did she give up her Jigsaw job?
Thomas van Straubenzee fan No. 1! :wub2:

PopppyDaisy

Awww if it's true I'm happy for them, they seem like such a lovely couple, and I'd love another good old Royal knees up sae time next year.

I was already pretty sure they'd marry next year
HARRYITE #0012
Harry~Hands Down

Anyasha

If it's true, I hope they are velly velly happy. :wed:

Quote'They've become quite impatient,' the source added. 'Peter had to marry first to keep with tradition.

What's tradition?

Rasta Watermelon

I'm starting to think this could have some truth to it why....because Mike was seen outside the steps of Peter & Autumns wedding with the rest of the RF apart from Prince William, The Earl and Countess of Wessex. Mike was also in the wedding photo that was in hello.. you know the big family group photo that included The Queen & Prince Philip and the rest of the RF apart from Prince William. Isnt it if you are accepted or close to joining the RF you are usually included in such things.

I agree Lurker if this is true then there will be no William & Kate wedding for next year. Because the RF don't tend to have two weddings in a year, and I don't think William would want to upstage his cousin Zara or make it hard for Zara if true.

PopppyDaisy

^^ Yeah having Mike not just on the steps but actually in the official family photo confirmed to me that they were on the verge of engagement or privately already were.
HARRYITE #0012
Harry~Hands Down

Jayne

Quote from: Anyasha on June 08, 2008, 07:55:57 PM
If it's true, I hope they are velly velly happy. :wed:

What's tradition?
Men or brothers marry before their female counter-parts?

Lady_In_Waiting

I agree with all of you. The Royals only tend have one wedding a year so if Zara goes ahead William won't marry till the year after at least.

serene grace

Maybe in the meantime William will meet someone else. Kate has to get a real job or develop a career, I still think she's got a long wait for William, even if Zara and Mike marry next year.

"'Kate was going out with a bloke called Rupert Finch,' says a source. 'Soon afterwards, though, they split up and I remember William saying that he thought he might "have a go".'-TheGuardian-Observer: "Girl Interrupted"

Rhiannon*

I agree, I thought it was pretty significant that Mike was included in some photographs with the family. I hope its true, Zara would be such a beautiful bride but more importantly, they seem like a couple that genuinely love each other and suit each other well.  :sigh:

Lillianna

^^Yes, come to think of it, I have been pondering that too... :hmm: I mean, his position on the steps was pretty prominent. On one hand, it may be because Zara is the groom's sister, and on the other hand, it may be because most of Autumn's family were there on the steps with the royals. Then again...

Perhaps all those hints Zara was dropping in the media finally pushed him to propose! :)

Anon.

serene grace

How much money does Mike earn? Do you think Zara will still have the same lifestyle?

"'Kate was going out with a bloke called Rupert Finch,' says a source. 'Soon afterwards, though, they split up and I remember William saying that he thought he might "have a go".'-TheGuardian-Observer: "Girl Interrupted"

Rasta Watermelon

According to the Royalist website Zara has denied this, but then she would because she does have the olympics coming up.

I think Mike is accepted by her family and the whole royal family, but it may not mean they are getting married soon.

http://www.theroyalist.net/content/view/3787/1/

fawbert

Quote from: Lillianna on June 07, 2008, 11:46:27 PM
Zara's May wedding... and Hello! is not invited - Daily Mail

Oh - it's that Katie Nicholl again. Boy, she just keep pumping out articles, doesn't she? :hmm:

I fully expected that these two would be next, but to my knowledge, there has been no announcement from Buckingham Palace... or have I missed something?

If Zara is to marry in May 2009 then you haven't missed anything. The palace won't announce a forthcoming marriage until four or five months before the planned event.

===
Fawbert

Trudie

^ and yet that will provide Willie another way out of marriage as he said he would not marry until he was at least 28. OTH Zara and Mike seem to be a loving and supporting couple. I'm hoping she gets the gold and the ring. :wed:

alsgal

Quote from: fawbert on June 10, 2008, 10:38:26 AM
If Zara is to marry in May 2009 then you haven't missed anything. The palace won't announce a forthcoming marriage until four or five months before the planned event.

===
darn, I'll have to get all my plans in place and as soon as a PW wedding is announced, buy that plane ticket quick.... bet it will be hard to get a hotel room. Suggestions on a hotel??
!!!!! Wills is Happy!!!!! ( :D click the link to see how happy Wills is!)

Jenee

I think Katie is hoping she's right, but I doubt she has any real knowledge about plans for the two. However, I have assumed for a long time that Zara and Mike would be next!
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

wannable

"LIKE her horse, Toytown, swatting a fly with his tail, Zara Phillips dispatched the expected marital question into the Cotswold countryside yesterday.  I'm not engaged,' she a television interviewer before repeating the message in a stage whisper to anyone in earshot. 'Listen out everyone, I'm not engaged. I'm not engaged.' There had been a weekend report taking her relationship with England rugby international Mike Tindall to the next level."

Author: Alan Frazer, DM, Page 72

Jenee

Page 72 of the Daily Mail?  Surely the original article was on page 1!

lurker

Good that she cleared that up though.
See William one can simply come out and say "No, I'm not engaged" and that's that! Very simple maybe you should try that.  :laugh:
Thomas van Straubenzee fan No. 1! :wub2:

Jenee

I don't think many people actually think he's engaged.... I think most people think he's on the verge of proposing! And considering his statement to Arthur Edwards back in 200(4?) about not wanting to get married until he's 28-30 didn't do a whole lot of good to quell the speculation, I doubt a statement now would either!