Guy Pelly Bio/Timeline/Pictures

Started by saywhatwhat, March 28, 2008, 05:11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allie

whisperofsound

hi, thanks allie, and to wannabe thanks for the link.
Welcome All New and Old Today and Everyday

MapleLeaf

I wonder if Dave Clark and Bea will end up dating for 6 or 7 years?  It seems likely that they would.  They've been together for 3 years now, since Bea was 18.  If they don't end up breaking up, then they'll have to date a long time.  Bea is 21 and this is her 2nd year at uni.  She's got another 2 years to go before graduating, and after she does, somehow I doubt she'll want to get married right after graduating from uni.  I would think that she'd want at least a year or even two years to live as an adult on her own before getting married and beginning a lifetime of Royal duties.
:happycanada:

Facts do not cease to exist just because they are ignored.
~Aldous Huxley
:xmas10:

MapleLeaf

Isn't that Guy's girlfriend Susanna Warren in that bus with him?  If so, she's not a 'mystery girl' at all! 
:happycanada:

Facts do not cease to exist just because they are ignored.
~Aldous Huxley
:xmas10:

Chanel

No that's definitely not Susanna, her hair's not that long and her face is just different.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."- Jimi Hendrix

wannable

From the Independent, Oct. 18, 2009
QuoteTHE NIGHTCLUB OWNER
Guy Pelly, 27
He co-owns London nightclubs Mahiki and Whisky Mist, the bar Tini and Mayfair pub The Punchbowl, which is also owned by Guy Ritchie. The son of a Kent landowner, he is "best friends" with Princes William and Harry, owns a house in Chelsea and is thought to be worth more than £40m. Pelly wasn't able to talk to us, because he and business partners Piers Adam and Nick House were "about to jet out on Piers's jet to LA to talk about opening a beach-style Mahiki over there", but did admit that business has been "amazing – despite the recession".

A Mahiki club in LA, California   :hula:

Allie

Seems like an odd time to open a new nightclub in L.A. On top of the economy being so bad, it's a hard market to break in to. Clubs are constantly opening and closing within six months or so.

Kate

Allie

New picture:
http://www.picturedesk.com/de/preview/medium/search/PDI_20091015_PDI431.html

Caption:
Guy Pelly Tatler 300th Anniversary celebration, Lancaster House, London, Britain

drezzle

Is Guy Pelly related to Fawcett, Charles's non-negotiable?
If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us.

easydoesit

easydoesit

QuoteUsing his connections to Princes Harry and William, he has poured young, rich, reckless blue blood into the nightclub scene. It's due to his influence that William mixes with girls from North East council estates such as Cheryl Cole, and Harry took a Gladiators presenter who posed for the cover of a men's mag, Caroline Flack, back to Clarence House after a night on the town.

QuoteSo do the princes themselves order drinks?

'Sometimes they'll come over. Both of them are always really polite; they don't mind waiting, but usually they do get served first.' (And of course, being royal, they don't pay.)

Royal visits are never unexpected, as they're preceded by a visit from security, who ensure a clean exit can be obtained via the back entrance.

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/home/moslive/article-1238248/The-kings-clubs-The-men-Londons-hippest-venues.html

wannable

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/election-2010/7629151/The-Queen-prefers-an-evening-with-Michael-Palin-than-Nick-Clegg.html

QuotePrinces' chum Guy Pelly saddles up for a Badminton party

By encouraging his friends Prince William and Prince Harry to make regular appearances, Guy Pelly has helped turn Mahiki, of which he is the marketing director, into one of London's most talked-about nightspots. Now, he has been employed to transform the rather staid image of the Badminton Horse Trials.

Pelly tells Mandrake that he is to open a bar, The Outside Chance, at the three-day event, which starts on Friday in the park of Badminton House, the Gloucestershire seat of the Duke of Beaufort. Next Sunday, it will transform into a ticket-only nightclub, The Mane Event.

"I'm a country lad at heart and have been going to Badminton since I was a small boy," he says. "It's a great event with so much going on and the hope is that our bar will make it even more fun

Kate

It's nice to know someone, who can give you a leg up, in life....I realize from reading the above and other articles regarding Guy Pelly that the Princes and he are the best of friends.. however, I hope he (Guy) realizes he can't keep going to the well... even if the Princes like to help him out..IMO.. I have to confess, that just seeing his photo I have to wonder and conclude that he must have one terrific personality to have the circle of friends ( including others, other then Harry and William) he has!!

Allie

wannable

QuoteRoyalReporter

Guy Pelly, friend of Princes William and Harry, is seeking £350,000 in High Court action for "unpaid work" on London bar Tini.

That' a lot of dough.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23839333-club-promoter-friend-of-princes-sues-bar-over-pound-350000-fees.do