Royalty Questions: Ask all your questions here....

Started by Wombat, December 28, 2006, 06:26:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

truly_thata

We Have Our Own Way to the Palace

Nighthawk

here's a question why isn't Zara a princess ?  why isn't she Princess Zara ???

starlight

Nighthawk,The Princess Royal and her former husband Captain Mark Philips did not want their children to be HRH, princes, princess, lady or lord. Because they wanted them to have a more normal life, and I think it has worked.

Nighthawk

truly_thata

if PC become King is the national anthem "God Save the Queen" will change?

busyme

^ I wondered about that to, I think it does.....

It would be a little awkward to sing "God save the Queen" to PC.  :windsor1:
:kisskiss: Flirt-ite #0017 :Royal: Willite #0096

fawbert

Quote from: PrincessKLS on May 16, 2007, 04:03:14 AM
Have they reconsidered the no Catholics law or do you think they ever will? Considering that they reconsidered the no divorcees or "must be a virgin" law.

We never had a no divorcee or no virgin law..
Fawbert

fawbert

Quote from: starlight on June 21, 2007, 09:37:00 PM
Nighthawk,The Princess Royal and her former husband Captain Mark Philips did not want their children to be HRH, princes, princess, lady or lord. Because they wanted them to have a more normal life, and I think it has worked.

No. The Letters Patent of 1917 drawn up by George V state that only the grandchildren of the Sovereign in the male line were to be princes or princesses with the prefix HRH. Anne's children are grandchildren in the female line, and therefore take no royal style and titles.

Fawbert

Jenee

Quote from: truly_thata on June 23, 2007, 02:11:59 AM
if PC become King is the national anthem "God Save the Queen" will change?

Yes, it becomes "God Save the King"
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

Savanna

fawbert

"God Save the King" was sung in the reigns of George II, George III, George IV and William IV before it was transformed into "God Save the Queen" for Victoria...
Fawbert

Savanna

It still does sound better to sing the Queeeeeeeeeen, than the Kinggggggggggg

busyme

^ Well unless PC decides to have a sex change we clearly don't have a choice. ;)

But I do agree, it sounds better with Queen than King.

truly_thata

yeah...but really funny to hear God save the Queen when PC was King

Savanna

I am sure the people would just love it! Like me  :nod:

busyme

What? Charles having a sex change? :huh?:  :happytears: I think Cams would be a bit unhappy.  :waaaah:

Savanna

No, no sex change - just singing "Queen" still! Just keeping the lyric, the people will like it!

PrincessKLS

In our more modern history 20-21st centuries who has been the youngest monarch to pass away?

Krystle

Hello all!

I just became interested in how to properly address British royalty. I've gotten involved in editing an article on wikiHow, "How to Address British Royalty and Aristocracy" at http://www.wikihow.com/Address-British-Royalty-and-Aristocracy (it's a wiki, so anyone can edit the articles there). All the info I could find on this is there, but I'm still not sure if it's correct or complete. I was hoping maybe someone here could shed light on this topic and make sure I'm on the right track.

These are the instructions, do they sound accurate to you? Or would I embarrass myself in front of "Her Majesty the Queen" if I used these steps? HELP!  :gaah:

1. Acknowledge royalty with a bow from the neck (not the waist) if you're male and a small curtsy if you're female. Only shake the queen's hand if it is offered to you first (if you are wearing gloves, they should not be removed).

2. Begin a conversation using a formal address.

• Queens and Kings are addressed as "Your Majesty". Introduce them as "Her Majesty the Queen" (not "Queen of England", it is "Queen of the United Kingdom").
  • Princes and Princesses are referred to "Your Royal Highness." Introduce them as "His Royal Highness the Prince of Wales." Any child or grandchild of a monarch is considered a prince or princess. The spouse of a prince is also a princess, although the spouse of a princess is not always a prince. A great-grandchild of a king or queen is not considered a prince or princess, but they are still a Lord or Lady. Address them as, e.g. "Lady Jane" and introduce them as "Lady Jane Windsor" (unless they have a different title of their own).
  • Dukes and Duchesses are called "Your Grace" or "Duke/Duchess." Introduce the duke to someone else as "His Grace the Duke of Norfolk," the duchess as "Her Grace the Duchess of Norfolk".
  • Baronets, Baronesses and Knights are addressed as "Sir" followed by their first name for a baronet and a male knight, or "Dame" followed by the first name for a baroness and a female knight. Introduce them in the same way, but include their last name as well. For example, use "Dame Gertrude" in conversation, and introduce her as "Dame Gertrude Mellon."  This does not apply to the wife of a baronet or knight (see next category). Baronesses is a separate title -- it doesn't mean the wife of a baronet.
  • Except as listed below, other forms of nobility are addressed as, "Lord or Lady Towlebridge" (for the Earl of Towlebridge), and introduced the same way.You wouldn't normally give their exact rank during an introduction. A peer's wife is introduced as "Lady Towlebridge" (not "Lady Honoria Towlebridge," which would imply that she has some other rank).

3.  Use "Sir" or "Ma'am" thereafter. If the noble uses a casual style of conversation, drop the "Sir" or "Ma'am." Don't make them have to ask.

Cassidy

Quote from: Krystle on July 14, 2007, 06:37:57 PM
Any child or grandchild of a monarch is considered a prince or princess.

Her Majesty's oldest grandchildren, Peter and Zara Phillips, are not Prince and Princess. Apparently the offer was made when they were born but it was declined by their mother, the Princess Royal.

Catherinite #0007                                :kisskiss: Flirt-ite #0002
[

mediastar

A baroness is the female equivalent of a baron - not a baronet.

The female equivalent of a baronet is - I believe - a baronetess - although I don't know of one. A baronet is styled Sir.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

heather

Nighthawk

are any of the royal family members left in Iraq female ?? anyone know ? I've been reseaching and can't find anything really

heather

All I could find was Princess Hiyam and Princess Nafeesa, and they were shot. :(