Danish Monarchy: Articles from 2008

Started by truly_thata, November 26, 2007, 04:55:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lillianna

Thanks! :flower:

Comment: Frederik looks good. Mary: a complete switch again (she was doing so well last week). This week: oh God, no, no, no. No. That coat is all wrong with the ensemble, among other things. Too many details. Everything clashes. The stylist must be on a break. But I like the way she has her hair.

Dronning Margrethe has the right approach. :thumbsup:
"Happy are those who expect nothing, for they will never be disappointed."

Be careful of your thoughts, for your thoughts become your words;
Be careful of your words, for your words become your deeds;
Be careful of your deeds, for your deeds become your habits;
Be careful of your habits, for your habits become your character;
Be careful of your character, for your character becomes your destiny.
Anon.

Lillianna

Thanks for the link!

It's funny, during his bachelor days he was more known for attending fashion events showcasing female wear, and was sometimes photographed surrounded by models after the shows. It's rare to see him at a male fashion event! :laugh:

Anon.

Berlin

anikas

Queen Margrethe visits Mexico

QuoteDenmark's Queen Margrethe was welcomed by the Mexican President when she arrived in the South American country yesterday (18.02.08).

Margrethe - who has been joined by her husband Prince-Consort Henrik on the state visit - was greeted by Felipe Calderón as part of the trip which will highlight cultural projects the two countries are working on together.
Willite #0107 Cheese-ite #0015

anikas

Sorry for the double post... Edit time passed  :blush: Some pics the arrival and 1st day :)

Welcoming ceremony

Official Dinner
Willite #0107 Cheese-ite #0015

dizzylizzy13

Thank you for the pictures Anikas  :date:

Well, it must be a nice change from the Danish winter  :)

Lila the Flirt

Flirt's the name, flirtin's my game :lila:

Rhiannon*

Is it just me, or does she look like a prettier and blonde version of JK Rowling in that picture?

Anyasha

Karlita23

OMG!  ???

I feel sooo stupid right now, because Im from Mexico, and I have no idea that the Queen Margrete was here  :blink:

But then again, this kind of news never or rarely hit the main news, because for the mayority of the mexican people is a little more interesting another kind of news. Thats a really shame!!  :cry: I hope someday that could change  :notamused:
This is our destiny - Jamal, Slumdog Millionaire   :flowery:  :flowery:

Diedera

Thank you for the pictures!  :thumbsup:
:snowflake:

busyme

:kisskiss: Flirt-ite #0017 :Royal: Willite #0096

Lillianna

Anon.

marine2109

Thanks for the great pics Anikas!!!!!!!!Mary looks wonderful as always!!!!  :flower:

marine2109

Anyasha

QuoteAfter announcing the couple's engagement last year, a press officer for the Danish Royal Family claimed the future princess had a bachelor degree in Marketing and Information Technology from New York's Marymount Manhattan College.

The officer also revealed Marie had studied business at Boston's Babson College for two years.

However, Danish gossip magazine Se og Hor has now discovered the 32-year-old does not have either of those qualifications, and only worked as an intern when she was in New York.

http://people.monstersandcritics.com/royalwatch/news/article_1396091.php/Prince_Joachims_fianc%E9e_questions

:hmm: Strange. Didn't CP Haakon recommend that Mette-Marit continue her education? Surely Prince Joachim would have done the same if they had just told the truth the first time around. (That's if this article is even true.)

Berlin

The DRF, Joachim, or Marie never said anything about her education. 

Lillianna

^^That's what I recall as well. The most I heard was that she had worked in her father's companies in Switzerland and France, or something to that effect. That's the press for you. They concocted a whole lot of stuff about Mary's qualifications and work experiences as well, above and beyond the embellishments that were already evident. It just goes to show, you can't believe everything you read! :)

Anon.